• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Aaah, after two months of waiting we finally get to read the Austrian AAR! This seems to be a story entirely unlike the 30YW we all know and cherish. :)

It seems to me that being a warmonger can be quite dangerous. Wars appear to be hideously expensive, quickly slowing down that vital tech development to a snail's pace.

DK,

How was the Swedish army so powerful that it could defeat forces three times larger; was it simply through high morale or from technological improvements?

Considering this was 1632, the Swedish army was probably the best trained and organized military in the world, with brilliant commanders to boot. This 30YW scenario probably reflects that to some degree.

Don't worry, I know about the capability of the Swedish army in this period . I was just curious as to whether in the AAR they had a significant tech advantage by this point.

Oh, I am not worried at all. I was just pointing out that yes, the Swedes probably have a land tech advantage in this scenario. (Sapura's comment seems to support that.) :)