• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Wolfox said:
I'd also like to know more about this issue from Gamer's Gate/Paradox. No responses yet?

Our original policy has been that the game should be able to be activated 3 times; we have also discussed with people from time to time if they wanted to activated the game more times. Overall I think this is a fair solution; the e-license system (which we have evaluated as well) forces you to de-active the game to get new activations. From our end we have chosen a certain number of activations and a close customer contact through our support-system instead.

We constantly evaluate our systems and we are happy to hear your further feedback on this. We do our best to continue improving our service.

F

Last edited:
barleyman said:
And here I thought the gamersgate activation count was supposed to reset over time so you are not shafted if you want to go back to some old game after years (like, ahem, combat mission!)

That's our overall idea, yes. It has to be handled manually at the moment though.

F

KAding said:
This really should be written down somewhere before you buy it! In fact, this is in clear contradiction with the gamersgate help page which states:

So this is false? I find this very unprofessional. I explicitly checked the gamersgate and battlefront websites on the rules concerning installation. I chose gamersgate because I had good experiences with it in the past and because it's system was less restrictive. And now it appears the explanation on gamersgate was deceptive and incorrect.

I use my computers professionally and for private use and frequently reinstall the OS'es. Heck, I probably already installed EU3 like 8 times on different computers since it was released in January :). I'm very displeased that I will have to ask paradox for permission through email to install my game sometime in the future. I'm most angry though about the fact that I was deceived by information on the gamersgate site!

I will need to check this in detail with parts of the tech team that is currently out of the office. Our overall idea is to have professional and correct information on the site. I will make sure to look into this further.

F

Madtrack said:
Any updates on this ? I just bought trough gamersgate and got the activations left: 4 too, it should have been mentionned I think

Wish I had found this thread earlier, had I known this I wouldn't have purchased, especially since it uses starforce (now I will have to remove it from my system all over again)

I liked Gamersgate for it's transparent copy protection system (not annoying for the customer), but if it starts to install starforce with it's new games ...

We will remove the activations and give you the opportunity to download it as many times as you want to your computer. This will not be done immediately, but some time in the future.

F