• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Showing developer posts only. Show all posts in this thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, legal activities are NOT more expensive in real life, but in the game, some are. That makes no sense. And while we reached a draw at the illegal stuff, at the legal stuff the mechanic makes zero sense. So on the whole, it makes sense in 25% of the cases, while making sense on a fundamental level would be 100%. 25%, that's not a lot of sense.

If you're a rich king people expect you to throw a better feast than a poor count. Same for tourneys, fairs etc. So it costs more. As for pressing claims, in a rich realm people expect higher bribes because everyone's income is higher, so again it costs more. Think about it: If you make £20,000 a year you might be willing to risk your job for a £50,000 bribe, but if you make £2,000,000/year you'd laugh that offer out of the room.

Seems reasonable to me.

Or, if you don't accept that: Game balance.

Higher cost for a powerful/rich character is purely game balance, nothing else. And I know for I coded it.

But I can choose "Amass Wealth" (500 gold) with a monthly income of 140+ ;)

And? You completing that ambition isn't very game breaking. But that the strongest and richest characters in the game (who often also have the best Chancellors - which is also why the fabricate claim event doesn't trigger more often for skills above 13) should be able to mass produce claims at no cost is. With "coding it" I meant that particular event, not some sort of system to scale costs generally in the game.

So I learn two things today, that it's not a big deal if I misclick and accidentally fabricate claims on my own realm, especially if I happen to want that county added to my demesne, but it's gonna get very expensive as my income grows, so even Brugges with its seven holdings might not be worth using a chancellor on later in the game. Thanks guys!
edit - And don't call me "You people". That's racist where I come from.

I need to check the actual event but I'm not sure that you can fabricate a claim n someone that has you as his liege.

Status
Not open for further replies.