• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(7078)

wannabe american
Dec 31, 2001
From the pen of Lord Skillicorn Supreme advisor to the king of England

I remember it as if it was yesterday, 40 years ago i was a 25 year old eager , enthusiastic and determind to serve my country . I was already supreme advisor to our noble king when my first test arrived

In 1450 England having suffered a depression was a neutral country. It had just 6 warships 4 of which based in Wessex and 15,000 troops located in the marches with 3,000 troops in ulster.

I was on good terms with the franco-spanish alliance as it was then. the 2 superpowers of France and Spain combined with Savoy and the Paltinat. Spain and France had been Expanding in North Africa taking parts of the mameluks empire at the same time as Turkey. Turkey were furious that the allies should impose themselves on what the turks considered to be thier land. They started preparing for war and in 1453 declared war. Spain , France and Savoy crammed thier Transport ships with troops. 15,000 french troops went to lands near persia under turkish control. 30,000 spanish troops landed in thier province of Alexandria and 10,000 savoyian troops landed in Albania while 7,000 landed in our province of Tunisia to support the other troops. While the allied leaders expected quick and easy victory i on the other hand was able to sit back and watch with interest. having been told that 100,000 troops were going to land in the french part of algeria and fighting the spanish head on in egypt with 50,000 men. I was alarmed but my warnings went to deaf ears . And within 48 hours of my warning Turkey and Crimea invaded Egypt and within a matter of hours spanish troops were forced to retreat to tripoli with just 3,000 of the initail army surviving.

Over the next couple of months French troops were completely abolished in the area and savoyian and spanish troops were pushed back into morroco. French and Spanish navys began evacuating the troops . 25,000 spanish and savoyian troops were left to protect the remaining provinces. This had become a national crisis in Spain while France introduced Conscription.

Next: A rude awakening for the Turkish in Albania and the British get more invloved

1454 And having been able to digest its victory in north africa Turkey wanted more. they turned to thier old enemy Venice. Declaration of war rang through the streets of London. I knew we had to do something by this point i had a strong army. People actualy wanted to fight for us . France and Spain accepted us into the alliance and 60,000 English troops boarded french transport ships and set sail for Crete. Our troops got thier easily and plans were drawn up for an invasion. Turkey was having its own problems in venice. They underestimated thier power. Along with Austrian and Polish Troops they had massacred over 100,000 turkish troops and were pushing them back. Using Crete as a base 55,000 Allied troops invaded the Algiers 25,000 troops invaded tripoli from Tunisia because of the problems with venice just 50,000 turkish troops were defending the entire occupied provinces. My Generals reported to me after 2 days that resistance was more than expected and that we should pull out now. I simply told him that our beloved nation would not stand by and watch these people take our lands. After a week it was decided that we should abandon these plans . By this point Turkish troops had taken tunisia 50,000 troops went back to crete. New plans were drawn up. It was very complex , First the spanish warships would destroy the turkish resistance heading towards the european mainland then savoyan , english ,french , spanish and austrian troops would attack albania this plan had to work . would invasion of the mainland convince turkey it could not win?

Next: Operation Freedom

chapter 3 - operation freedom

I was asleep. The first time i had slept properley in nearly a week from my home in crete. I was awoken at 7 by my Father . Boy i have news, the invasion has begun.

At this point i jumped out of bed and got some clothes on. By the time i got to the port just 1,000 troops (savoyian i think) were still there. Reports back showed evrything was going well and that 20,000 additional Spanish troops were going to land in Venice to drive back the turks. Was this war finnaly going our way? My home in Crete overlooks the port and watched as more and more troops set sail for the mainland. Then Disatser struck.

Luckily 5,000 English Troops had arrived but then i saw some of the peasents shouting. The Turks were invading. I saw possibly 50,000 Turkish troops invading compared to the 5,000 English , 3,000 savoyian and 6,000 French troops currently stationed here. Panic had settled in. The Turks were having problems landing though . High tides and Spanish Warships were causing problems for them. By nightfall the Savoyian's had deployed 10,000 troops set to arrive in a couple of weeks. By the morning 20,000 turkish troops had come ashore but only 7,000 troops remained. The allies had won . The remaining Turkish troops were taken prisoners and the troops set sail for Venice. Albania was now under control. I had a meeting with the Diplomats from all the other nations and we agreed on one thing. Albania was going to be given its freedom along with any other captured Turkish States

next: invasion of north africa and peace

Re: chapter 3 - operation freedom

Originally posted by pds
I was asleep. The first time i had slept properley in nearly a week from my home in crete. I was awoken at 7 by my Father . Boy i have news, the invasion has begun.

At this point i jumped out of bed and got some clothes on. By the time i got to the port just 1,000 troops (savoyian i think) were still there. Reports back showed evrything was going well and that 20,000 additional Spanish troops were going to land in Venice to drive back the turks. Was this war finnaly going our way? My home in Crete overlooks the port and watched as more and more troops set sail for the mainland. Then Disatser struck.

Luckily 5,000 English Troops had arrived but then i saw some of the peasents shouting. The Turks were invading. I saw possibly 50,000 Turkish troops invading compared to the 5,000 English , 3,000 savoyian and 6,000 French troops currently stationed here. Panic had settled in. The Turks were having problems landing though . High tides and Spanish Warships were causing problems for them. By nightfall the Savoyian's had deployed 10,000 troops set to arrive in a couple of weeks. By the morning 20,000 turkish troops had come ashore but only 7,000 troops remained. The allies had won . The remaining Turkish troops were taken prisoners and the troops set sail for Venice. Albania was now under control. I had a meeting with the Diplomats from all the other nations and we agreed on one thing. Albania was going to be given its freedom along with any other captured Turkish States

next: invasion of north africa and peace

It is certainly more enjoyable this way.;) Keep it comming:D

surrender

6 months had gone by and i was taking a well earned break in Nice. On my way back to Crete which had seemed to be my home for a year or so i was summond to the captured province of kosovo. in Africa the allies had pushed the Turks back to Lebanon and on the mainland Spanish troops were heading for the capital . Turkey surrendered agreeing to 1000 ducats to the allies and the independance of illyria , kosovo , albania and croatia. illyria became part of venice again while kosovo became a vassal of France , Albania became a vassal of Spain and Croatia became a vassal of our fair land. Everything seemed to be fine . The post ar years saw minimal conflicts. We expanded in Europe invading colonge and kleves. France invaded Persia for some reason and Spain fought a war against Granada.

Next in Chapter 5 : The alliance is split

allies are split

The years past . 1458 and i was summond to a meeting in Paris between the members of our alliance. These happened when countries believed military action was needed.

In Central Europe Brandenburg was expanding , Dangerously threatening French land in the former Paltinat and Spanish lands in Spanish Holland . The alliance met to discuss military action. By this point the members of our alliance were

Spain
France
England
Portugal
Poland Lithuania
Mameluks
Savoy
Colonge
Hessen

Spain wanted to rage a war against the Germans but France wanted to Trade embargo the Germans and actions of less direct action . For Frances fighting forces was only 25,000 men spread over all french provinces and most of the fighting was sure to be fought in France.

After 3 days of talks members voted on action

For
Spain
Poland Lithuania
Colonge
Hessen
Portugal

Against
France
England
Savoy
Mameluks

The alliance was split and a bitter war of words was just around the corner

That's a great start.
I want to write an AAR also but i don't have EU2 yet so.