• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Inner Circle

----Darkest Hour Team---- ✪ ☭ ✠
93 Badges
May 26, 2007
  • Penumbra - Black Plague
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Legio
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2
  • March of the Eagles
  • For The Glory
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Rome Gold
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Hearts of Iron II: Armageddon
  • Cities in Motion
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Hearts of Iron Anthology
  • Darkest Hour
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
Haha! Fooled ya :D :p

Enjoy the first Screenshot from Darkest Hour: A Hearts of Iron Game

13.png

Let the comments Roll! ;)

Errr, what's that big island in the southern mediterranean? :eek:

EDIT: ah ok, it's a zoomed-in Malta :D

Is it just me or the number of provinces has increased? It's hard to tell because of different colours.

What is the last button in the left-top corner of the screen? Is it used for mobilisation?

"Our policy can be changed" - sliders or HOI3-style laws?

Last edited:
Is it just me or the number of provinces has increased? It's hard to tell because of different colours.

What is the last button in the right-top corner of the screen? Is it used for mobilisation?

"Our policy can be changed" - sliders or HOI3-style laws?
+1
What is that?

Hey, a proper map for Brazil! :D Should have a few more provinces on the coast, still missing Fernando de Noronha island off the northeastern coast... But way better than the HoI2 or HoI3 map! :)
And look at Africa! You even added Swaziland and Lesotho! The Caprivi Strip now looks like a thin strip!

Looking forward for more screenshots. :D

How are you planning to recreate the trench warfare on the western front during ww1, And still being able to have a more mobile east front etc? Plus i hope Gallipoli will be a zoomed province so there is a possibility for the historic battle that took place there!

This is just awesome! I really, really hoped we'd get some more HOI2-engine games, and voila! This game you guys are making seems extremely promising, I'm sure that the "innovative AI" and "dynamic diplomatic system" bits made every fan positively giddy. How long has this been in development? Can we expect to see some development diaries? The questions aside, the map look stunning and OH MY GOD IT HAS WWI! I LOVE YOU PEOPLE. And it'll be available by the end of 2010? This is the best early Christmas gift I could've thought of, thanks.

Pervertedly beautiful.

Looking good and waiting eagerly for more shots. :)
I'll just hope that it runs well. I mean, that's pretty long time for HoI 2 speeds to play that many years and too long time for AoD and HoI 3 speeds.. I think that's pretty important. Graphics can be great and all but it's hard to enjoy them if map and interface don't work smoothly.

Looking good and waiting eagerly for more shots. :)
I'll just hope that it runs well. I mean, that's pretty long time for HoI 2 speeds to play that many years and too long time for AoD and HoI 3 speeds.. I think that's pretty important. Graphics can be great and all but it's hard to enjoy them if map and interface don't work smoothly.

They do, I promise.