• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(172016)

Corporal
Oct 8, 2009
CCCP AAR 1936 "The Dream"
[USSR GC, 36' , non-historical, 1.3 vanila, to preven stacks i delete chanell islands conection, and put base stack limit to -0.00]​

moskva.jpg

Kremlin, 1.1.1936 06:04h
Tatiana is nervously rushing through small kitchen in a basement of Kremlin, usually visited only by drivers or construction and maintenance workers, accidentally hit small metal pot witch fall to marble flor making sound loud enough to woke up entire building...
"Not good, this is not good,she thought, this will end in blood"...
Comrade S. personal Driver Nikola just woke up with heavy headache : What is now Tatiana? There is no enough dishes in main kitchen? Some coffee will be nice since you’re already here...
Tatiana: I need to find it, it must be somewere here ...
Nikola: What is so important now , is comrade had too much vodka last night ?! quietly, like for himself: like that is possible ...
Tatiana: it is much worse than that, i found him 10 minutes ago, having nightmares, yelling in sleep ...something like : "no one is with us! ...damn imperialists... ".
All charts and maps were scraped around him, but he held this one in his hands ...and ..then he said something strange…"we will see who will laugh on end".

dipl1.jpg

Nikola: Even I know that we have too little support in world but who care… we can make bullet for every one of them if needed, how come that can affect an old man?
Tatiana: Last night, there was some english "gentleman" at a party , he poke him whole night that all world is against him and he claim he can count more countries that are against comintern than Comrade can do pushups.
He lost, but just because Stalin can do allot pushup even drunk to the bone.
My opinion is that the “gentleman” will not survive day ahead but I’m afraid that many others are in danger.
He ask to see minister of intelligence INSTANTLY... poor minister,he is late 5 minutes already ...ahh here it is ..unboiled cow milk with some sugar, I hope it will save some heads today...
Nikola: Hmmm… if he want to go somewhere he still needs me… so, mine head will be fine for now. So, I gues there’s no coffee for me Tatiana?
I can go to sleep just a little more…haved some nice dreams before you woke me up.. Then he added something quietly for himself: sweet almost like you....

1 hour later

pol1.jpg

G.Yagoda was pushed inside room , doors are closed and after 2 hours of sleep and 30 mins of rush he is probably thinking that he is kidnapped for some ransom monie until he heard THE voice:

S: I DO NOT KNOW ALL I NEED TO KNOW, DO YOU HEAR ME!!!
I NEED MORE DATA! I WHANT TO KNOW EVERYTHING I CAN ABOUT EVERY DAMN COUNTRY OF THE WORLD, EVEN IF IT’S SMALL AS MINE COURTYARD.
G.Yagoda: I understand! Most information's about other countries was sent to foreign minister comrade Maksi...
S: DO I ASK WHAT WAS HAPPENED BEFORE?
G.Yagoda: I understand comrade Stalin, it will be done.
S: One more thing… I want to know every man who serve for rodina, every officer, every police chief, every large factory manager , every one... I want to know who they are, their families, their children names, everything!
G.Yagoda: I understand! May I ask why?
S [having a nice image in his mind of G.Yagoda under firing squad asking the same question, if only he could find someone to replace him]: NO.
This room is from now on known as President intelligence office.
You will send me one young great student from Military intelligence to organize information's that I recieve from you.
Tatiana will help him to accommodate here.
First thing we’ll do is to recheck every single spy we have in this country! And not just in our contry! I want files from those abroad, plus all current candidates.
That is all for now, we’re starting tomorrow at 6h!

tech1.jpg

G.Yagoda: Understud, comrade Stalin!

int1.jpg

Last edited:
A Soviet AAR! Great, I'll be watching. Good luck!

thx, it is mine first AAR and i m already in 39' in game so i will try to catch up but still whant to keep IC writing style
PS i hope alot images do not spoil thing.

"The Kitchen"

Kremlin, Comrade Stalin personal office (unofficialy called "кухня" – The Kitchen) , 2.1.1936 7:00

Ltn Ivan 'Gvozden' Grozdny : Ltn Grozdny report on duty !
S [reading cadet’s file] : So… 22 years, and still decent field work…
How long do you work for NKVD?
Ltn Gvozden: 3 years of school and training plus 3 years on field, most of it on far east, Comrade Stalin.
S: And you think that you are up for this task?
Ltn Gvozden: YES I AM!
S: And what is task?
Ltn Gvozden: Whatever Rodina ask. [quietly] through comrade’s mouth, offcourse...
S[partially hearing mumbling but pretending he heard nothing]: Ok. Here is your task and i will give you one more chance to get out of this.
From files I can see that you are pretty successful in field work but here you can ecspect more analytics on start.
After this is wictory or death?
Ltn Gvozden: Did anyone at my position ever decided to step down? I AM READY FOR MY DUTY!
S: Ok here it is, you will make small team, less than 5 people and i am strongly suggesting you to select your friends from field or school.
If you ever need technical support, university is not far away from here. Your job is to analyze huge quantity of data you receive about our great country and your team will suggest the future actions to ME and ME only!
You will not have any other contacts to other structure of the party, understand?
Ltn Gvozden: Understand.[with much less enthusiasm in answer]
S: I expect first report in 7 days! Do not lose fighting spirit solider!
Gathering informations is always just the first step to the battle !
Ltn Gvozden: Understand.

In the morning, 9th of january 1936 Stalin found small file on his work table.

From STIA (Special Team for Investigation and Analyze)
09.01.1936 g.

I KITCHEN REPORT

Following orders STIA was filled up with 2 new members:
- Misha 'Mali' Ivanov, numerical genius - there is no number too big for him ( prim.Gvozden). He is pulled from Novosibirsk Math institute where he was working as an assistant in mathematical cathedra.
- Igor 'Shilo' Bruzdov, the street thief (he is friend of mine, from childhood, and if anyone I can trust here he is the person to be trusted. Needless to say, if you ever want to know what people think about anything just ask him - prim.Gvozden)
Team is completed for now, an our first observations show’s next:
- Our people is losing faith in revolution - short term solution - fresh blood in diplomacy will give fastest results.
- From Mali: Doesn’t matter what are future goals for Rodina but our economic situation is bad. Luckily, we have huge exceeds of raw materials, so fist suggestion is to sell as much as we can and buy supplies whitch will free our industry to produce more new weapons, or to expand our industry potentials. Changing armament minister, beside that he’s done good job, will give aditional bust to our supply production and it will further help relaxing out our heavy industry - the heart of our economy!
To define our research and building priorities for future we need some information about goals and time frame.
Comrade S is smiling. Look’s like he’s made great decision when he give that job to a kid. Now he can only hope that kid can handle everything that will be on his back.

pol2.jpg

24.01.1936 Report from newly appointed minister of foreign affairs:
Molotov: As it was ordered Comrade, we are going to capitalistic open market. Not a single country denied any suggested proposal… our stock of raw materials is pretty interesting for them:

trade1.jpg

trade3.jpg

trade2.jpg

Comrade S personal notes:

27.01.36'

- internal reorganization of NKVD is starting to give some results and mine perception of intelligence is now almost total

int2.jpg

- after successful reorganization of intelligence we can now deploy our research teams to they primary jobs

side note * Dont forget to talk to Шеф-повар (chief of kitchen*)

stalinCar.jpg

31.01.1939, village Petrova, near Moscow

Nikola is just parked Comrade’s car outside small village house. He was never been here. Comrade is walking together with some young officer through a small park, now is the right time for a smoke.
There is something strange about officer. He’s not showing any approval or disapproval being in Comrade’s company, with his face like ice , he must be some NKVD guy.
Nikola started to imagine what will look like playing poker with him...

S[when they walked far away] : So it is time that you hear what is this all about...

Ltn Gvozden: Listening…

S: I’m planning to bring revolution to the rest of world. Mostly with force, because peacefull work is not giving any results after 15 years. We even loosing our own country! The power of capital is stronger than power of the idea for now, is it?

Ltn Gvozden [he heard first part of sentence, and after Comrade said "mostly with force" he sow in his mind, the sun is rising over Don and thousands of Tanks and Cannons with red flags are all over it, then NKVD training takes place. Maybe he just imagine all this, maybe they just talking about some new paper work, but he needed to check] : World? ( trying to hide surprise)

S: YES WORLD! Is that too much for you, Solider?

Ltn Gvozden [ahh, Comrade is just growed meter or two in his eyes, he is now tall like a tree. Ltn brain started to work sviftly - ok i will not blow up this chance] :
NO sir! I’ve just planned to ask, why did we wait so long?

S: Hahaha, that is what i call pull up in the last moment.
Yes, the World! Until there is a single island with one capitalist on it he will still have power to buy mine professors, workers, officers and make troubles to revolution!
I will not spend my entire life so that some fat lazy, money hungry son of whoever destroys it...this time i will strike first, and hard!

Ltn Gvozden [already calculating what he need, quietly talking not aware of Comrade] : Shilo will kiss my feets when he hear this one, but Mali is a reasonable man , pure numbers in that head. I’m not sure what his calculations will bee for this one..

S: You are offcourse aware that any no go from you on this matter means death! There is no time for Siberia lessons on this one.

Ltn Gvozden: Comrade, there is much more worse things than death! I will kill him in my own hands if he’s not approving the idea. But, that will be more of a loss, can i allow that to my self at this point. Kid is good with numbers and he is someone who will always give 2 time more arguments in any talk than half of an University, what will happened on the end only time know...

S: I’m glad to hear that you are committed to our goal. To me any loss is acceptable if it will lead to our final victory, guess we’re not learned in same NKVD schools..anyway you will now start to get more secret information's and I hope that I will get some new reports from kitchen fast... I’m already taking heavy control over intelligence and now we can start our first plan...
Offcourse all meals from the KITCHEN team is going through me and from me to others. I’m aware that my reputation is not too high, even you have some doubts about me, but I still have the biggest bat in this country and I’m really not expecting any disobidiance.

Ltn Gvozden: I need to be completely honest. When i came to office month before I thought it is just one more kill and i was pretty much sure after job is done that I will end mine carrier too...

S: heh, you are too wise for some field agent. Is there something else about you whitch i can't find in files?

Ltn Gvozden: If it’s not in the files…it didn’t happened. Comrade I’m thinking…it will help us allot to have info about time frame we’re starting to prepare this meal?

S: I will tell you a story… When I was young, a little younger than you now, old gipsy looked at my hand and said that I will spend, all my life, fighting battles with wiser people than myself and that everything I get will be for my raw strength, not brain. As you may guess, I’m not a type of guy who believe in gipsy mambo-jambo but to this point she was right.
You are my chance to prove to myself that this was just guipsy mambo-jambo, so be wise, cold, calculated and do your job. When need arise’s for muscles I will wait for my moment !

Ltn Gvozden: I will do my best.

S: i like your reports , short and precise hope i will get more soon.

Ltn Gvozden: I’m already on it! I think it’s time to move, looks like Nikola is out of smokes.

S: heh, our drive back will be bumpy,that is sure.

Nice touch, your conversations between S and Lieutenant Gvozden bring out more to the AAR. ;)

Can't wait for more and to see where you go from here!

The kitchen, 02.02.1936, 09h

Ltn Gvozden is just enter kitchen, move strait to comrade Mali, which look like sleeping on pile of files.

Ltn Gvozden: How is going...

Mali: if i was to say terrible that will be too optimistic

Ltn Gvozden: just want to inform you that main goal is to take world.

Mali: World , hehe funny one , anyway let me show our industry situation...

Ltn Gvozden: NO, really we are going to take whole world on force

Mali: Ok listen it was not funny first time and now is even worse, maybe mine sense of humor is weaken from all this sad numbers around me.

Ltn Gvozden: WE ARE GOING TO TAKE WORLD CAN YOU UNDARSTAND ME!

Mali: world o common Gvozden i know you like to fantasy some time but what ever calculation i make we will starve to death, and you want world?

Ltn Gvozden: is't that make thing more challenging for you?

Mali: world, come here look this damn chart , see that 1 flag in left corner that is we and even damn communists in china ruining from us and look rest of world, do you really thing that is possible?

dipl1.jpg

Ltn Gvozden: First i m not thinking about details, i have you for that, second i feel it is right thing to do, and it is not matter shall we success, it is matter i do best try and you WILL help me in that.

Mali: have any of you heavy vodka users have idea about what odds we talking here, from mine head, with just 5 bigger opponents our industrial output(IC) is something 1:5 and counting rest of world that will be 1:10+ are you insane!

Ltn Gvozden: now tel me what was odds of successful revolution in Rodina at middle of world war 1?

Mali: Ye that was barely possible too, but still there was couple of years when revolution not been take serious, and imperialists was busy in fight between they self, tbh without WW1 I guess revolution will be down in first year.

Ltn Gvozden: but it is still done , and here we have chance to do it again, against all odds , so make situation which will benefit us, then start fight , we choose place and time, that must count for something.

Mali: heh you will really drown me into this, and i was think i m wise guy here, huh..

Ltn Gvozden: fine now you can start your main job

Mali: I can tell you one thing right now, without looking any paper or anything, we need more Heavy industry allot more , that much more we can right now stop everything else we doing and start build factories..more, more ...at last we are lucky we have raw materials enough for huge industry expand, and we not need money laws to build them, whenever you see some raw material make a factory, not 1 but 10 .

Ltn Gvozden: good you start making plans for it

Mali: maybe it will be wise to redeploys new factories not just by proximity of materials but need for outputs too, our country is large and it will be faster to have output close to place we need it..

Ltn Gvozden: You do math I will do field work just say where and what..

From STIA

II KITCHEN REPORT

Staff of kitchen is informed about contest of new meal and work is started.

Heavy industrialization of country is on way, all other production is stopped, we trying to upgrade weapons for some army units but so far we upgrading less than 10% of what we need.

prod1.jpg

Shilo is send to visit and inspect , discreetly – as STAVKA administration inspector, all Military formations and commands.

We trying to organize discussions with aviation commanders, and navy admirals about future development of they forces. For matter of better organization, training new units and deploying new equipment our aviation generals decide to create one united command for all aviation units, and we are now in process of creating VVS(Voyenno-Vozdushnye Sily) HQ in Moscow.
Similar thing happened with our navy, they make UMS (Upravlenie Morskih Sil) HQ but they still can’t agree where HQ will be placed, so it is forming in Moscow until decision was make.

Our land commanders think we have good infantry but they complain for some support units, at this point we researching new artillery weapons for them.

Think having more info about other major players will give us more ideas about future development directions.

PS thx, after this intro post's i will from now move faster in game time line

I would say that Lt. Gvozden is a very ambitious man, perhaps too ambitious!? :p

From STIA

6 Month PROGRESS REPORT​

February, Team assembled, goals understood.

February-Mart all production capacities are committed to industrial expansion of our country, we have started 10 year’s plan of expansion by at least 10 new factories per year. Calculated accumulation of resources and IC in this process is planed to produce effect of shorting total time of expansion to 7 years and year cost in IC will be 10% less every year.
In short, job will be done in 7-7.5 years with cost of 35-40% IC less than we planed.

After filling internal needs of intelligence officers all research teams are deployed to appointed tasks with priority in Industrial researches. Our navy command still doesn’t decide what ship class will be the bone of our navy in future, so our research is going in 3 different directions, slowing our progress.
Mali is demanding decision where to focus our resources in navy research.

Infantry and artillery researches are doing well, comparing to other major players.

Aviation force is on level of other major aviation's so we’re committing researches to some auxiliaries and trying to get breakthrough in large 4 engine airplanes.

Mart-May Shilo ended global army inspection and short-term plan of reorganization for land forces are created.

7. May, Poor African country Ethiopia is surrended to Italy, and now it is part of they country, which make Italy big player in Africa with 3 colonies, 1 in north and 2 on east of continent now connected through mainland of former Ethiopia.

egipt1.jpg

Our aviation institutes are doing fine job, in June they invented new type of engines and weapons for air war.

tach3.jpg

In June after routine flight to Mikoyan-Gurevich Institute Shilo found that research are temporary stopped because lack of people. Most of important employees are on holiday, sick or just not showing on workplace anymore?!? This coincidence was strange so he reported it to Mali. After 2 day analysis of data from different facilities we found most of our research's are slowed for at last 6% of they common speed. We got confirmation from NKVD that our research teams are disrupted by some foreign intelligence force so this will be your field of interest, comrade.

Dispute spies, no doubt imperial spies, disruptions also in June, we completed research in industry and production efficiency, which will give results in our IC output immediately . That grow allowed us to start producing 3 artillery brigade units for infantry support demand by our land commanders.

prod2.jpg

Our navy engineers developed new way of using ship as air platforms, but because of totall disorientation in UMS HQ they switched now to research Heavy Crusader Engines at same time we researching some submarine and destroyer technologies, this MUST STOP. He who tries to have everything will have nothing, and if our navy commanders do not understand that, someone needs to explain them.

Letter from Comrade S. to his favorite Chief G.

Your friend Shilo sure have nose for right thing, after tip we follow couple of workers from institute and look what we find out:

int3.jpg

We got 10 spy's ALL 10 from UK, damn $@##$$#...!!!
Do those people have anything better to do with they money than constantly harassing ME!??!
Anyway, swift action is taken and until 6. July all persons connected to the affaire get what they deserve.
We leave one to flee the country, luckily that not affected our morale on universities too much.
Great job for reformed NKVD[Народный Комиссариат Внутренних Дел], my confidence in our intelligence is growing every day. And just to assure you, we are not forgeted from where they come, UK just became TOP priority for GUGB (Главное управление государственной безопасности), poor them.

We need less to have more

26.07.1936 10:00h

The kitchen, appointed meeting , present at the meeting: Comrade S., Lth.Gvozden, Misha 'Mali'

S: It must be something really important when you insist on this personal meeting?

Ltn G: Some things is hard to understand on paper, and when they look unreasoned in first, man can decide to stop reading before end of the document.

S: so I’m here… listening

Ltn G: we need to disband 30-40 divisions right now.

S[this time comrade is one with open mouth]: a?

Ltn G: to make equilibrium between our research and production we need to disband at last 100 BDEs Right now, today or tomorrow not in year or two or any long period.

S: help me understand comrade… I gave you the goal to fight whole world and you say a way to do that is to disband 25% of our army?

Mali: Let me try to explain you. Our waste army is currently equipped with old revolution weapons and we are in the process of reequipping it with new one but that process is slower than trend of finding new weapons in our institutes. So in 3 years we will have 500 bad equiuped Brigades, or 500 fresh new equipped, your choose ?

S: as u explained to me, second solution is for sure better chosen but why we need to disband 100 Brigades to get that one?

M: Look at charts

- current situation

prod3.jpg

- projections after job done :

prod4.jpg

Now to explain it to you comrade Stalin…
IC we can commit, at this point and for next 2 years, for Upgrades are now enough for 10% of our forces, with current research trend we can expect new weapon in next 6 months or less.
At that time we will not succeed to upgrade 91% of our forces which will leave us with more units to upgrade than what we have now(10% upgrades on way and 100% upgrades for new weapons), which will lead to less than 10% upgrades totally for that year.
If we follow this trend, in 3-4 years we will be capable to upgrade only 5% of our units and half of them will skip 1 upgrading circle already...

But if we do as we project then we are capable to upgrade 20% of units and with that percent we think all units will be upgraded in 6 months so when new weapons come we can start new upgrade circle. The first total upgrade circle will not be 100% in first year but it will be for sure more than 80%. I calculate more than 90%(optimistic method), so when new weapons come we instantly starting 10% of new weapon upgrades and 10% will stay for upgrades ongoing at that point.
Now if we calculate that we need less supplies because of the missing 100 Brigades and our industry expansion which is now already 10+IC per year with little more IC on upgrading we will have all 100% of units upgraded on time in one circle. And now you ask, how 500?
That will be granted trough IC expansion, every new unit will be built with new weapons and skipping 1 upgrade circle for that unit will fit into this grand plan.
So if we start to build 5 div first year, 10 second and 15 in third year in 3 years we will have 100 new Brigades, and all 500 BDEs will be with new weapons!

S: damn this really sound reasonable. Listening to you i was*getting an idea that you’re maybe some imperialistic spy and sow you somewhere far in Siberia...

Mali(smiling): Siberia have nice places too.

S: heh but there is still one problem. I will be short for 100 Brigades for 2 or three years!

Ltn G [speaking from behind]: and 10 old Submarine flotillas

S: ..and 10 old submarine flotillas. Doesn’t this an open invitation for aggression?
German power is growing every day, and imperialist spies are practically sleeping in our beds.
They can see that as our weakness and attack us before we are ready?

Ltn G: I thought about that …

- 1st most of disbanded units are in Strateske Reserve Front (2 whole armies) and they are deep in our territory. I think potential enemy do not have precise data about this units and their numbers.
- 2nd last Reserve Army (6ya Armyia) will be priority for upgrades and refill and we will use it aggressivly on maneuvers in different country regions trying to trick enemy to believe it is 3 armies, not one. We already found a great capable Offensive officer Timoshenko to command this army. 6th Armiya is very mobile unit with 3 Mechanized, 1 Cavalry and 1 inf-Mountain Corps. Those units will do training/maneuvers simultaneously in 3 different state regions, with simple solider's not having information which army they belong, but just corps.
- 3rd we suggest sending submarine fleet from Leningrad to Murmarsk and vice versa to make fuzz in enemies count.​

amry1.jpg

S: I’m not sure your game with army will confuse the enemy spy's, but even if they find out we disband some units they not have strength to attack. Even any combination of 2 enemies will be doable. We can still expect problems from bigger alliances but look’s like Germany is going on their own way and i think that can't happend in next 2 years. So Mali i will have all units fit in two years?
Mali: 2.5-3 years to be exactly precise!
S: I’m counting on your word, then! The plan will be executed tomorrow, it is better to do it fast, before someone finds out what’s cooking in this kitchen.
S[On doorway]: Tatiana, I will need allot of melted sugar and milk tomorrow! [mumbling] and even more vodka right now...

Last edited:
food, drink, smoke whatever is need for global revolution and hedonistic pleasure :)

From STIA

II 6 Month PROGRESS REPORT​

July - August large number of disbanded brigades create some turbulence in army but nothing to worry us too much. Master plan is active and recalculate numbers give even more hope for optimism.

September , we get report from GUGB, they successfully deploy large spy network in UK and from now starting aggressive activities against enemy!

int4.jpg

As Mali predicted in September, even with 20+% upgrade rate, we are menage to build 3 artillery brigade and 2 inf BDE which is equivalent of 1.5 Division.

prod5.jpg

In October German diplomacy become more aggressive.At start of month they push Hungary to Axis, then couple of days later Japan too.

In November our scientist find way to improve our IC efficiencies for 2.5% which allow as to start building 1st completely new Interceptor unit of Polikarpov I-16. We also building 3 Artillery BDEs and our Upgrade percent jump to 25% now. On other side Italy joined Axis, no matter we are main publicly proclaim target of Axis we have indications think they have other intentions too.

polikarpov-i-16-02.jpg

December, our Naval engineers produce new Cruiser engine , but there is still no long term plan for navy, for now we decide to put everything on destroyers any of future main development paths, and there is three in option : Heavy Crusaders, or Battle Crusaders, or Carriers, will need support of destroyers. We stop all research in field of submarines, simply not have enough leadership for everything.

To recapitulate this year was hard , but we think two main decisions to go for full industry expansion a shorting army for 25% are good, and it will start to give visible results next year.

Some quiet voice behind Ltn Gvozden say "Follow me!" , there was something in that voice which make him turn around and move without question, even before he recognize Shilo is one who pull him to side hall. They pass around STIA office, from side he never pass before, then take stair down to little side kitchen in basement. After door close Shilo push table to block passage. Room is unusually dark, two small windows are covered with blankets. Tatiana is making something on little stove in corner, and Mali is hold his head with both hands.

Mali: Damn why do you hit me Shilo and why is so dark here, it's half of day , m i loosing sight?!

Shilo: because you do not know when to be quiet, there was two guards behind office door and you start to ask too much questions, and your sight is fine i'm make barricade in room, now i know this is mouse trap but it is best i can do in such little time. When Tatiana cook us some of Nikola's brandy we will have little time to discus about next steps.

Ltn Gvozden: So i guess we somehow got on bad side of Comrade?

Shilo: Let me explain, i m not sure are we targets but from last night NKVD, or better to say NKGB as part of NKVD under direct control of old man with mustaches, is been insane active last night. In last 12 hours they are all over places, people is despairing, Yagoda is missing and couple of more ministers are just gone, do not forget to mention some officers are already shoot as traitors.

Shilo is just bring big coupe of cooked brandy to Ltn Gvozden and whisper on his ear : "i m not sure how Tatiana always get to right place on right time".

Ltn Gvozden[ignoring whisper]: So comrade paranoia start to work, do we have any plan?

Shilo: for now we are safe here, guards still think me and Mali are in office, but that can be change any moment, here we can do little fight [showing gun under belt and couple of hunting rifles in closet] but that plan will sure end on graveyard.

Mali[for himself]: And he make me believe i can be a part of biggest cook feast on world, damn i will one day need to start to believe in mine self...

Ltn Gvozden: As i see situation we need to go directly to comrade, try to run is not something i live for and sitting here will just put as to top of traitors list if we are on it at all. But do you know where he is now?

Shilo: No idea, last night he go to rest like every night and after that no info's, but i m sure he is not in his room, no guards there and we missing Nikola...

Tatiana: Nikola was really unhappy this morning mumbling something how his Sonia, he like to give names to stuff - Sonia is car, not made for bumpy village roads, and how old man not respect her...

Ltn Gvozden: Nice to know, [quietly] even too nice, to be true.
Anyway me and Shilo will go for ride, Mali you return to office same way you get here, Tatiana WILL make you company there.

Tatiana: There is allot to clean in that room anyway...

Mali: so i need to wait shooting squad until two of you fleeing out of country? [ when he meet mad look from Ltn's eye he feel like he weak up tornado and need to find mouse hole fast] ahhh let as move Tania, i m not for field work anyway, and in your pretty company i even can get kiss before good night, sounds much better than jumping on snow under -15C.

Shilo: i hope mine STAVKA pass will work today or we will not get far from this building.

Ltn Gvozden: let as see.

2 hours later

After long drive in Shilo's borrowed ZIS-5(truck) with allot missed leads they find village house, and seeing Sonia parked there they know comrade is here.

Ltn Gvozden: Park far, we do not want to get bullet before have chance to talk, and have second solution ready.

Shilo: Understand [putting gun on place where it will be hard to detect] .

Ltn Gvozden [moving to Nikola, which is not happy to see military truck parked here]:
Поздравь друзей, шеф-повар имае доставка в Товарищ с усы.
(Hello comrade, chief of kitchen have delivery to Comrade with mustaches)

Nikola: Wait. [He move into house]

One minute later, Shilo was just joined Ltn G. when Nikola say from door :
Enter.
When Shilo try to pass doorway after Gvozden , Nikola get in the way and say: Let as smoke one, i like those yours.

Shilo[staying outside]: Ok, but i need to say, you smoke too much that is not healthy.

Nikola: mine health is not in danger here. [moving to the car he point with head some hidden guards in fortified positions]

Ltn Gvozden: hello comrade, some people not responding mine calls today, do you know something about that?

Comrade S: You hate to use phone, if you not have that thief you will still sleep not knowing anything, and i m sure that will be better for both of us.

Ltn Gvozden: Maybe, but we still have question of missing people, allot of them as i hear...

Comrade S: First they not missing, they are reassignment to new duties... in siberia... second i m not remember that is part of your job?

Ltn Gvozden: True, but i just come to see where will be mine new office? Summer view of Ob [river deep in siberia] know to be nice, cold but beautiful, if i can chose?

Comrade S: Do not be stupid, if you was to be reassignment be sure thief will not find that faster than you or me.

Ltn Gvozden: so back to the kitchen?

Comrade S: Yea back and do your job, say hello to Shilo, and here is short list of people who fail to do they duties. You can remove them from your plans, they now have more important job's to do for Rodina, far far away ...

purge.jpg

From STIA

III PROGRESS REPORT​

January, year started with great purge which leave us with some open sits in cabinet, replacements was find fast.

pol3.jpg

February, we deploy 10 new factories all over country.

March, in combined efforts our scientist and industrial leaders developed new ways to boost industrial production and efficiency, maximizing our total IC output for another 5%.

Attachment: Economical Report - "How we catch our own tail" by Mali

prod6.jpg

You can see we start January with new upgrading circle at 46.8%(not bad but not good as i was hope). In first days of March with committed all new created ICs to upgrades, which got us to 74.3% of needed upgrades. On end of March with new efficiency boost for first time we have 100% units on upgrade. From now on all new IC will be committed to build new units and do not forget we still building one interceptor division (IAD) with completely new I-16 airplanes.​

In last days of March, fallowing plan of army renewal, inventively called FNTS "From North To South", three brand new artillery BDE support units are deployed to Finish Front.

April started good, first our scientist develop technologies to make really big planes fly, 4 engine planes. Then Artillery industry improve Carriage, Sights and ammunition, we really think we have fine potentials in artillery warfare. On April 19th our sworn enemies from UK recognize defeat in spy wars and offer us trade deal trying to fix relations. Little too late, we decline deal, GUGB will continue aggressive actions on island, switching from eliminate spy's (counter espionage) to propaganda war (threat rise) and vice versa, until last gentlemen become comrade.

trade4.jpg

5th May, Yesterday Shilo reported from Orel, he had honor to enjoy test fly of just created 3rd IAD Istrebitel'naya aviatsionnaya divisiya [Fighter Air Division].

3IAD.jpg

Today, after show in Orel, VVS command make united plan for future air force development. Small aircrafts first, medium second, large aircrafts and specialized naval aviation will be abandon for next couple of years, role of naval air power will be secure trough small and agile 1/2 engine bombers.
After this we immediately start to build our first ShAD Shturmovaya aviatsionaya diviziya [Ground-Attack Air Division]. Pushing our Industry to limits we also started to build 3 Infantry divisions(in series) for Far East Front, and 5 Artillery BDEs for FNTS plan.

02h 12, May 1937

Tatiana is just wake up comrade Stalin

S: What, are we attacked?

T: No comrade, foreign minister Molotov is on line, he insist to wake you up.

S: ahh guess some banana republic is annexed again.

Molotov: Hello comrade, first to apologize because early weaken

S: Skip that, what is it?

M: We are informed that republic Spain is fall into civil war, there is fighting all over country and...

S: Wait, Spain, that is not so urgent minister, we will discuss about it tomorrow, arrange meet with all who have something to say, if that war finish before tomorrow then it is hardly worth of our effort.

M: Understand.

13th May, 1937, Office of foreign affairs, present Molotov, Stalin, Timoshenko

Molotov: Situation report - Republic government is lost control of army and control of population too! On one side worker's are rise to fight for they rights, on other side Franco who controlling large part of army trying to stage a cup , government is decide to take side of people against Franco. They ask for foreign help because almost whole army is under Franco control and they marching to Madrid. Before two hours we got information: Germany and Italy decide to help Franco, sending him supply's and we think Germany will send troops too. Our intelligence network in Spain is weak, from information’s we have look like republicans pushing to communism they call it socialism and Franco to Fascism...

Timoshenko: I just what to add our army will really benefit of some combat experience and we have fine number of comrade's eager to fight.

S: So everyone here agrees to intervene, we will send some help in supplies -officially to show world what we think about situation, our stack is pretty fine right now. And some troops but unofficially as volunteers, it will be best to organize communist party in Spain to send invite for volunteer’s trough communistic international so we just join others in helping our brothers on they righteously fight for freedom.

Timoshenko: Understand, on way to find some volunteer's...

dipl3.jpg

thx, i think to implement AIIP mod..
but i m afraid, if i use it this far in game (i m a year ahead off AAR in game) will that mix up anything?

From STIA
30th September 1937

IV PROGRES REPORT​

May, Civil war started in Spain, Germany and Italy intervene on Nationalist side we do same for Republic, until end of May we arrange some favorite trade deals to republic Spain selling them metal and crude oil.

June, our spy's on field estimate war will be won by Franco, if we not become more active, Germany send even a medium bombers units to war. We started campaign in our country to support war in Spain, our population is still major neutral (72) and we trying to make it more war eager (lower neutrality).
At end of June we start to build a unit of heavy transport planes Lisunov Li-2 ,based on PS-84 civilian aircraft, with more capacitate and armor the new plane will be used for fast deliver of supply's or soldier’s when ever we need it.

July, started with new war, military leaders of Japan push country to war adventure in main land Asia. Look like this event cleared some hot heads in communistic China so they now try to join our alliance.
20th July upgrade circle was almost over so we get huge bonus of unused IC, we immediately start to build another ShAD unit with Sukhoi Su-2 planes, and on pleasure of UMS 2 new Destroyer flotillas (Class Gnevny[wrathful] - official "Project 7"). For Army we building first experimental full Tank Division compose of 2 T-26 medium tank BDE's and 1 Mot Inf BDE , after completion unit will be heavy tested for speed and fire power.

Gnevny.jpg

Soviet Destroyer Бдительный

August, fallowing FNTS plan 5 artillery support BDE's are deployed to Leningrad Front.
28th Molotov is informed us that USA are near to join UK alliance. UK alliance with USA give them advantage of biggest IC output on world, we decide ignore this !
"We will get into conflict with USA sooner or later, so why not sooner" by Comrade S.
Note: Mali is begged, without success, that we use all we can to slower this process.

September, 16th Communistic China officially asked to join our fraction, we approved one country less to fight with. 24th Maxim Livinov is replace Molotov on place of foreign minister trying to use our good diplomatic position at moment to pull some more country's to our alliance.

9.10.1937, The Kitchen

Shilo [approaching to Mali]: what is going on comrade Mali?

Mail: many things are going on but i can't find Gvozden anywhere, and i need him for...

Shilo [interrupting]: you will not find him for some time, he is on Far East on some urgent task and even i can't find his exact location or task. Those people from NKGB are really quiet about everything, even if u just ask them to borrow cigarette they will first spend 5 minutes thinking what you want, then maybe you get one...

Mali: Damn, and i was just get some good information's

Shilo: so, share it i like to hear good news too

Mali: I m not aware you are interest in politics, anyway Comrade Stalin is have long talk in congers of Supreme Soviet at 1st October, here is part of transcription :

DornierC-Legion.jpg

Germany medium bomber from Legion Condor in Spain civil war

.." our efforts to help workers upraise in Spain is not good enough, Germany sending direct military support to the other side. And now Japan is showing his military power in China, we need to wake up our country and raise our military potentials to maximum. We will not wait our enemies knock on doors of Moscow to start defend, i suggest next steps to be taken"..​

Shilo: fine, preparations become official now.

Mali: You not hear all Supreme Soviet was more than ready for comrade's tasks. New laws was proclaimed in couple of days, and i m glad to inform you we are in War economy for already 7 days and our male population have mandatory obligation to serve in Army, in one-year draft for purpose of learning how to operate new weapons and apply new battle tactics. Even high school population will be drafted, after finished service they will be promoted to reserve officer's which will sure benefit us in incoming trouble years.

Shilo: true, Gvozden will be more than happy to hear all this news

Mali: yea but i need him to check our plan for new productions, our switch to war economy is give us allot IC to spare and every one (Army, VVS, UMS) is demand something

Shilo: i guess they demand more than we can do as usually?

Mali: what is strangest thing no, they not, after filling all they requests, 1 IAD for VVS, 5 Art BDEs for FNTS plan, 2 destroyer Flotillas (improved Project 7U Class) i still have excess of IC to use, and i have idea where to use it too, look this document "Air power as port strike force"[giving file to Shilo]

Shilo: i m really have no time for reading and if i have i will not understand anything i m not military expert

Mali: In short book propose use of aviation bombers to attack and totally devastate flotillas in heavily defended ports, using factor of surprise or high altitude bombing , or something called dive bombing, with short time air superiority over port author suggesting results will be devastating to defending flotilla.

Shilo: ok and what that have with us and excess of IC, we build more bombers?

Mali: Our aviation is not focused on that type of attacks we are building more front line aviation to support Army in close combat, but from this book i find our flotilla is vulnerable in bases we call safe, so i think production of reserve ports as place where flotilla can retreat and more AA defense in main ports will fit up the gap.

Shilo: you not need Gvozden for that everything you say sounds reasonable so go for it.

Mali: ahhh [long breath] who i find to talk about serious decisions, damn Shilo go border Tatiana you are of no help here

Shilo: with pleasure...

01.11.1937, Kremlin, present Comrade Stalin, Timoshenko, Molotov, Dimitrii Yermakov(officer pilot - volunteer)

dipl4.jpg

S: As we know yesterday Republic Spain ceased to exist, what we can learn from this defeat?

M: From diplomatic point we done everything we can, we send them help in supplies and make trade deals much better than with other country's

S: how about volunteers?

T: Volunteers fight brave, main problem was lack of united command over whole republican army. If we look unit’s performance one by one then we see descent fight but on global picture total performance was poor.

S: can you elaborate on some example

T: it is simple, when Nationalists unifyed command for all of units then they start to win on global scale by moving units from one to another front, on other hand republican forces never done same thing. Example: when battle for Barcelona is over units stay around Barcelona and not send to other needed front. And even when some unit was try move longer distance to reinforce some front it was slow down by German aviation.

S: anything more?

T: Cooperation between Republican Aviation and Navy was poor, so Franco was able to bring into Spain units from Africa under nose of bigger and stronger Republican Navy, no matter those transports was spotted by aviation, info not delivered to navy on time.

S: and final conclusion is?

T: All units on one front must be under single command chain, and we need to develop better cooperation between Army, Aviation and Navy.

D: if i may say something, about air war, Germany fighter's Me109D have much better performance than I-15 or even I-16. They older bombers Do 17 was still manageable, but new bombers was or too fast to catch Ju87b or too hard to shoot down like HE 111

S: Experience of pilots from this war will sure help industry to build better planes and Timoshenko you have task to improve Army coordination, this lose will on end make us stronger and more ready for incoming conflicts.

Timoshenko and Dimitri [in one voice]: incoming conflicts?

S: there will always be conflicts...

From STIA
1. March 1938

V PROGRES REPORT

November, 1937, we deploy our first ShAD unit to Kharkov. Ireland joined to UK alliance.

December, 1937, Navy decide to build series of troop transport ships to enable more fexibilty for army deploy in coastal waters.
Another 10 factories was build in different parts of Rodina.
Portugal is joined Germany alliance.

January, VVS is start to build, in series, multi-role fighter MiG-3 units, main propouse for those 2 units will be to acompany our medium bombers into enemy grouds, and it will realase 2 interceptor units for they main task - defending our sky.
FNTS plan now fiting support units at Poland border with 5 new Artilery Brigades.
14.01.1938 we deploy our first air transport unit (TrAD) to Arhangle'sk airport, for now main task of unit is to supply Murmansk front if become cut off from main land. Next unit is building for Far East front.

February, because of our relations with Comunistic China we are from now embargoed from Japan, not that we have any important trades with them.
Flotila of new build Gnevny class destroyers are deployed to Sevastopol.
Red Army begin to build 3 T-28(Medium tank) Brigades to reinforce 6th Armiya Light tank Divisions.
On end of month using new created ICs we started heavy infranstructure projects (10+) to secure supply's flow and fast transport of troops and other goods.

prod7.jpg

Holliday’s are over and time of revolution is here 
I m far in war now (1940) so i will try to bypass two years fast to get into battles.
I was also change image host site hope everything will work fine because plan is to use allot operational maps

19. March 1938, The Kitchen

Mali: Shilo come look the latter Tatiana bring today, i doubt this is true meal recipe but i do not understand a word and there is map attached ?!?

19. March 1938
To Kitchen

FAR EAST RECIPE​

Last couple of months in Far East i m searching favorite spice to our main meal in kitchens of sake users or rice boilers. So far look like rice will flood sake on all fields. With little help from our side i think we can make dissent meal with rice as neutral addition to our great feast. In future if we invest more, we have modest chance to incorporate boiled rice to our meal as internal part.

map1c.jpg

rice flooding sake (March 38')

Shilo: hehe, at last i know he is alive.

Mali: who is alive? I can't believe even you know more about things around here than me, this is too much!

Shilo: come down, i recognize writing, that is Gvozden letter and i think we need to deliver it to comrade

Mali: Then move it good damn, i do not want to be shoot as traitor, there is world to conquer

Shilo: on mine way...

21.03.1938 12h, Comrade Stalin office

Duty officer: Comrade, foreign minister Litvinov is at door

Stalin: He not knows to use phone? Let him in.

Litvinov: I m afraid i have bad news..

Stalin: they are usually bad from your sector, say it

Litvinov: We just informed Germany troops parade trough Vienna, Austria is inherited into realm of Germany.

Stalin: In mine calculations they was already part of Germany so nothing too special, what is response from Imperialist governments.

Litvinov: Look like they share your opinion on this matter, no seriously measures will be taken from them.

Stalin: Ok then go back to your job and get more countries to our side.

Litvinov: We not have good chance to do that, with resources i have...

Stalin: Try it more, and do not whine here, DO YOUR JOB COMRADE!

Litvinov: Understand.

dipl5.jpg

German Legion in Vienna

Mali is sleep in chair when someone hand shake him, he look man who wake him, there is something familiar in that face but he is not sure who is it. Then voice he hear ring bells…

Ltn. Gvozden: When i was go away you sleep, when i come back you sleep again, are you doing anything besides sleeping?

Mali [jumping from chair]: where are you all this time, how much is pass, damn almost a year, what are you do all that time, nice scar you have on head, i see you lose some weight maybe it will be wise i go to same place? Damn i m sure you will like some Nikola's brandy , this year plumbs yield is great, he bring us some pictures from summer, trees almost breaking under weight of fruits...

Ltn Gvozden: Brandy will be fine, and for other things you talk too fast i already forgot everything you ask...

Mali: ehh, no matter, for most of things, i know, answer will be: it is top secret. Anyway that scar is deep, look like bottle in head, guess you had some fun in taverns of Far East.

Ltn Gvozden: almost more fun than i can handle. I need to go to comrade it is not good when he wait too long..

Mali: wait i m near to finish progress report, let as fill it with your information’s so you have full report when meet Comrade S.

FROM STIA

V PROGRES REPORT​

March, 21st Germany annexed Austria. [Ltn add] We choose to take China side on Far East.

April, our highest military commands finish reorganization of military districts with next result:

army2p.jpg

[Ltn add] We send aid to Chinese, people on Far East become more aware of war's near our borders and more eager to get involved.

dipl6.jpg

On 22nd Supreme Soviet after reorganized army command proposal introduce new Two-Year Draft law.
Georgij D. Bazilevich becomes new armament minister his expertise in field of infantry will for sure help our efforts to have best infantry in world.

May, Machukuo (Japan puppet) surrender to one of Chinese war lord's.
Our FNTS plan is almost over we just fit another 5 support artillery brigades on Rumanian border.
At negotiations between Imperial powers and Germany heavy fortified border of Czechoslovakia is recognized as Germany territory, they not even border to call Chez or as to negotiations.
[Note by Ltn G.] Good, first small country will not be to eager to join UK alliance from now, unless they are ready to sell part of they country for UK interest, 2nd UK and France will see feeding mad dog can end in losing a hand.
16th we start another upgrade circle at 44.7% without any additional IC investments, we are sure upgrades will be finished before new inventions take place.
On end of month we deploy our first multi-role fighter unit. Those planes (MiG 3) will assist tactical bombers in missions where enemy interceptors can be expected.
mig3.jpg

June, two destroyer flotillas deployed to Vladivostok and Leningrad.

July, 17th we send more aid to Chinese to help them clear Asia main land of Japanese forces, and they doing that pretty well so far.
In Sevastopol VVS formed new Interceptor unit with 2 wings of I-16 planes for control air over Black Sea.
20th Our army push to limit demanding Three-Year Draft and law is adopted, Party think those laws are pushing limits our population can handle at peace .
Andriy G. Orlov is new minister of security, his task is to quietly prepare nation for war (-0.01 in neutrality).

August, we add more IC to current upgrades trying finish upgrade circle before new expected circle begin (68%).
Our land commanders learn new tactics for tank and motorized infantry use in spearhead doctrine.
At end of month we experience lack of supplies because more IC is now commit to upgrade procedure, we suppress supply shortage with new trade deals, raw materials for supply's.

September, 10 new factories are build in this month.
7th Three medium tank brigades are deployed to 6th Armiya, ShAD unit is deployed around Murmansk.