• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Johan

Studio Manager Paradox Tinto
Administrator
Paradox Staff
15 Badges
Dec 14, 1999
  • Diplomacy
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • A Game of Dwarves
  • Magicka
  • Starvoid
We're getting close to release so I thought I should show you alot of nice and nifty little things we may not have talked much about yet..

First of all.. Wartaxes now last until you call them off, or end up at peace. Of course, they no longer increase maximum maximum war exhaustion, but increases war exhaustion every month its active. You can not just turn it off at will though, but must collect for at least 12 months.
inn7a.jpg

Of course, war exhaustion has now been overhauled and is now increased by how much your country is occupied or blockaded, as well as other effects. The skill of the ruler is the main thing that decreases it.
War exhaustion and its impact can now be seen clearly on the military view screen.
inn7b.jpg

Another thing that affects war exhaustion is the results of battles, here we are now listing the Prestige, Tradition and War exhaustion changes boths sides get..

inn7c.jpg

As we said earlier, the peace AI is now much more reasonable when its beaten, and what is most important, you will now see what offers it will reject or accept before sending them.

inn7d.jpg

And since prestige is so much more important, it is now shown at the topbar, and here you see what it affects and how much (as my 50 prestige Russia)
inn7e.jpg

And if you want to check what revolts you get in each province..
inn7f.jpg

So, playing as an Elector may become a bit more fun.. When you can do this!
inn7g.jpg

Another little perk of being in the Empire is that the Emperor will be automatically called if anyone attacks one of their memberstates. This can be shown amongst other things in the declare war confirm box.

inn7h.jpg

There's alot more small, big or medium things to talk about... but this all for today....

14 more days!

First reply! Yes!

Interesting stuff, this looks even better now.

EDIT: curse these slow servers! :mad: LuKo beat me.

Last edited:
They will be 14 long days :)

In Nomine!!! :p

Johan said:
As we said earlier, the peace AI is now much more reasonable when its beaten, and what is most important, you will now see what offers it will reject or accept before sending them.

inn7d.jpg

Where in this picture is the new feature?

Oh, right.

A well thought out picture then :S

I cant see anything there

I see it perfectly fine..

hehe, refresh broswer, I had accidentally cropped the picture.

Johan said:
I see it perfectly fine..

hehe, refresh broswer, I had accidentally cropped the picture.

Nice, good work changing it...although now my posts make me look like an idiot, lol.

Dear Tayya,

It will only be a 'perfect' game when i can strap chinese firework rockets to peasants and use them as siege weapons!

until then, there is always room for improvement.

(Great news about the peace deal info, i like it!!)

Johan said:

Good. About time the AI gets reasonable. I just hope "when it's beaten" does not mean occupying every single province. :p At least that screenshot seems promising about it.

Ladislav said:
the warscore is 45% and the horde will accept a peace proposal worth 66%?

Somebody got owned on the battlefield, lol :rofl:

Ladislav said:
the warscore is 45% and the horde will accept a peace proposal worth 66%?

yeah... 3 provinces and their war exhaustion is high (its their that I show in the earlier tooltip)

Johan said:
We're getting close to release so I thought I should show you alot of nice and nifty little things we may not have talked much about yet..

First of all.. Wartaxes now last until you call them off, or end up at peace. Of course, they no longer increase maximum maximum war exhaustion, but increases war exhaustion every month its active. You can not just turn it off at will though, but must collect for at least 12 months.
inn7a.jpg
does this mean a nation will have wartax, even if it has no war, if it ends the war before 12 months?