• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(44784)

Who is John Galt?
May 28, 2005
Disclaimer: If you oppose cheating or modifying files, you are not forced to read on.

It is 1936, the British Empire is facing a serious threat of Fascists gaining power in Europe. A delegation from Cairo meets in London with British and French officials. To reduce the areas Allied troops need to patrol, a new nation is agreed upon, the Arab Federation. A democracy is decided upon.

Within a couple of months, the Arab government is faced with daunting resource demands from the British. The delegates were sent back to London to speak in front of the House of Commons, where they were heckled and forced to leave. Soon after, the Arab Federation announced a halt to all resource payments to the United Kingdom and left the Allies.

Cool AAR idea. It'll be interesting to see if you'll go Axis now (although the title doesn't seem to point in that direction).

Btw, you might want to reconsider your choice of text color. The green is quite hard to read on a gray background.

well I'm not really fond of cheating and such, but this is something different (haven't seen an Arab Federation AAR yet) so I guess I'll watch this. Consider me subscribed.

Thats strange. The one time i liberated the Arab Federation, it encompassed Iraq and Saudi Arabia, and its color was green, not brown. Did you modify that?

Did you modify that?
No.

Btw, you might want to reconsider your choice of text color. The green is quite hard to read on a gray background.
Ok.

After the insult by the government of Britain, the people of the Arab Federation wanted to avenge such an insult. After massive demonstrations in the streets of the capital city of Cairo, a newly elected government cut all trade deals with Britain. This new government, headed by Faruq I, began a massive military buildup to claim the territory that the Arabs rightly deserve.

In late October, the Arabs demanded territory from Saudi Arabia. The Saudis refused, then the armies of the Arab Federation smashed across the border. The Saudis, surprised by such an attack, folded and Riyadh fell in mid November.

With Saudi Arabia defeated, the Arab Federation turns it's attention to the British ally of Iraq. It seems the Arabs are poised to avenge the British insult to thier country...

When you do be sure to watch out for Oman and Yeman to the south since they are part of the Allies and I THINK they will join the war when you fight Iraq.

Also be sure to watch Southern Sudan and garrison your beaches.

Lt Hilsdorf said:
When you do be sure to watch out for Oman and Yeman to the south since they are part of the Allies and I THINK they will join the war when you fight Iraq.

Also be sure to watch Southern Sudan and garrison your beaches.

Look carefully at that last screenshot; he's going to do a bit more than watch as far as Sudan is concerned. ;)

I know, I plan on sending some divisions to annex Oman and Yemen.

The Arab Federation has territorial claims on all the nations in the Middle East except Afghanistan and Turkey.

I'll have to build a navy sooner or later to take on Italy, they keep sending thier damn fleets into the Suez Canal.

Look carefully at that last screenshot; he's going to do a bit more than watch as far as Sudan is concerned.
You'll know in the next update... :D

I presume you are using the freedom cheat? Well looking at your diplomacy screenshot, you hav'nt gone to the extremes with Open Society and Free Market and its normaly a benifit to go extreme. Also why are you democratic? How can you DoW as a democracy?

durecellrabbit said:
I presume you are using the freedom cheat? Well looking at your diplomacy screenshot, you hav'nt gone to the extremes with Open Society and Free Market and its normaly a benifit to go extreme. Also why are you democratic? How can you DoW as a democracy?
I'd guess because he went all the way to interventionist. The only problem with that is there's probably a big dissent hit since he is still democratic.

And I noticed the extermely high IC too, but since he did say he woud cheat I don't care really.

*whistle* you sure went all the way with the modifying thing, in some aspects. I'm still working on the scenario for my map... argh, why are there so many countries...:(

*whistle* you sure went all the way with the modifying thing, in some aspects. I'm still working on the scenario for my map... argh, why are there so many countries...
All I did was liberate the provinces as Britain as soon as the game started.

In mid-January, diplomatic relations between the Arab Federation and the Allies have broken down. The final event that initiated hostilities took place across the Iraqi border, where a bomb exploded in an Arab supply depot. It is widely accepted that British SAS troops attacked the supply depot to gain the upper hand in an inevitable war.

Arab divisions then crossed the borders of Iraq, Oman, Yemen, and modern-day Sudan. The Arab Federation quickly took control of Oman and Yemen, then drove the Iraqi forces to Baghdad. The Arab forces quickly overran Baghdad and Iraq became part of the Arab Federation.

The Arab Federation attacked British forces in modern-day Sudan, pushing the British far enough to take Khartoum. The Arab forces pushed the British far enough south to establish a defensive line and reorganize.

screensave81jd.png

Nobody knows now whether the British will accept a peace deal, or wage total war...

No offense...but that is really stretching the limit of modifying. In your case, it appears to be somewhat detrimental, as 55 divisions in a corps is a severe penalty. And is 50 nukes really necessary?

Emil_s said:
arrg..Do you have 1,200 IC?

:eek: I totally missed that. I say good luck to Britain instead....

Carthade said:
No offense...but that is really stretching the limit of modifying. In your case, it appears to be somewhat detrimental, as 55 divisions in a corps is a severe penalty. And is 50 nukes really necessary?

Is this really an AAR? Or is this a thread devoted to him showing off how he can wank his text editor to mod the game to something totally ridiculous...