• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

AlenlorDRot

First Lieutenant
13 Badges
Nov 5, 2004
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Divine Wind
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
There is a random scenario generator for HOI2. It creates scenarios with up to 157 countries of equal or random size in random locations. It makes random sliders, leaders, ministers,tech teams, and ai for each country.

The province resources can be changed as well as the terrain.

The generator allows the user to specify the number of countries, leaders, ministers, and tech teams to be created.

Edit: The project is available in my sig, much has been added, for details I'd start at the end of the thread and move backward.

Last edited:
Gosh, I worship at your feet! :D

Send them my way. :cool:

I have the AI built; as a universal default AI file that would run all countries. (Runs the RISK_Mod now).

You could download it and stick it in as is, probably work.

Yukala

At the moment the ai files are the same as the default.ai except for random settings for production and research priorities. I have been planning to download the risk mod, but haven't had time to play anything lately.

Do you expect any problems for MP-Sessions with your Mod ? Sounds like a perfect solution for the usual "i just can't decide" dudes, if it just will work :)

I'm not sure how it would suit multiplayer. The countries start with an equal number of provinces, but the resources and political sliders are changed so that there are still major differences between them. They are only equal in size.

I've put up some screenshots from a handsoff game on the website.

The direct link doesn't work, go to RandRoad Site and pick 7 to see screenshots. There is a link there to the page.

I'm trying to put the files for the scenario up, but I'm new to working with web sites and may not have the room for it anyway. They are up the 3MB now.

I should be able to post that scenario sometime this weekend. For some reason my ability to ftp files to the website comes and goes.

That scenario is slow though since each country only had 11 or 12 provinces to start and I had the default IC and resources for the world, even though I shuffled them around. I think it might be better to increase the resources depending on how many countries are in the game. Or at least allow it as on option.

There is a scenario available for download on the website now. It is one 3MB folder that can run from moddir. There are instructions for using moddir there as well. Any feedback, particularly negative, is appreciated.

Well I just downloaded it and there are a few problems, mainly:

-The scenario runs fine, just so you know, but when loading none of your AI's would load with the game so I got a crapload of "Can not load AI XXXXX", but it did load.

-I only played for a few months, but no one declared war on each other. Yes they did start churning out units, and I did see some alliences form, but no wars. I'll play longer and see what happens. I'm guessing maybe this is because the AI didn't load, or maybe not.

I can't wait till you release this, because I think this would be great to do an AAR about. Hope you get around to releasing another scenario sometime.

Anyway while I was playing I took some more screenshots for you.

randomeurope0gx.jpg

Europe

randomafrica3aq.jpg

Africa

randomnorthamerica8dj.jpg

North America

randomsouthamerica1bk.jpg

South America

randomirony1ws.jpg

A very random, ironic Germany

randombrits5vq.jpg

Even in a random scenario the Brits STILL get an island...........

Thanks for the feedback. I'll have to look into the ai problem. It shouldn't affect much since everything in my ai files were duplicates of the default.ai except that each country had random tech and unit priorities. The files are probably being written to the wrong location in the folder.

In my handsoff games there are usually no wars until around May 36. I think the ai waits until they have a few units first. Also, that scenario had 161 countries and starts off slower since each country has such a low ic to start.

If I have time tonight I will create and put up a scenario with less countries, maybe 50.

It is also clear in the screenshots that some countries end up disjointed. The program uses a province list that is generally in numerical order which works surprisingly well since most adjacent provinces are also adjacent numerically. The disjoints are normally areas where the numerical order jumps around on the map and will be tedious to fix since they will have to be found one at a time and placed in the correct order for the program to read.

one other thing I forgot to post last night, I noticed that there were ALOT of nations that I couldn't select to play as. I fixed this simply by adding the one I wanted in the .EUG file, but since some people may not know how to do that you might want to find a way to get every random nation as a choice in the menu.

Moddir is just something that Paradox games usually support. If you have modified files you can put them in a directory of their own. Then you make a shortcut to "hoi2.exe ModDirectory" where ModDirectory is the directory you have placed the modified files in. When started from that shortcut the game will look for files in that directory first when it starts up.

I had forgotten about the .eug file missing some country tags. That file is just a stripped down version of the original Road to War eug. I will add the other tags next time I'm working on it.

AlenlorDRot said:
Moddir is just something that Paradox games usually support. If you have modified files you can put them in a directory of their own. Then you make a shortcut to "hoi2.exe ModDirectory" where ModDirectory is the directory you have placed the modified files in. When started from that shortcut the game will look for files in that directory first when it starts up.

I had forgotten about the .eug file missing some country tags. That file is just a stripped down version of the original Road to War eug. I will add the other tags next time I'm working on it.

ur mod looks gret but when u used mod dir did it work first time or did some error come up because i have tried it for our mod but all the error rubbish is coming up so did u have any problems with it