Closed Beta begins for ‘Cities in Motion’ – sign up today!

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Regina

Lt. General
5 Badges
Jan 29, 2008
www.paradoxdevelopmentstudio.com
  • Majesty 2
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis: Rome Collectors Edition
Paradox Interactive and Colossal Order Ltd have today announced details on how to sign up for the limited Closed Beta for Cities in Motion, a mass transportation simulator set across four European cities and due for release on PC in early 2011. Developed by Colossal Order Ltd, Cities in Motion sees players develop and operate their own public transport company building a travel network across Vienna, Berlin, Helsinki and Amsterdam using more than 5 modes of transport, and over 30 vehicles of transport including buses, trams, subway trains and water buses. As each city develops and grows the player must continue to meet the ever changing transport needs of its commuters, while at the same time ensuring it remains as profitable as possible.

xxx (The beta is now closed and all participants have been notified!)

If you are selected for a place in the Closed Beta,
you will receive a confirmation e-mail before the 25th of October.

Featuring an in-depth campaign mode made up of 12 scenarios along with an open ended sandbox mode, an advanced map editor that allows players to create their own cities, plus much more, Cities in Motion will challenge players to create the perfect public transport system that has no cancellations, no delays and where the passengers are always happy!

Watch the announcement trailer at:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemH4GhEqEs

Planned Features for the final game:
- Realistic 3D graphics with over 100 unique buildings
- Advanced economy simulation including contractor deals, banking, insurance and fluctuating economic trends
- Play through 100 years of transportation history across four eras between 1920 and 2020
- Choose between over 30 different vehicles based on real-life models including buses, trams, water buses, helicopters and a subway system with underground view
- Real-time city and traffic simulation as people commute between their homes, workplace and social lives.
- Three difficulty levels – easy, medium and hard

Check out the latest Cities in Motion developments:
Facebook – www.facebook.com/citiesinmotion
Twitter - www.twitter.com/citiesinmotion

[video=youtube;FemH4GhEqEs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FemH4GhEqEs[/video]

Last edited:
tempting thanks for the heads up, gonna think a bit over it whether I'll be usefull or not on such a beta (not very good at hardcore economy but I suppose the game isn't that hardcore ) and if it doesn't start this week I guess I could find some time

@rsdworker: Reply before October 25th it says.

Normally I don't sign up for betas, but I want this game to succeed so badly I signed up anyway. I don't really mind if I'm in or out, as long as the game becomes Paradox worthy.

as applications are being accepted up to 25th + the time to read and sort them
It might take a while, esp if it goes the NDA route (you might have to receive a paper through snailmail and send it back) so I wouldn't hold my breath for this month ;)

I totally didn't notice this. Will you open it up again for another wave?

Hi everyone!

There will be another chance to try Cities in Motion. Please follow the updates here in the Paradox Forum, on Facebook or Twitter!

And thank you for your enthusiasm toward Cities in Motion, we really appreciate your help with testing the game.

Cheers,
Mariina

Hi everyone!

There will be another chance to try Cities in Motion. Please follow the updates here in the Paradox Forum, on Facebook or Twitter!

And thank you for your enthusiasm toward Cities in Motion, we really appreciate your help with testing the game.

Cheers,
Mariina

Yes!!!! Best news I have ever heard!

I can't wait to try out for the beta, thanks very much for giving us the second opportunity! :D