• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well.
The Pope's vassals was more in name than in facts.
Normans care little to be vassal of the Pope.
The same happened for other princes that put their crowns under pope blessing.

I think that this kind of relationship between the papacy and a kingdom/Dukedom should be simulated by some kind of alliance

I agree about the early (united, as in not yet split in Naples and Trinacria) kingdom of Sicily ruled by the Hauteville and later the Hohenstaufen, however that relationship did became a lot stronger in the Capetian Angevin kingdom of Naples (formally Sicily); in fact Charles d'Anjou made a lot of concessions to the Pope to get that Royal crown. (Although at a later point Charles did succeed at arranging somewhat better terms.)

Perhaps there should be an event, where the Pope offers the crown of a kingdom or at least a claim on the crown and royal demesne, on his conditions, so at least in CK1 terms the religious law is set on church supremacy for a much longer time than normal. Obviously that kingdom and the papacy should have problems; but another reason is proximity, the Papal States and the kingdom of Sicily later Naples were neighbors, so the conflict also had a political component.

Fighting wars in multiplayer without a crash every eight months. And when it does crash, army morale is loaded correctly and not set to zero.

More depth with the characters and their interaction with vassals/courtiers/foreign nobles, as well as a greatly improved and more interesting military system, and plotting, and a proper family tree, and well, a pile of other things too. :p

because I hate God... and myself.

xD Oh yes, I hope he will do another for CK2! I actually await that rather much...

But intriguing, personal relationships, making your little count king or emperor. AMBITIONS!

I look forward to restructuring my kingdom. Taking away and giving count and ducal titles, so that my kingdom is set up how I think it should be. At least that's what I liked the most from CK1. Also conquering new land and setting up new dynasties under my rule.

Just want to emphasise this. I loved how when you conquered a new territory and named a new king you could essentially set up a completly new aristocracy. One of my best games was as the Prince of Cherson, later king of Khazaria with an all-greek ducal tier aristocracy =)

Defeating everyone as the English.