• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He does but I was under the impression that the tribute released the names after being given to them by the imperatar.
((I thought it was like my last AAR Shadow of the Andes where the game runner releases the names of the "cabinet" my bad.))

((Me too... my days in SotA and the Presidents has left me gravely out of sorts...))

I have also thought about the issue of slavery in this upcoming war; perhaps a form of indentured servitude would be the most effective solution to this situation. I personally find slavery a poor system with which to expand, but I see the need to weaken the power of the Urrolans... a five to ten year period of servitude would be a much more acceptable system than full blown slavery, and would still ensure that our rival is left weaker.

((Me too... my days in SotA and the Presidents has left me gravely out of sorts...))

I have also thought about the issue of slavery in this upcoming war; perhaps a form of indentured servitude would be the most effective solution to this situation. I personally find slavery a poor system with which to expand, but I see the need to weaken the power of the Urrolans... a five to ten year period of servitude would be a much more acceptable system than full blown slavery, and would still ensure that our rival is left weaker.
((Good times....))
"May I remind the honorable senator that this nation's greatest goal must be to create a united Atlantis? We do not do this by punishing those who fall to our blades-no, we must focus on bringing them into our folds. Homogenizing them into our culture and allowing them to become respectable Atlanteans again. Forcing servitude upon them, even for a short period of time would inspire rebellion and hatred towards us.
If we wish to create a united Atlantis we must wield a sword in one hand and bread in the other."

Yes, that is the ultimate goal, but if certain groups will not break bread with us, will not join in our grand coalition, we must ensure that they are brought to heel. Graetius today is preparing his troops, our noble soldiers, for war; that means only one thing, we are going to invade the Urrolans, and the end result will almost certainly be in our favour; we have superior commanders and our men are of the finest calibre! But the issue remains; we must ensure that the Urrolans, and indeed all other states who oppose us, are subjugated! The most effective, and least burdensome, system would be indentured servitude, though perhaps I should clarify; only the leadership who opposes us, and captured soldiers will be made servants; the people, so long as they remain loyal, will receive the benefits of being a true Atlantean, and over time will assimilated. If they rise up against us, then they meet the same fate as their former masters, servitude. If they stand with us, they will have freedom.

((I thought this was SotA style sorry everybody))

Graetius sits in the back of the forum, cradling his throbbing head in both arms. After a few minutes of listenin in silence, Graetius realizes that he has not yet informed the Curia as to the current political goings on of Aztlanxo... He throws a scroll into their midst.

Cabinet
((Leeroy Jenkins)) (diplomat)....... Illyrio
((Viola)) (commandant)...............Katalin Belatz
((Kaioo)) (military organizer)....... Auron Desimodius

Admirals
((quicksabre))............................ Pontia Krupt
((Soulstrider))............................ Skantus Voralus

Generals
((riccardo))................................Vulpis Aureolis
((im changing my character into a general as well ;D ))

Still holding his head, Graetius stands up and booms,

I am leading our army of 10,000 to fight the Urollan horde and annex their lands. Their horde numbers around 20,000((actually 5,000)), but they are merely savages and soon be put to the sword. Our financial situation is: good.

((anyone that reallllly wants to know how Aztlanxo is doing financially, we have around 88 gold. There is not really anything else i was sent regarding economics but we're doing fine. we also get 3 merchants yearly and have a stability of 1))

Last edited by a moderator:
Indeed , there will be certainly narrow-minded groups who will refuse to join our great coalition, we must break their will by the forces of arms before we can the true light of Atlantis, without their silly pride blinding their eyes they will surely see the benefits of join our great dream. However I do disagree with Senator Aureolis, only the leadership should be punished, we must show our compassion and wisdom to the soldiers by letting them return to their families with no reprisals, our main object is to gain the loyalty of this men so that in one day they will fight under a banner of an united Atlantis, for this we must not alienate them or their families.

(Wow, don't check this for one day and suddenly dozens of new posts)

Thank you, my liege, for giving me a command; my troops will support you in any way possible in this war; perhaps a diversionary attack to keep them disoriented?

Vulpis is quickly lost in his own mind, devising elaborate tactics and strategies for imaginary battles... until hearing someone speak...

I agree, a more lenient approach would probably be in order; but I stand by my views on them rebelling against our order; force them to live in indentured servitude as a punishment for rebellion (perhaps good punishment for pettier crimes?)

Thank you my Imperator.

Turns to the rest

I vow together with my co-admiral, Senator Krupt, to faithfully lead our navy to victory. Don't look down on my capacities just because I am an merchant for I am a Urollan born and raised. I spent more years on the sea than on land and I am no stranger to the intricacies of naval warfare.

Together we will make Aztlanxo rule the seas.

(What's the size of our navy?)

Last edited:
"If we were to enforce punishment such as indentured servitude, we may be able to keep the Urollans that seek to rebel in check, however, this goes against the equality of our fellow Atlanteans, and though they may not take action now, their future generations would most certainly bear a grudge against us and may take action further down the line. I also thank Graetius for my appointment, I will ensure I do a good job for this nation, and I hope you will cut down on your antics/

Soon, Azlanxo will make its marks in history, and I believe, in future in very legend itself, as the great power that re-unified this isle. My friends, the time is good."
- Auron Desimodius

((I think we can safely say who's won our in-party elections for Primicerius and Dicerius))

And what of the Western Provinces! My family have poured our blood into the soil. How will this war play out? 240 years of fighting is enough!

There have been so many killed or carried off by the tribes, we need slavery to replace those lost in this long war. Who cares for these animals rights?! They did not when they killed my son and my father. When they raped the girls of town after town.
This is not a romantic war. Too much blood has been shed for a mere tribute. these lands must be settled and the people killed, enslaved or forced further westwards.

How does the Imperator intend to end this war? What is our end goal?

Solavichi Othollo

Last edited:
Illriyo bows deeply
Thank you Imperatar I will build us a network of allies that will unite the Atlantean people.
*He then shoots a glance over too Vulpis*
I suppose indentured servitude for those who rebel after the conquest is complete is a fitting punishment. As long as the rest are treated well and welcomed into society.

They certainly will, Illriyo; perhaps we can introduce some legislation ensures indentured servants are not mistreated (perhaps even bettering the existence of the slaves as well!) And once their time has been served, they face no restrictions on their freedoms or actions.

I do believe this war is one of expansion, of conquest; one that will bring Atlantis and all her citizenry great honour and glory! But we must not punish an entire people, not only because they are humans, and deserving of the rights given to all men, but also because it would bog us down in Urrolan lands for years to come, rather than making our nation more formidable.

And Auron, you need not be worried; I am as great a lover of freedom as any other man who serves in this venerable Senate; I am certain that the wise members of this great institution, itself borne from freedom to protect freedom, will ensure that no man is treated unfairly, and no punishment is too onerous.

"Senator Othollo, if we were to enslave them, then the other Atlantean nations could distance themselves from us, and we may end up making ourselves a Political Pariah. The Urollans would also bear a grudge against us, and may rebel against us in the future, and could lead to slaying many of our people, since you propose making them slaves, they would be working for wealthy people, and may try and kill them. This also goes against their rights as an Atlantean!

They are just misguided right now, just look at Senator Voralius, he is a Urollan, and he is a fine example of what the Urollans can become when integrated into a fair society. If you propose for us to enslave the Urollans, do you then propose to enslave Voralius? I think I may even recall our Imperator saying he is Urollan descended. We must fairly integrate the Urollan people into our society, not force them beneath us like some wild animal, they are equal with us.

Senator Vulpis, I sure hope that the Politicians within this Senate that seek to demean our fellow Atlanteans never make it into power. For the sake of our nation, ourselves, our fellow Atlanteans, and the principles of our nation."
-Auron Desimodius

Slavery would never work Senator Othollo we should unite the Atlantean people not divide them and plant the seeds of resentment.
Now as Diplomat I believe the first order of business is to extend the hand of friendship to our fellow Republics to the east. Should I set about doing so Graetius?

"Senator Othollo, if we were to enslave them, then the other Atlantean nations could distance themselves from us, and we may end up making ourselves a Political Pariah. The Urollans would also bear a grudge against us, and may rebel against us in the future, and could lead to slaying many of our people, since you propose making them slaves, they would be working for wealthy people, and may try and kill them. This also goes against their rights as an Atlantean!

They are just misguided right now, just look at Senator Voralius, he is a Urollan, and he is a fine example of what the Urollans can become when integrated into a fair society. If you propose for us to enslave the Urollans, do you then propose to enslave Voralius? I think I may even recall our Imperator saying he is Urollan descended. We must fairly integrate the Urollan people into our society, not force them beneath us like some wild animal, they are equal with us.

Senator Vulpis, I sure hope that the Politicians within this Senate that seek to demean our fellow Atlanteans never make it into power. For the sake of our nation, ourselves, our fellow Atlanteans, and the principles of our nation."
-Auron Desimodius

Senator, why should we care for the opinions of the other states. We hold Atlantis, the city of which we are all named and this continent bares it's name. By rights we ARE Atlantis. The other states are rebels and pretenders. If we can build the strongest army and navy then why should we fear them at all? When did mice dictate how the wolves run their pack?

It is not the Uroll as a culture which is the problem, rather the Urollans who have taken to raiding. The West is kept safe by my family and many other like it. Our fields are emptied by the levies needed to fight off these raids. Our enemies seem to have no qualms with violence, why should we be so kind.

You speak of rights- the people of the west had rights as well. Rights to security and sanctity, the right to grow old in peace and live long and happy lives. Too many have been violated to let us start thinking about rights. Think about the rights of your own citizens first, before we think about these bandits and pirates.

They are beneath us. There is no way you can compare the true heirs and sons of Atlantis to these nomads who cannot even build a real house, let alone a nation. Even a badger can build a den.

Slavery would never work Senator Othollo we should unite the Atlantean people not divide them and plant the seeds of resentment.
Now as Diplomat I believe the first order of business is to extend the hand of friendship to our fellow Republics to the east. Should I set about doing so Graetius?

Force is all these people understand. If we let them roam free they will loot and pillage regardless. Would you give up a life of freedom and power to follow laws and be the lackey of a city-dweller if you were them. We are inviting the hordes into our homes, and we've left our swords in the garden while they wear theirs on their belts.

Thank you my Imperator.

Turns to the rest

I vow together with my co-admiral, Senator Krupt, to faithfully lead our navy to victory. Don't look down on my capacities just because I am an merchant for I am a Urollan born and raised. I spent more years on the sea than on land and I am no stranger to the intricacies of naval warfare.

Together we will make Aztlanxo rule the seas.

(What's the size of our navy?)
((Our merchant fleet is roughly seven cogs. There is no war fleet because Atlantis has not had to fight a naval battle in in over a millennium.))

"And how would we be able to afford this 'strongest army and navy on the continent' if all the other nations stopped trading with us. Our funds would be damaged significantly. It is foolish to ignore the feelings of other states towards us, as if we go around provoking them all, they will unite together as we would be their common enemy, 'The enemy of my enemy is my friend'.

All of us are the rightful people of Atlantis. We are all Atlanteans. Nobody on this isle is beneath us! We would be hypocrites talking about all these rights for equality of our people and so forth, and then go and make all the other states' people beneath us. The Atlantean people must stand united, side by side, rather than one above the rest, if Atlantis is to rise to its former glory."
-Auron Desimodius

Truly an eloquent statement, Senator Desimodius, one which I agree with entirely; we are all Atlanteans, and Atlantis must be unified! Graetius is already making the moves towards that unification, and Atlantis will only truly be free, and powerful, when the day that the last impediments to a single, glorious Atlantis are erased from all corners of the continent! Furthermore, I encourage we begin creating strong alliances with the other republics on the continent, then wipe out all traces of tyranny! From there, we can restore the Atlantean Empire, as a glorious testament to the power of our forefathers conjoined with the new ideals and liberties unheard of in the barbarous lands around us!

Last edited:
And maybe one day after Atlantis is once again unified, we may search for the legendary lands past the sea where our ancestors founded several cities, who knows if this tales are true, if there are still Atlanteans waiting for the return of the ships of the motherland.

Admirals
((quicksabre))............................ Pontia Krupt
((Soulstrider))............................ Skantus Voralus
(( I don't my character's backstory really justifies her being an admiral. So if you do make her one make her a kind of crappy one. Maybe a maneuver point and then either a second maneuver point or a fire point. Probably the fire point. Definitely no shock.
Also, this might be too complicated, but do military commanders in the field still have a voice/vote in the senate? It would be pretty amusing to take after the roman example and start shipping generals off the the provinces so that they can't oppose important motions in the senate ))

Senator Krupt stands. She has spoken very little since the debate over the gods, and several senators around her start to see her preparing to speak

The issue of the Urollans is indeed the most pressing facing our Congress right now. The debate surrounding this issue would be amusing if it did not hold so much at stake. The most troubling aspect is the assumption of victory. While I am confident in our capabilities I fear we underestimate the fighting power of the Urollans. I believe Senator Othollo will agree that on an equal footing they can be fierce opponents.

The second issue is that of slavery. As you may know, small-scale enslavement of captives is a common practice on both sides of the western border. It is an accepted part of the status quo. Do the anti-slavery advocates intend to end that practice? Or do you merely object to large-scale campaigns designed primarily to capture slaves?

Finally, there is the issue of peace. Ultimately we must make peace on some terms. It is to this issue that I now turn. There are abundant calls for tribute or conquest but yet no official policy. Here is my proposal for the goals of this war:
The goal of this campaign should be to push back the border and establish forts along the frontier. This will create a buffer zone, protecting the lives and economic prosperity of those who live along the border such as the families of Senator Othollo and myself. It will also open up the border to new opportunities for our merchants as the border citizens' wealth increases. Over the long term, we can use the land on the extended border as pensions for veterans, making the army a true source of opportunity. This will also secure the land for our nation and turn it into a long-term economic boon.

This brings me to the second part of my proposal. The border should be manned by a professional army. There are numerous ex-soldiers in this Congress, most of whom are only here because of the opportunity provided by their military service. Because of this, the importance of the army relative to the navy is growing. We will need somewhere for new soldiers to gain experience and new resources with which to pay them, and this frontier zone will provide these. Finally, the professional army will act as a deterrent against our southern rivals.

In short, this is a plan that I believe will benefit everyone - peasants and aristocrats, soldiers and merchants, frontier and city dwellers - without overextending ourselves or risking disaster.

((Commanders have a vote so long as they are in Atlantis, though I guess there could always be a proxy. Also, to make things easier all cabinet members are level fives unless they tell me they want to be lower for RP reasons. Just sort of cuts out debate.))

Status
Not open for further replies.