• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

ywhtptgtfo

General
78 Badges
Dec 30, 2011
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Victoria 2
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Sengoku
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Heir to the Throne
  • The Kings Crusade
  • Magicka
In my game, Poland became a snake and ate all the way through to Ming and Manchu. Currently, it's my ally as well and not really a threat (Burgundy is) because it didn't Westernize. However, if I want to conquer it, how many wars does it take? Maybe 20? Do you think I am better off waiting to force it into a PU? It appears to me that PU cost is always below 100%, but the biggest country I've PU in any of my games is Prussia (~ Teutonic order in size) and England. Even occupying all of its steppe provinces seem like a big hassle let alone doing it a few dozen times.

I don't know if it was a bug but I like to cut snake nations in at least 2 peaces. In one of my last game Snakelithuania therefore was not able to colonize any more horde territories because there was no more connection to their capital. And the bigger the snake, the more tedious are the wars. Dont let her grow too big or you will have boring wars when she is your enemy. I do not like that personally beside a few exceptions.

Edit: Hmmm, but Snakebohemia was still able to colonize afaik. Ah, I don't know it is weird and late right now^^

Anways, cutting snake nations into several pieces is really effective.

Negative side effect: The map will be really ugly^^

you will need 84% warscore for a "claim throne" PU or 90% warscore for an "obscure documents" PU. the problem with achieving that warscore and enforcing a PU is that it will be followed by revolts all along the snake, so unless you are in a position to kill the rebels yourself, the country you inherit will likely be a mere shadow of the behemoth you PUed. generally it is better to get a border with the hordes early in the campaign and build your own snake to asia, since you get over a hundred provinces for zero infamy.....

you will need 84% warscore for a "claim throne" PU or 90% warscore for an "obscure documents" PU. the problem with achieving that warscore and enforcing a PU is that it will be followed by revolts all along the snake, so unless you are in a position to kill the rebels yourself, the country you inherit will likely be a mere shadow of the behemoth you PUed. generally it is better to get a border with the hordes early in the campaign and build your own snake to asia, since you get over a hundred provinces for zero infamy.....
I was beaten to the snaking game by far. Starting country is Holland and I spent much of the game (1650 AD at the moment) monopolizing the Americas. By the time I had the power to set my eyes to Europe again, Poland and Novgorod were already done with TGH and Sibir so I went for Arabia and the Middle East instead.

Get a province that borders them at a point on the snake that has a land connection to your capital. Force them to release the nation they ate for that part of the snake and grab other provinces, eat that chunk of the snake, rinse/repeat.

I love forcing nations that border me to release hordes :)

If you don't care about the hordes - make poland a vassal between you and the horde, and force lithuania to release ukraine, vassalize them, and then just conquer your way into europe. Also you can try to support russian countries, so they deal with the hordes. In such way you gain 2 things :
Time - you don't waste time on worthless horde provinces, and you can focus on europe.
Fine enemy - you will have at least some challenge in the end game, as russia/some big russian country tends to be not so easy as poland/lithuania monster. Anyway at least more of a challenge than poland, cause lithuania can be a challenge if as they own much provinces in between their and hordes provinces.

russia/some big russian country tends to be not so easy as poland/lithuania monster. Anyway at least more of a challenge than poland, cause lithuania can be a challenge if as they own much provinces in between their and hordes provinces.
They are all eastern tech group. Doesn't make a big difference to me.