• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MattyG

Attention is love.
15 Badges
Mar 23, 2003
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Deus Vult
  • Diplomacy
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
This event below is written for Aberration, hence the strange tagging and culture references.

It should only trigger if either of the four provinces are owned by the Republic of Free Provinces (USA tag) AND if that province has gaelic culture. Right? But instead it simply triggers as soon as the Republic exists. There is a matching event for french, occitan, german, burgundian, hanseatic and italian cultures. They all trigger.

Ideas?

event = {
id = 202651
random = no
country = USA
trigger = {
OR = {
AND = {
provinceculture = { prov = 54 data = gaelic }
owned = { province = 54 data = -1 }
}
AND = {
provinceculture = { prov = 62 data = gaelic }
owned = { province = 62 data = -1 }
}
AND = {
provinceculture = { prov = 64 data = gaelic }
owned = { province = 64 data = -1 }
}
AND = {
provinceculture = { prov = 68 data = gaelic }
owned = { province = 68 data = -1 }
}
}
}
name = "Incorporation of Gaels within the Republic"
desc = "Gaelic culture provinces are now part of our republic. Should they they have full rights or be supressed?"
date = { day = 1 month = january year = 1770 }
offset = 30
deathdate = { day = 29 month = december year = 1820 }

action_a = {
name = "Full rights for Gaels"
command = { type = add_countryculture which = gaelic }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = -1 }
}
action_b = {
name = "Supress the Gaels"
command = { type = remove_countryculture which = gaelic }
command = { type = cash value = 100 }
command = { type = domestic which = centralization value = 1 }
command = { type = revoltrisk which = 60 value = 1 }
command = { type = stability value = -1 }
}
}

Try changing every "-1" to "USA"? I know -1 should do it as well, but that should put you on safer side, since it's USA event.

EDIT: I did a small search and wasn't able to find that trigger condition being used anywhere, to check from existing example... It could be that Havard has it wrong and it should be province instead of prov.

Last edited:
Byakhiam said:
Try changing every "-1" to "USA"? I know -1 should do it as well, but that should put you on safer side, since it's USA event.

EDIT: I did a small search and wasn't able to find that trigger condition being used anywhere, to check from existing example... It could be that Havard has it wrong and it should be province instead of prov.

Thanks. I think the -1 is the thing that IS working, as it is reading "Yep, we owns dat dere awright!"

You could be right on that prov thing. I thought it could be but trusted Havard implicitly.

I'll give it a try!

MattyG

MattyG said:
You could be right on that prov thing. I thought it could be but trusted Havard implicitly.
Don't trust anything implicitly. It seems very unlikely that Johan would use province = in every province trigger except that one. Much more likely Havard made a typo. If you get it to work using province PM Havard so maybe he will fix his guide.

Well, province in place of prov has stemmed the flow of those events. But now they don't trigger at all.

I cannot imagine I am the first person to have used the provinceculture trigger. Does anyone know of an event that uses it so I check how it looks?

You need to use province_culture instead of provinceculture. For any command or trigger types with spaces, you use an underscore to indicate the space.

MattyG said:
Well, province in place of prov has stemmed the flow of those events. But now they don't trigger at all.

I cannot imagine I am the first person to have used the provinceculture trigger. Does anyone know of an event that uses it so I check how it looks?
Just as a wild guess, try using which instead of data.

The event parser at katica also finds the prov = to be the correct syntax over province =

So I am a little stumped.

Thanks all for your assistance.

Ahh the imfamous provinceculture trigger.

Well you are out of luck, cause the trigger does not work. And as far as I know it has never worked. I think it has been cleaned out of AGC-EEP from v1.29. Wheather they have gotten them all or not, I can’t say.

First of all the initator is “Province” not “Prov”. Any provinceculture trigger statement not having Province = [1-1600] is always true. ALWAYS! In fact you can write anything you like, you will not get an error from the game and it will always be true.

Exemple

provinceculture = { prvince = 247 value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { provincc = 247 value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { }
provinceculture = { prov }
provinceculture = { province }
provinceculture = { prov = 247 value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { province-247 value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { province data = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { hallo }
provinceculture = { is this for real }
provinceculture = { province = 0 value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { province = paradox = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { [insert whatever you want here] }
etc..

You will not get an error for any of these and they are all true, always.

If you insert Province = [ number] the trigger is always NOT true. ALWAYS!

provinceculture = { province = 247 value = anglosaxon }
provinceculture = { province = 99 value = gaelic }
etc…

Even if the selected province is the correct culture the trigger is NOT true. always! It is because it does not read its value. You can replace value with which/data and it will still not work. The trigger does not read its value/which/data value.

So basically you are out of luck, because the trigger does not work..

Well, that sucks. But you have been a big help. Thanks for this illumination, not to mention all the aids on your website (which I have used many times.

Back to the drawing board for a useful trigger.

The obvious would be to try having the culture first and the province second and try it then... like:
provinceculture = {culture = anglosaxon which = 235} or something like that.