• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Stonewall

NRA Lifetime Member
75 Badges
May 4, 2001
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Surviving Mars
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis III: Collection
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Hearts of Iron II: Beta
  • Pride of Nations
  • Rise of Prussia
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
I have attached a zip file that changes the leader deathdates for the major nations to 1960, effectively creating a series f leader files in which a leader will not die unless he is killed off in an event.

The countries covered are:

Australia
Canada
Finland
France
Germany
Holland
Italy
Japan
Nationalist China
Nationalist Spain
Poland
Russia
United Kingdom
United States
USSR

To use this, simply unzip the contents of the file into your db/leader folder. Enjoy.

Attachments

• No Leader Deathdate Mod.zip
    79,3 KB · Views: 9.043
What about techteams and ministers? I dont think they should die too even if i own the world :)

Feel free to modify tech teams and ministers. For the most part, the tech teams die when the company historically went out of business.

Wolf52 said:
What about techteams and ministers? I dont think they should die too even if i own the world :)

exactly. Why deaths dates for leaders, etc. when they were executed, because the war was running badly in real life, but in the game everything runs smoothly?

In my eyes your mod, in the current version, makes the game worse, instead of improving it. Death dates for natural deaths are fine, but death dates for executions are questionable, don't you think so?

Deserteur said:
exactly. Why deaths dates for leaders, etc. when they were executed, because the war was running badly in real life, but in the game everything runs smoothly?

In my eyes your mod, in the current version, makes the game worse, instead of improving it. Death dates for natural deaths are fine, but death dates for executions are questionable, don't you think so?

Nobody is forcing you to use my mod. Whether it makes things better or worse is completely dependent on the person and what he or she wants out of the game. If you want, feel free to go through the files and institute death dates for all the leaders that died of natural causes. Or better yet, take the original game files and make no deathdate for leaders that died in battle or were executed. I don't have the time of inclination to do the required research for that kind of project. To me, its just not that important.

Stonewall said:
Nobody is forcing you to use my mod. Whether it makes things better or worse is completely dependent on the person and what he or she wants out of the game. If you want, feel free to go through the files and institute death dates for all the leaders that died of natural causes. Or better yet, take the original game files and make no deathdate for leaders that died in battle or were executed. I don't have the time of inclination to do the required research for that kind of project. To me, its just not that important.

sure. I just wanted to give comments on how to improve your mod. maybe someone else will do it, because i haven#t got the time too

Thanks. Any suggestions for improvement are always welcome. I just don't have the time to go any more in depth for a mod that took less than 10 minutes to create.

Excellent mod Stonewall. Much obliged. :) I took the liberty of spreading the word on it (and providing a link to it here) over on Languish as some chaps there can't access this place I gather... ;) Hope that's ok with you.

Mef

Great. I definitely will use this mod when I get the game. I also would like to get a mod that removes all leader deaths but those that were because of heart attacj etc. That would need some amount of research though.

Mefistofeles said:
Excellent mod Stonewall. Much obliged. :) I took the liberty of spreading the word on it (and providing a link to it here) over on Languish as some chaps there can't access this place I gather... ;) Hope that's ok with you.

Mef

Feel free to use it however you want. You are more than welcome to post it over there if it makes it easier for people to get it.

I'm glad that you like it, thanks for the kind words.

Thanks for this mod Stonewall; I definetly will be using it as soon as my preorder comes in!

I'm currently working to make a detailed death-date list of the german leaders ...
I'm not sure whether it's really worth the bother ... I'm also not sure what should be counted as death-date (i.e. illness, systematic purges etc.) and what should be removed (suicide, treason, accidents, combat-related injuries)

I've found some pretty good sites and I'm pretty sure I can cover 80% of the generals ...

Only question I have is: how can I tell in the xls/csv files itsself whether a certain leader is army, navy or airforce ? Cuz I have them sorted by name now, to faciliatet matters and now I can't tell my admirals from my generals :p

THANKS ! Was going insane with the leader deaths. I understand with major leaders in history like Rommel you should get some event execute or not but played Italy and between Jan 43 to 11th Feb 43 23 minor leaders died and none of them were in combat ??? Paradox should have included an option for to just turn the leader death off/on ....

I'm hijacking this topic now :)

I've continued Stonevalls work and edited all leaderfiles of all countries.

Deathdate is now 1960 and Startdate 1930 for all Leaders .
I've controlled also every techteam and every techteam has now at least time till 1955.

download
These are the modivied files . Unpack them simoly into your Hoi2 folder
restore
These are the original filles if you want dying leaders again

Spocky

Last edited: