• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
20_zps5426512a.jpg

21_zpsd8747c45.jpg

Last edited:
Gardening while your poor soldiers need to fight? ;-) You're one relaxed king.

"Sieger" means winner in German, so I hope that's the way the war will end for you.

Living the medieval dream (being King :) )

Last edited:
Ulaanbaatar, 1069
Camp of His Highness the Khan of Mongolia

"Khan! I have an important message for you!", the messenger gasped.

A seemingly uninterested gardener looked at the lowly messenger and seemed to evaluate whether this man's news would be more important than the rare species of Rosa Pimpinellifoliae he was examining. After a couple of seconds, in which the messenger managed to control his breath, this gardener, who turned out to be the Khan himself, gave his approval.

"Speak!"
"Sir, I come with dire news from General Batukhan. His spies in Europe have picked up a rather unsettling story, which will do no good to our reputation!"
"You have my curiosity - continue."
"Gobi Desert, twelfth of January ten-sixty-nine. Dear Khan Genghis, ruler of Mon..."
"Oh please, soldier - skip that part!", snarled one of the visibly irritated commanders.
"Well uhm, okay", the messenger said, and he started reading the relevant part of General Batukan's letter out loud:

Two months ago, one of my spies in the Christian area of the Iberian peninsula reported to me about certain garden-related rumors. Apparently, the self-proclaimed pretender King of Castille created a garden so luxurious and tidy that it was called the "Garden of Eden", and "The greatest garden in the world". Although many a general would have committed suicide upon hearing this dire news, you must know that I am not one to rely on rumour and a drukard's talk. I decided to verify this news by sending three of my best scouts, who were at the time residing in Prussia, to this apparent master garden. (...) As I am writing this letter, their report is in my hands. It appears that the rumours are true, and we no longer posess the greatest garden in the world. According to our report, a rare Bellis perennis is the focal point of this garden's collection. (...) This disgrace is below the level of a General of the Mongolian Army. Consider this my immediate resignation from the Army and the end of my shameful life. I served you poorly and I shall pay for it.

Those present in the tent witnessed something no-one had ever seen, nor would anyone see in the near future: The Khan, however briefly, wept. And with shaking hands he stood up, drew his sabre, and said those words that would lead to the greatest campaign in Medieval history:

"Councillor, gather the horsemen. We ride to Castille. We ride to Europe. We ride to WAR!"

Ulaanbaatar, 1069
Camp of His Highness the Khan of Mongolia

"Khan! I have an important message for you!", the messenger gasped.

A seemingly uninterested gardener looked at the lowly messenger and seemed to evaluate whether this man's news would be more important than the rare species of Rosa Pimpinellifoliae he was examining. After a couple of seconds, in which the messenger managed to control his breath, this gardener, who turned out to be the Khan himself, gave his approval.

"Speak!"
"Sir, I come with dire news from General Batukhan. His spies in Europe have picked up a rather unsettling story, which will do no good to our reputation!"
"You have my curiosity - continue."
"Gobi Desert, twelfth of January ten-sixty-nine. Dear Khan Genghis, ruler of Mon..."
"Oh please, soldier - skip that part!", snarled one of the visibly irritated commanders.
"Well uhm, okay", the messenger said, and he started reading the relevant part of General Batukan's letter out loud:

Two months ago, one of my spies in the Christian area of the Iberian peninsula reported to me about certain garden-related rumors. Apparently, the self-proclaimed pretender King of Castille created a garden so luxurious and tidy that it was called the "Garden of Eden", and "The greatest garden in the world". Although many a general would have committed suicide upon hearing this dire news, you must know that I am not one to rely on rumour and a drukard's talk. I decided to verify this news by sending three of my best scouts, who were at the time residing in Prussia, to this apparent master garden. (...) As I am writing this letter, their report is in my hands. It appears that the rumours are true, and we no longer posess the greatest garden in the world. According to our report, a rare Bellis perennis is the focal point of this garden's collection. (...) This disgrace is below the level of a General of the Mongolian Army. Consider this my immediate resignation from the Army and the end of my shameful life. I served you poorly and I shall pay for it.

Those present in the tent witnessed something no-one had ever seen, nor would anyone see in the near future: The Khan, however briefly, wept. And with shaking hands he stood up, drew his sabre, and said those words that would lead to the greatest campaign in Medieval history:

"Councillor, gather the horsemen. We ride to Castille. We ride to Europe. We ride to WAR!"

Awesome :D

:)
Nice update - from both of you.

Thank you :)

Battle after the battle. :) Since you seem to do the time-travel thing it would be interesting to see how a modern man would react to the fighting in these times.

Well, my grandfather was a Police Officer during the initial time of terrorism in Peru, so he was used to armed conflict with insurgents. Although killing somebody with a sword must be a lot different from shooting from a distance I suppose :)