• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
The Guns of April

As 1917 dawned upon the World, one thing was clear: Two Empires were gearing up once again, wiping off the dust of a decade, the Russian Empire ordered the mobilization of their Armed Forces, calling up men to fight for the Empire, to defend the Tsaritsa, and to reclaim land lost from the German Empire during the Three Emperors War.
[+10% Mobilisation Penalty to the Russian Empire. +3,316,224 Conscripts to the Russian Empire.]

The German Empire as well, which had already been mobilized, although partially, ordered the Full Mobilisation of the German Armed Forces, calling up men to the Empire, to carry out the wishes of the Kaiser.
[+5% Mobilisation Penalty to the German Empire. +4,298,638 Conscripts to the German Empire.]

The first indications of battle was the when three Latvian border guards, stationed on the border of Russia, noticed movements towards their border. A call went out, and the German High Command was notified of these movements, and quickly move their Army elements into place, stationing them along a large and vast front. The Russians, however, focused on massing as many men as they could in one wave, across the front, attempting to destroy and overrun the German positions.

00c-39-tomsk-infantry-regiment-pannikhida-for-the-fallen.jpg

Russian Soldiers massing along the Latvian Border to surge into the Baltic States.

The Germans, however, were well equipped and ready. The Russians, which had decided they would attack by sheer numbers, trying to create a crashing wave over the Germans, enveloping the Baltics and Byelorussia. Unfortunately for the Russians, the Minsk War Machine had been preparing for this. Series of trenches, defenses, and redoubts dotted the landscape, manned by the Soldiers and Citizens of the Baltics. They stood reading and waiting, eager to try and ensure their countries remained free, and that Russia would never again take control of their land.

The Germans, however rushed into position, taking up trenches, manning machine guns, and standing at the ready for the oncoming Russians. The first movements were on April 1st, 1917 - to which the Russian Army surged across a border-crossing station in Byelorussia. Up and down the border, this continued, as Russians soldiers surged into their former territories, and encountered fierce and intense opposition from civilians, but the Russian Army continued to surge into the Baltics, until finally meeting the Trench lines of the Central Powers. Hundreds and Thousands of Russians started to fall, as they melted against the lines of the Central Powers. Wave after wave, the Russian High Command demanded that no matter what, they will swamp the Germans.

The Battle, as it turns out, did not progress as planned. Across the front-lines, the Central Powers were able to hold up against the Russians for a full month, but the Russian assault waves never stopped. Constant hours, day after day of Russian bombardment, Russian assaults, everything wore down the trenches. The German High Command, finally, after grueling months of fighting, ordered a General Retreat. Across the front lines, the entirety of the Central Powers were ordered to retreat, save anything and everything at all costs. The price paid, however, was larger than any side could have imagined. German Machine Guns, and Russian Flame Throwers, equipment was lost, but the overall price in lives was unimaginable.
[-2% Equipment from the Central Powers. -1% Equipment from the Russian Empire.]

The tally of lives lost were in, and the list was staggering. While the Central Powers did indeed retreat, the Russian Army was exhausted. There was no possible way for any more action for the rest of the year, giving the Central Powers vital time needed to reconstruct defenses and to shore up their defenses once again. The Russians were badly hit, and they needed to rest.
[-1,404,131 Conscripts from the German Empire. -13,550 Regulars from Latvia, Lithuania, and Estonia. -243,913 Regulars from Byelorussia. -400,297 Conscripts from Byelorussia. -69,206 Conscripts from Latvia. -71,171 Conscripts from Lithuania. -45,631 Conscripts from Estonia. -230,363 Regulars from the Russian Empire. -2,696,244 Conscripts from the Russian Empire.]

The Final Front of War

I may not have been king of this nation for more than a year, but many of you should remember me for commanding in the Albanian War, the Balkan Crisis and the Three Emperor's war. The Three Emperor's war was, in its final year and with the peace treaty, something unfinished - an outcome so inconvenient it could not have led to anything else than war. In the Three Emperor's war, the Balkans front was the final front, the final struggle that awaited either victory or defeat in the eyes of the world, but what was chosen was to simply stop the war and delay the outcome.
This time, Greece will not be too late.
This time, the war will end as it should have.
This time, we shall fight.

The final front awaits, this time, it is the final struggle.
Both myself, and Prime Minister Venizelos have undersigned the Declaration of War to the Central Powers, and Full Mobilisation of the Hellenic Armed Forces is underway, but we will, at least for now refrain from undesigning the Pact of Amiens, thinking that a complete surrender of the German Empire might cause a dangerous power-vacuum in Germany that could implode any second. However, we announce to all signatories of the Pact of Amiens, that we consider them our allies.

The final front awaits, fight bravely, for Greece.

Speech by the President of the Free Turkish State

War embroils this fair continent, however in the year of 1916 in the European Calender our fair political party succeded in implementing all of the promises it made.

This year we will finally finalize the Turkish portion of the Germano-Turkic railroad. However, due to Germanic disinterest in the Turkish Free State and the Balkans in general, the Turkish portion of the Germano-Turkic railroad will be nationalize into the Turkish National Railroad Company (TNRC).

We will also will keep the democratic peace we have fought so hard for. The Turkish Free State declares it's neutrality in this Great War. No foreign wars shall be fought by Turkish soldiers.

Concerning what many countries have been concerned about, the Bosphorus strait shall remain open to those willing to pay the tolls. However, nations at war with Armenia will pay a premium for any shipping in Turkish waters.

Haşim Çiçek - President of the Turkish Free State

7EUFG00Z.jpg

Salve Vittorio Emanuel! Sons and Daughters of Italy, heads of states and governments of Europe and the world, I come to you today to tell you about the glory of his majesty Victor Emmanuel III , King of Italy, King of Sardinia, Marshal of Italy.

Victor Emmanuel is not comparable to any revolutionary figure in history, Revolutionaries have had morals. Victor Emmanuel has none. He is a madman, an immolator, wishful of burning, and slaughter, and sacrificing. Through the ages of world history thousands of leaders and scholars appeared who spoke eloquent words, but these remained but words. Victor Emmanuel, is an exception. Not only has he spoke and taught us, but translated his words into deeds. He created a new country. He showed us the road of joint struggle.. Victor Emmanuel, great man that he is, will live on in the memories of the oppressed peoples through the centuries.

His majesty has played politics with Asian cunning, and has always been a master at concealing his true intention. I am always on my guard with him, He is like a father to me. I am a great admirer of him, and I am not ashamed to say so! I do not say that I agree with all the methods he employed, but he is a wonderful organizer and orator, and I feel that he and I have several things in common. What Europe really needs is are dictators who will rule benevolently, but with an iron hand. He would never allow the people of Slovenia to befall harm as the German cockroaches have claimed because of him loves them as if they were his own children.

The King is the greatest man of action in our century and at the same time the most selfless. Amazing man! Wondering through Italy with his followers day and night, fighting for their goal. What an effort. He has also written beautiful prose and excellent poems. In his honour we shall build a new city in Libya ,a new Rome, where Italian might will reign throughout the land.

All power to His Majesty King Victor Emanuel III, long live Italy, Long live the Military, Long live National Totalism! Death to Germany and it's allies! No surrender! Only war! Nothing but war!

~ Emilio De Bono, Marshal of Italy, Minister of War, Engineer of the human soul on behalf of the people of Italy and it's empire

Last edited:
500px-Flag_of_the_Ukranian_State.svg.png

Brave members of the West Ukrainian National Republic even as we move forward in the little time our small republic has existed our constitution has been written and we are firmly on the road to freedom with our lands. But while the various nationalities of our Republic are now working together to create a brighter future the Enemy within has struck. Poles having a false loyalty to the Galician state and now the Polish Republic have risen up in the Cities of Lviv, Zhovkva, Przemysl and Sanok. I urge all true members of the West Ukrainian National Republic to oppose these oppositionists who seek to destroy us and I encourage inhabitants of our republic to volunteer for the army to help us defeat these forces who oppose everything we stand for.

Chile, first and foremost, applauds the recent declaration of Turkish neutrality; even though it is conditional and largely anti-German in nature, this policy will at least save a few more lives.

On the issue of Poland, the Republic of Chile will not recognize it; whilst this Republic values freedom and self-determination, and, upon the resolution of this war will have no problem with such a recognition, so long as Poland is still embroiled in war with Germany, Chile cannot and will not make any such declaration.

Of one last note, the Italian government seems, every day, less sane; these brutal and apocalyptic madmen who steer the course of that nation have abandoned all reason and their enthusiasm in pursuing this war is most disconcerting.

Last edited:
UCAS.jpg

The Union of Central American States

A world in flames. Millions of lives have been thrown away for what? Land? Nationalism? Every Husband and Son who dies in this conflict leaves behind a family who must go on without them. Disputes between rulers leads to lives being thrown into the gutter. If this continues, I foresee nothing but complete destruction and devastation of the Old world and predict that the survivors will be desperate for peace.

The Union of Central American States is willing to offer her services as a mediator between offers of peace. War and anger begets war and anger. Let us stop this and form a league of nations who wish to work in peace and harmony.

~ , Manuel Estrada Cabrera President of the Union of Central American States

It is both the agreement of myself and the Prime Minister that the Kingdom of Spain advises that, for the welfare of his nation, his people, and his national interests, all national leaders should declare and retain their own neutrality in this war and avoid the devastating destruction that is pervasive across the continent of Europe. I shall also take the action that the President of Chile has taken - that of not recognizing what the rebels in Poland describe as an independent Polish state. Until the independence of this self-proclaimed state is acknowledged and defended by a treaty that also brings an end to this horrible conflict, the Kingdom of Spain shall refrain from recognizing such a rebellion as legitimate.

~ His Royal Majesty Alfonso XIII, King of Spain

((The Spanish-speaking countries will have none of this world war!))

The Swiss Confederation
240px-Flag_of_Switzerland_-_2.svg.png

This year has been one of great progress and much concern. The Black Mesa has finally came through, creating an affordable radio for the masses. This great invention will bring the world closer together and will hopefully lighten the mood in an otherwise bleak world. It is my hope that by this time next year, I shall be able to make this speech through a radio broadcast, not only to the Swiss people, but to much of Europe.

Turning to Europe, this escalating war which surrounds our nation is a cause of huge concern. Europe has again been plunged into a devastating war which shall once again suffocate its people, claim many thousands of lives and set back Europe's development by many years. It's an absolute disgrace that a few men are willing to sacrifice so many for so little. However, we offer hope to those displaced by the war and welcome those who wish to cross into Switzerland for a better life. Finally, as has been the case for many years now, we declare our Neutrality during this conflict.

The Turkish Free State supports the Swiss and the Latin countries in keeping calm and their people safe during this time of violence.

We also wish to congradulate the Swiss on their amazing new invention.

The Free State recognises the Second Polish Republic.

- Haşim Çiçek, President of the Free State of Turkey

UnitedFrenchCommunes.jpg

The United French Communes

The United Communes hereby recognize the Second Polish Republic as the legitimate government and sole representative of the Polish people and welcome them to the community of nations. We extend the hand of friendship to the Polish Republic and offer them our full support in securing the safety and security of their new nation. We condemn the efforts by the German Empire to further oppress and destroy the people of Poland, who have long languished under German misrule and the subsequent imposition of martial law. We note with a certain amount of puzzlement the lack of recognition of this new democratic regime in Poland by certain states who, at least in theory, are strong supporters of democracy and democratic rule. Nevertheless, we shall stand by our new friends and fellow signatories in the Pact of Amiens against German oppression.

~ Alexandre Millerand, Chairman of the Revolutionary Council of the Communes of France

OOC: Shock3r, got your PM.

Thank you very much for reminding me of the fact that I am a Quadi-Facist Nation based on Mayan Nationalism.

<Sarcastic> I didn't realize that! <Sarcastic>

In light of the recent developments in Quebec, my administration has taken upon itself the burden of solving this national dispute stemming from the cultural and linguistic diversity of the Canadian people. I hereby propose this constitutional amendment to the Canadian Parliament and the Canadian people...

-The natural right of the individual to speak, study, and perpetuate any written or spoken language(s) under the sun shall henceforth be officially upheld by the Canadian central government and must be respected by all local and regional governments

-The natural right of the individual to practice, observe, and otherwise adhere to traditional, cultural, and/or historical customs shall not be abridged by the Canadian central government.

-Henceforth, French and English shall become the national languages of Canada

I hope that this amendment will do much to bridge the gap between the French Canadians and British Canadians and will serve as a foundation for future legislation regarding the integration of the indigenous into Canadian society.

--Prime Minister Archambeau--

((so I guess Canada will never become nationalistic.... *sigh*))

OOC: Sorry for the delay for my orders. I'll send them within the next couple hours.

January - December 1917

Europe

The Royal Air Force, in a message to its suppliers, asks them to deliver more Airplanes so that the British Royal Air Force would be able to better equip and handle themselves in the air against any future enemy.
[-3,059,964 £ from the United Kingdom. +10 Fighter Wings to the United Kingdom in 4 turns.]

The British Empire, focused on the modernization and expansion of their Merchant Marine, needed their ports to be expanded before they could be used by both the Military and the Merchant Marine. These new ports would be larger, able to hold more ships at once than ever before, and turn the British Isles into an even more increasing Economic Powerhouse.
[-39,458,416 £ from the United Kingdom. +3 Infrastructure in 5 turns.]

The British Parliament, noticing the relative decline of British Industry compared to the rest of the world, attempted to pass several bills subsiding and creating demand for more Industry, but such direct investment was frowned upon, and while the British tried to frame this industrial buildup because of the War, the lack of fighting made that seem unlikely and nonsensical.
[-305,569,098 £ from the United Kingdom.]

The French Communist Government offered a blanket amnesty to all royalists who would join the cause against Germany. Many officers and soldiers of the French Red Army mistook this as a ruse to gain the traitors’ trust. This had tragic consequences when thousands upon thousands of former royalists were executed after coming to join the French Army. All remaining royalists in France began to flee for neutral safe havens; Switzerland and Spain were popular destination. Amidst the chaos of the post-revolutionary wartime state, most were able to escape. Royalists are now all vehemently anti-communist, and there is not much chance for any conversion.
[Royalists Exiled or Executed.]

France was able to make great strides in the fields of small arms, where the French soldiers received new equipment on par with their German counterparts. This included modern bolt-action rifles, machine guns and grenades, as well as improvements to French light artillery pieces. French light artillery was now the fastest firing and hardest hitting in the world.
[-6,430,000,000₣ from France. +1 Army Level to France in 1 turn.]

French industry was halted by a massive strike, as the workers were asking for much more than the temporary managements could provide. The French government would need to act carefully in dealing with this, as favouring either side too heavily could have disastrous consequences. As such, vital war materiel was not being produced in 1917. The strikers have issued statements that they will return to work if the war persists for another year.
[French Workers in War Industry on Strike for 1 turn.]

The French Army was able to convert much of their conscript force into regulars. However, this meant that they would temporarily need to be taken behind the lines and refitted for regular duty and combat.
[-553,000,000₣ from France. -300,000 Conscripts from France. +300,000 Regulars in 1 turn to France.]

After weeks of secret operations, men from France are seen to be secretly crossing the border into Belgium and then into Germany, with no one knowing what they are up to...

Across Elsass-Lothringen, the French Army of Liberation begins an attack across the front-lines, massing their recently conscripted forces as the main attack, with the Army of Liberation staying in the rear. The Germans, which had been fortifying Elsass using their army, building up the defenses and making sure the trenches were fully manned and able to hold the line, stood watch, waiting for the French to attack. When they finally did, trench warfare ensued, with charge and countercharge taking place, endlessly, creating nothing but fields of bodies and blood. Every few days, a peace was called just so that the bodies could be dragged off the field.
[-91,195 Regulars from Germany. -379,482 Conscripts from Germany. -642,167 Conscripts from France.]

After the bloody stalemate on the front, the Army of Liberation launches what seems to be a desperate and deadly frontal assault on Elsass-Lothringen. Thinking that this was indeed the French Army, the German Garrisons pour out of their locations, wanting to smash the French Army once and for all. This created a pocket of soldiers, surging out across the frontlines. The jubilant Germans, now certain that they would make it to Paris within a few weeks, kept charging forward for a few days, until they noticed that suddenly, the French Army was gone. Making camp, the German Army, now void of defenses, suddenly became surrounded. In all directions but the rear of the Army, did the French suddenly and quickly attack the Germans. It seemed to be the full force of the French Army crashing down upon the Germans, cutting off many of them from the front, and tearing into them. The frantic Germans, now caught in a full retreat back toward Elsass, were shocked at such developments; they had no idea that the French had so many men and a bloodbath ensued as army chased army, when a series of terrible explosions ripped through the defenses of Elsass, killing thousands of German defenders. The French, seizing the opportunity, surged across the border, attempting to invade directly into Western Germany. However, the German units in reserve, fresh and ready to fight, surged into battle, pushing back the French, and closing the gap, but leaving a very large vulnerable section of the defenses unmanned.
[-36,137 Regulars from Germany. -324,463 Conscripts from Germany. -216,309 Regulars from France. -455,378 Conscripts from France.]

800px-German_infantry_1914_HD-SN-99-02296.JPEG

German Soldiers charge to fill in the gap made by French Soldiers in the Battle of Dieuze.

In the Kingdom of the Netherlands, the Queen gives a stirring speech about the power of neutrality, and the need for the Dutch to stay neutral in this conflict.
[+1 Stability to the Netherlands.]

In the Kingdom of Spain, the Spanish Army, which had not been active in recent years, burst into relevance in 1917 when they announced the creation of a new and impressive two-man machine gun for usage by the Spanish Army. It was hoped that this would help the Spanish Kingdom grow and develop alongside her neighbours and fellow European powers.
[-504,923,660 ₧ from Spain. +2 Army Levels to Spain.]

In the cities of Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla, and Valencia, the Spanish Government ordered the creation of a series of Highways and Roadways, running along current Railroads, and designed to improve the lives of Spanish Citizens as well as the economy of the Spanish Kingdom. Work was projected to take some time, but the end result would be beneficial to the country.
[-308,391,117 ₧ from Spain. +2 Infrastructure Levels in 2 turns.]

The Hispano-Suiza Company, after some time of prodding along, produced a new and valuable aircraft engine for the Kingdom of Spain. It was certain that this new engine, put into an aircraft, would ensure Spain’s place a seat at the Great Powers Table simply by the strength and magnificence of their Air Power.
[-507,239,887 ₧ from Spain. +6 Air Levels to Spain in 1 turn.]

340-1.jpg

The Hispano-Suiza AtbL8 Aircraft, the Pride of the Kingdom of Spain.

In Northern Italy, celebrations and fanfare for the King of Italy bursts through the Empire. Statues of the King are put up around the nation, and a new way to greet people, and salute the King at the same time. The King ordered the old Roman Salute to be the standard for greeting other people and government officials. Every Italian civilian fully supported the King and the cause of Italy.

In Southern Italy, the King asks his good citizens to construct munitions factories, in places he hand picked. However, many of these locations were vastly historic, and suddenly, what seemed to be an eye-opening moment, the people of Southern Italy became enraged, and support for the King was at an all time low. The King, however, would have nothing of it, and then had the Army destroy several factories as retribution against the Sicilians, and establish a reign of terror in Southern Italy. A few days later, floating bodies are found off the coast of Bosnia...
[-4 Industry from Italy. Southern Italy close to rioting.]

The Italian Military, reeling from the current war, decided to work on its military doctrine, observing the recent advancements in the war. They also called for the creation of Storm Trooper Battalions, which would be able to help breakthrough the German Army easier, and be focused on a shock technique.
[-1,338,329,809 ₤ from Italy. +1 Army Level in 3 turns.]

The King of Italy orders Aerei Italiani to be formed, which would become the central command of the Italian Air Force. While it would take a few years for this to come into fruition and be effective enough to be used in combat, it would be a huge advancement for the Italian Kingdom. The King also ordered factories to be built to make airplanes for Italy, but the proposed location was in Southern Italy, and no ground could be cleared long enough for construction.
[-893,250,999 ₤ from Italy. +4 Air Levels to Italy in 2 turns.]

In the Mediterranean Sea, Italian Ships reported that German Unterseeboots in the area of the Adriatic Sea. After a short confrontation, the German vessels were able to take out a few Italian targets, before retreating northwards, presumably to Trieste.
[-2 Small Ships from the Italian Adriatic Fleet.]

Fighting between the German Empire and the Kingdom of Italy fires up as the Spring comes upon the people of Southern Europe. The Germans, stationed in the Alps, noticed that they were massing for an attack. The force was undoubtedly much smaller than the Germans, but the Italians seemed sure and triumphant of victory. Fighting raged on between the two Armies, as careless mistakes were made by both sides. The Italians, which were nimble, were able to take huge hits upon the German Army. However, one weak Italian Regiment in the Southern region of fighting, finally broke, suffering near 90% casualties. Taking the initiative, the German Army quickly broke through the gap, and was able to envelope more Italians. The frontline began to crumble, as the Italians took ever increasing casualties. The regiments knew that they would stand their ground, but the cost was getting too high. The Italian Army was suffering near 80% Casualties, and they simple broke. The Entire frontline collapsed as they ran away from the Germans, who seemed to be highly victorious. This constant retreat, not being able to stop, a force wildly outnumbered, would anger the King, but they could do nothing of it. Further and further they were pushed, until the entire Italian Army was outside the gates of Venice. Here is where they took their stand, deploying thousands of mines, thousands of canisters of gas, artillery shots filled with forks, anything and everything they could to stop the Germans. Finally, on the 19th of November, 1917 - the Italian Army evacuated Venice using the Italian Navy, which was forced to retreat and station themselves to the South. The Germans, weak but victorious, were at the borders of Venice. Slowly but surely, they began to enter the lagoon, and were projected to reach the city by the New Year. The German High Command started to hope for a quick end to the War, before their armies bleed out.
[-110,608 Regulars from Germany. -629,564 Conscripts from Germany. -414,782 Conscripts from Italy. -3% Equipment from Italy. +1% Equipment to Germany.]

alpinoemuloe.jpg

Italian Alpino retreating from the front

The Swiss Confederation, in looking to better their armies capabilities when matched up to the other nations of Europe, attempt to introduce radios to the armed forces, and wished for the creation and expansion of radio towers in the nation. The Swiss Military, on the other hand, refused to adopt these things into the Army, saying it would burdensome and only sped up communications by a small amount, something they would not waste money on.

The Construction of Dams across Switzerland is completed by the Army Engineer Corps, and while they started to produce electricity for the people, there were no power lines to the rest of the nation. It would take another few years for the Army Engineer Corps to finish wiring up the nation, but when they did, every house in Switzerland would have electric power.
[-1,525,112,453 S₣ from Switzerland. +6 Infrastructure Levels in 3 turns.]

Around the Black Mesa Research Facility, a new town, simply called "Mesa" is founded. While it was small, it quickly became the centre and hub of everything intelligent in Europe. While the War raged across the continent, Switzerland became the capitol for intelligentsia and high-knowledge professors from around the world, claiming to have a better set of professionals than the United States.
[+500 Base Income to Switzerland.]

Guglielmo Marconi, enticed by the Black Mesa Research Facility to move to Mesa, agrees and heads for his new, luxurious home. The Swiss Government also purchases his patents for a hefty sum of money, but it would pay off in the long run, as Marconi would work with Black Mesa on their continuing projects, and it also helped the Swiss Government consolidate their control over the European Radio Market.
[-225,112,453 S₣ from Switzerland. +300 Base Income to Switzerland.]

In the Kingdom of Sweden, the Government increases its called for new industry to be erected around the country to attempt to help modernize the country more. The call goes unheeded and no new industry is created.

The good Swedish King Gustav, not deterred by the lack of industrial advancement in his nation, ordered the advancement of the nation’s Air Force. While Sweden had little experience in this matter, they asked experts from abroad to help them. It was projected in a year that the Kingdom of Sweden would be able to claim a better ability to have an airforce.
[-94,632,448 kr from Sweden. +2 Air Levels to Sweden in 1 turn.]

The Swedish Government, in an effort to reform their debt, form a commision to reorganize their debt. Swedish Politicians were scared of a so called “Fiscal Cliff” that Sweden would go over soon, and in a show of support for the country, the Swedish Riksdag banded together and was able to pass a bill that focused on paying down the debt, and Sweden was expected to be debt-free by 1920.
[200,000,000 kr removed from Debt each year until 1920.]

The Swedish Police attempt to recover some of the money that was stolen from the Kingdom, and are moderately successful as some money is returned to the Government’s coffers.
[+200,000,000 Gold to Sweden.]

As 1917 dawned, the Royal Navy, the pride of the British Empire, matched by none other across the Seas touching Europe, the Engine of the World Economy for years, the sole reason that Britain was made Great, was put into action in the North Sea. The Home Fleet steamed away from Portsmouth, and the Grand Fleet steamed away from Scapa Flow, ready to enact their blockade of the German Empire, hoping to bring her to her knees. However, the wireless transmitted the list of banned materials, and a copy of it was sent to Berlin. The German Empire, which only imported foodstuffs and some consumer goods, and little military goods, saw little impact on its economy. Quick to take this up, the German Empire ordered masses and masses of non-war materials, all things that were searched by the British Navy, and they let pass.
[German Stockpiles of Food, Clothes, other Non-War Materials for 2 Years.]

Along with this, the Kaiserliche Marine sent out small squads of Ships to search out and destroy small sections of the blockading force. Although larger ships were always nearby, the Germans were able to declare a limited success in keeping a hole big enough to let some war materials flow through, either by sinking or chasing away some of the smaller British Ships. The German Empire declared 1917 a complete success, with the Blockade not affecting commerce in the least bit.
[-10 Small Ships from German High Seas Fleet. -5 Small Ships from British Atlantic Fleet.]

In the Baltic, the German High Seas Fleet moves to set up a blockade of the Russian Empire. While the Baltic itself did not account for much, the German Submarine Fleet, which had been able to slip past the blockade without disturbing it, begun to destroy allied shipping going to Murmansk. All ships flying the flags of the Belligerent nations were targets of the Unterseeboot Campaign. These U-Boats were devastating to Russian supplies coming in from the Atlantic, and the Russian Economy shrugged a bit from it.
[Partial Blockade of the Russian Empire.]

U-20.jpg

A German U-Boat raiding in the North Sea.

The German government’s efforts to create a compact machine gun for infantry use failed spectacularly in 1917, when the MP17 exploded during combat. Hundreds of soldiers died as these prototypes killed their users, as the barrels were fitted backwards on some of the models. Other models simply burst spontaneously into flame, creating a huge backlash against the idea of a compact machine gun. The idea has now been declared infeasible by the German High Command.
[-40,000,000ℳ from Germany. -1 Stability from Germany. High Command leery of New Sub Machineguns.]

The German High Command also managed to get aircraft designers to create a working military aircraft, and ordered an entire wing of these fighters. The unit was to be named ‘Jagdgeschwader 1’, and its future looked bright as the cream of the Imperial Air Academy joined her ranks, including Manfred von Richtofen and Hermann Goering.
[-4,700,000ℳ from Germany. +2 Fighter Wings in 1 turn to Germany.]

Germany’s previous efforts at creating a reliable, mobile and well-armed armoured car had been stymied previously by a lack of horsepower, or proper design techniques. That changed in 1917, when Ferdinand Porsche, the Krupp Corporation and BMW came together to create one impeccable prototype for Germany’s first armoured car. The vehicle is still in early stages of development, but the German army can expect armoured cars in the near future.
[-1,550,000,000ℳ from Germany. +2 Army Levels in 2 turns to Germany.]

The German occupation of Bohemia seemed to be going fine, with General Remus von Woyrsch having no problem keeping the supply lines open between Germany and the occupying army, A few attacks were warded off, but it never constituted to much. It became so little of a problem, that the German Army simply stopped importing water for their army. This, is where the Bohemians struck. Slipping into the camps at night, under the guise of Pro-German water carriers, they delivers gallons and gallons of water, all of which were laced with various poisons, all of this was unknown to the Germans, who simply drank away.

It was only a few days until the effects hit one camp. Although it was a small camp of a few thousand soldiers, suddenly a few of them went mad, firing off their weapons and attacks each other. This sudden commotion brought nearby camps to arms, and they all rushed in to help both sides, all the while thinking this was some sort of Bohemian attack. Germans mistook Germans for Bohemians and suddenly the occupation force was fighting with each other, all because of a small camp that went insane. It wasn’t for a good few days that finally, the Germans realised they were firing upon each other when General von Woyrsch stepped in to take command and noticed half the Army missing. It was then that order was restored, and the occupation continued as normal. The Bohemians who did this, however, were never heard from again, vanished into the night to continue to plot deeds against the Germans.
[-196,442 Conscripts from Germany.]

Bohemian fairy tales and epics of heroism begin circulating the country, banding together the Czech population of the nascent Kingdom. Germans living in the Sudetenland are also beginning to be wooed by the plight of the Czechs, and popular opinion is moving gradually away from Grossdeutschland towards cohesion with the other inhabitants of Bohemia.
[Popular sentiment everywhere in Bohemia-Moravia becoming favourable to the Czechs]

The Hungarian Welfare Agency, designed to help the poor, sick, and the hungry, is quickly overrun by war refugees and the impoverished. Money for the project quickly dries up, taking the entirety of the National Bank with them. With the sudden lack of money, the Hungarian People begin to riot in the streets for bread, clamoring for a return to the Danubian Federation, where they had a voice in the Government, had food on their tables, stable jobs, and heard birds in the morning, not Artillery shells.
[-197,875,830 ₱ from Hungary. -1 Stability from Hungary.]

The Hungarian Army, getting desperate for more manpower, calls for Women to join the Army to fight for their country. This unpopular move is scoffed at by the people, as discontent amongst the peoples of the nation continued at this costly war. However, soldiers are drafted into the Army, especially the few-thousand strong “Budapest Maids”, a regiment of women who would fight valiantly on the front. However, it became clear that the People’s Republic was running out of men as well as women.
[+196,086 Conscripts to Hungary.]

The constant barrage of propaganda about Germany and Romania overwhelms the Hungarian Press and daily life. It does little to help though, considering most people are off at the frontlines fighting the war. The only ones remaining are those who cannot fight, and those who have yet to be drafted by the Government. While all the Hungarians have a deep hatred for the Germans and Romanians, it does little to help with the manpower shortage.

Even so, the Hungarian Army moved against the remaining elements of the White Army in the nation, and was able to crush the resistance, capturing or killing all but a few hundred Whites. This massive assault also came from the recklessness of the Hungarians, who forced themselves past any types of traps, and just kept hitting the White Army. In the end, many questioned if it was even worth it. But, in the end, counter-revolutionaries were no longer a problem for the Hungarian Army.
[-10,903 Regulars from Hungary. -232,382 Conscripts from Hungary. White Army eliminated.]

Along the Magyar-German front, the Hungarians, feeling confident over the victory of the White Army, which they felt would be the killer against Germany, dug in confidently, waiting for the German assaults. Erich von Falkenhayn, commander of the German Army in charge of the assault, demanded that no matter the cost in German lives, the Hungarians would be destroyed. What was soon to be called the Great Budapest March, the German Army, with knowledge of the land area, quickly was able to swamp the defenses of the Hungarians, who started a general retreat after not having enough time to dig in anywhere else. The Germans constantly pushed the Hungarians, leaving them only a day or two to rest. General von Falkenhayn would hear nothing of dissent or weakness, or slowing down. A constant driving force smashed the Hungarians, as on December 20th, they entered Budapest, and declared it a frontline city, where the Germans finally gave them time to prepare - a whole four days, before the assault started once again. By the end of the year, it was inconclusive.
[-19,888 Regulars from Hungary. -289,423 Conscripts from Hungary. -67,342 Regulars from Germany. -262,648 Conscripts from Germany.]

443px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-2004-0023%2C_Erich_von_Falkenhayn.jpg

General Erich von Falkenhayn of the German Army.

In Transylvania, the Romanian Army continued to move against Hungarian positions, which had begun to dig into the earth, in an attempt to try and save themselves from the horrors of the war. Fighting along this front was severe and gruesome. Gasses released, artillery shells slamming down upon men having meals, a carnage and a wasteland. By the time fighting settled down and stopped at such a frantic pace for the winter months, neither army had moved a single inch.
[-18,173 Regulars from Hungary. -387,331 Conscripts from Hungary. -83,112 Regulars from Romania. -234,461 Conscripts from Romania.]

The call was again put out for regulars in the West Ukrainian Republic, however most of the people didn’t really care about the war, so only one person signed up for the army. His name is George.
[+1 Regular (George)]

The Ukrainians also work to import weapons and war material from Germany. This effort is largely successful, though several shipments do mysteriously disappear. Efforts are also made to expand the nation’s feeble capacity to make war.
[+20% Equipment, +1 Industry, -59,631,239 ₴]

Also of note was the speech made by the Ukrainian Prime Minister calling for unity and a common course action to unite his nation. And reclaim its natural borders...
[+1 Stability]

The ongoing war with the Polish in the West Ukrainian Republic turns out to be nothing more than a stalemate, with neither side moving much along the small front.
[-1,536 Regulars from West Ukraine. -1,835 Regulars from Poland.]

The Polish Provisional Council, headed up by Jozef Pilsudski ordered that all industries were to become weapons factories. Polish industry, however, was already heavily geared to these enterprises, and the few that weren’t were to prove necessary to their efforts anyhow.
[War gearing has no effect]

The Polish government’s issuance of posters and small gatherings to hear speeches succeeded spectacularly. The Poles were beginning to realise the extent of their struggle against the Germans, and all called for total independence. Everywhere in Poland, men were arming themselves for the struggle to take place over the coming years. Everyone had a burning patriotic fire heavy in their hearts.
[Patriotism strong in Poland]

The Polish forces, moving away from the city into the countryside, attempt to get more people to rise up with them, to join their cause, but every farmhouse they go to, every small village they hear the same things. They are scared that the Germans, who have a tight control over the area, will punish them for revolt. Several people even start to shoot the Polish Army, not wanting to be involved and just wanting to live their lives in peace, away from the war, subjects of whatever country won’t hurt them.
[-462 Regulars from Poland.]

Fighting between the Polish and the German Army intensifies as the German Army surged into the cities, under brutal street to street fighting. The Polish Army had advanced knowledge of the cities, while the Germans were used to the cities in Germany. The German Army was able to recapture a lot of the cities, but the main city, Warsaw, as well as the Galician countryside, remained firmly under Polish control, and they even expanded their influence.
[-96,296 Conscripts from Poland. -112,435 Conscripts from Germany.]

As the Russian war machine rumbled into action against the Germans and the Baltic nations, the Tsar put out a call for volunteers to defend Russian values and restore the Empire to glory by return the lost Baltic territories to the motherland. Hundreds of thousands of young men answered the call, eager to prove masculinity and show their patriotism.
[+377,988 Regulars to the Russian Empire. -103,744,093 руб from the Russian Empire.]

The Russian High Command was eager to avoid the equipment problems of the last war and hence spent lavishly on the construction of new factories to supply the Russian war machine. The High Command order the construction of several new factories in Nizhny-Novgorod and Samara.
[+20 Industry in 2 turns to the Russian Empire. +20% Equipment to the Russian Empire. -400,142,586 руб from the Russian Empire.]

Rzhev.jpg

One of the locations selected for the construction of the new factories.

In Eastern Romania, Bessarabia to be exact, the Russian Empire launched a full-scale invasion of the country, in an attempt to subdue it and knock it out of the war quickly. What the Russian Empire did not expect, were the numbers of soldiers already stationed there, with their own assault in mind. The Russians were able to catch the Romanians off guard. Although the Romanians outnumbered the Russians, the Russians were fierce, and struck hard. Wave after Wave of Russians met unprepared and scared Romanians, until they broke and ran. What was supposed to be the first invasion force, crumbled beneath the Russian Empire’s surprise attack.
[-11,473 Regulars from Russia. -43,419 Conscripts from Russia. -28,582 Regulars from Romania. -108,783 Conscripts from Romania.]

However, the Russians pressed their luck. They plunged deeper into Bessarabia, hoping to capture or kill the remainder of the Romanian Army. Their goal was to break Romania, and knock it out of the war. Little did they know, that their success in May would soon turn to bad luck. The Russian Army, camping after a long day’s march, heard some noises coming from beyond a small ridge. Not thinking much of it, they ignored it, confident they could deflect anything. Until the shots rang out. Over the top of the ridge, elements of the Romanian, German, and Bulgarians Armies surged towards the Russians, catching them off guard, dazed and confused. The Central Powers’ Army continued its wave, capturing and killing many Russians. The surprise attack called for a retreat by the Russians, as they broke and ran for the safety of their own country. It was too late though, a small detachment of Germans moved forward and cut off the escape, trapping the rest of the Russian Army in Bessarabia, resulting in the whole army’s surrender to the Central Powers.
[-88,527 Regulars from Russia. -156,581 Conscripts from Russia. -23,575 Conscripts from Germany. -1,493 Conscripts from Bulgaria. -9,532 Conscripts from Romania.]

The Central Powers, now unopposed, began their march into the Ukraine. With no Russian Army to stop them, and only local garrisons and partisans to hold them back, they reached the banks of Dnieper River by Autumn, and worked on consolidating their gains, ensuring a link to Germany was made, and that supply lines would stay open. There was more resistance than expected from Russians Partisans, but overall the people of Ukraine were mostly submissive to the Germans as they took a large amount of control over undefended Russian territory.
[-69,706 Conscripts from Germany.]

The Russian Empire, seeing parts of their country ripped away, quickly send out a desperate call for more soldiers. Russian-speaking soldiers from the Eastern part of the Ukraine take this call to arms, and flock to the Army of the Russian Empire, to try and defend the Ukraine from invasion.
[+430,308 Conscripts to Russia.]

The Balkans/Near East

The Serbian Government, in coordination with Arms industries abroad as well as domestically, work in cooperation to arm the Serbian Army with better weapons and to allow Serbia to act more aggressively in their campaign against the Bosnians.
[+1 Army Level to Serbia. +20% Equipment to Serbia. -817,847,757 РСД from Serbia.]

The Serbian Government, looking to expand its war-making capabilities, focused on homefront, expanding the amount of traffic the roads and railways could handle. This would help, in the end, with both Transportation of Civilian Goods, and Military Traffic.
[+2 Infrastructure Levels to Serbia in 1 turn. -116,474,681 РСД from Serbia.]

Attempts to fund separatist groups in Serbia falls through as the money is taken by Serbian groups in Serbia to feed themselves and to help better their own towns. Although this was supposed to go to Serbs in Bosnia, it was reinvested, and did help the Serbian economy, ever so slightly.
[-89,984 РСД from Serbia. +100 Base Income to Serbia.]

The Serbian government, in an attempt to increase the revenue of the state, ordered that tax rates be increased by a marginal amount. Sadly, a misplaced decimal point caused taxes to rise a miniscule amount, barely bringing in more revenue.
[+0.05% Tax Rate to Serbia.]

The Serbian Army announces its figures for this year’s mobilization, and it was quite a good round of men drafted into the Army, ready and willing to fight for Serbia.
[+134,115 Conscripts to Serbia.]

The Serbian Armed Forces, which was concentrated along the entire front with the Bosnian Army, is able to repeal a Bosnian counter-offensive, at a high price paid, but they were able to repulse the Bosnians enough to charge even more into the landscape, taking vast swaths of territory, as the Bosnian Army was forced to run due to massive losses in men from the counter-offensive.
[-194,536 Conscripts from Serbia.]
Vojska_Ada_Ciganlija.jpg

Serbian Soldiers waiting for attack during the Bosnian counter-offensive.

The Serbian Navy attempts to set up a blockade of the Bosnian coast, but the British Royal Navy was steaming for them, and a quick diplomatic exchange between officers of the Royal Navy and officers of the Serbian Navy was completed, letting the British Navy steam past the blockade.
[-50,000,000 Gold from the United Kingdom. +50,000,000 Gold to Serbia.]

In Northern Croatia, near the German border, a small contingent of Bosnian soldiers stand guard, fearing a Serbian invasion by sea. What they find is far worse, with Italian landing ships landing en masse. They quickly overran the Bosnians, and set up a small camp a little inland. They did not know, however, that they would soon lost connection with Italian High Command.
[-12,554 Regulars from Italy.]

Following this force, was supposed to be a much larger landing force. Knowing that the first Army lost contact with High Command, they thought that this camp was a German Camp, which captured the Italians. In the dead of night, the second invasion force launched a surprise attack on the first invasion force. Italians killing Italians, with both sides thinking the other side were Germans. The battle itself lasted a good month, until the first invasion force broke through, and drove the second one to the sea. In a scramble to get back in the boats to safety, a few of the troop-ships went down, and bodies littered the Adriatic Sea, thousands upon thousands of dead Italian soldiers.
[-56,508 Regulars from Italy. -492,250 Conscripts from Italy.]

When the two armies finally found out about what had happened, shock and awe reverberated across the Italian Army. Blatantly ignoring the orders of High Command, the shocked and weary Army simply couldn’t carry out any assault at all, and build fortifications and a makeshift base in Croatia, and buried their dead while trying to sort out this misunderstanding.

The Turkish Free State, eager to assert more control over its domain, nationalizes the section of the Berlin-Babylon Railway that still runs through Turkey. While this was mostly a token gesture, the Turkish Railway Company is established, with it as its centrepiece. This new company was able to make the trains run closer to schedule than ever before, making the people very happy.
[+1 Stability to Turkey. +200 Base Income to Turkey.]

The first National Census of the Turkish Free State is conducted, and the results will be ready by next year. However, it was already known that the population was higher than what they had on record, and this meant that an increase in tax revenue was more than certain next year, as well as social services being expanded to these people. These two factors would help better the country as a whole, moving it forward, away from the days of the Ottoman Empire.
[+500 Base Income in 1 turn to Turkey.]

The Turkish Central Arms Board is founded, creating prints, patents, and factories for the Turkish Army to produce all of its weapons at home, so it is not dependent on any other nation for arms in case of a war, and could properly defend itself. A few of these new weapons were the Yılan mk I. Pistol, the Iğne mk I. Rifle, and the Aslan mk I. 20 Pounder Cannon.
[-781,978,588 T£ from Turkey. +3 Army Levels to Turkey in 2 turns. +25% Equipment to Turkey.]

th

Turkish Soldiers field testing the new Turkish Cannons.

Troop transports full of Italian soldiers steams toward Greece, ready to help defend their new ally against the might of the Central Powers. While on the way, a periscope is seen on the horizon, and suddenly a ferocious wave rips through the decks of an Italian ship, tearing a huge gash in the side of the ship. A converted liner, the ship did not have the armour needed to withstand such a blast, and off the coast of North Epirus, the Italian ship sank, bringing soldiers down with it. Each convoy that passed, the German U-Boats were able to terrorize and sink some ships, drowning more and more soldiers that were destined for Greece. Most of them do arrive, and are mustered into service, under command of the Greek High Command.
[-12,584 Conscripts from Italy. -3 Small Ships from the Mediterranean Fleet.]

The Greek Army orders a mobilization of their armed forces, to combat the threat that they are facing against the Central Powers, and Bulgaria in particular, a large number of soldiers are called into the Army.
[+147,011 Conscripts to Greece.]

The newly established air complex is ordered to roll out its first Armed Reconnaissance Aircraft (ARA), but the first designs do go wrong, and another year of testing would be needed before it could be deemed safe, and another year after that before it could be put into use.
[+1 Fighter Wing to Greece in 2 turns. +2 Air Levels to Greece in 2 turns. -256,972,645 ₯ from Greece.]

The Greek Army, focused on training and making sure they could fight the war, ordered new helmets to be manufactured for the entire Army, and for all the soldiers who would soon enter the Army. This improved the ability of the Greek soldier to work and fight under conditions of large battles.
[-332,755,448 ₯ from Greece. +2 Army Levels to Greece in 1 turn.]

In an attempt to raise some money, the Greek Government sells off some unwanted and unneeded land. However, not much was sold and none of it sold for a very high price.
[+194,637,574 ₯ to Greece.]

Attempts by the Greek government to purchase large amounts of artillery from abroad or at home fail, as all the domestic makers are focused on helmets, and many people refused to even attempt to sail through the U-Boat infested waters of the Mediterranean.

The Greek Army, having gained new recruits, consolidate on the border with Bulgaria, waiting to fend off any oncoming Bulgarian attacks. The Italian soldiers also wait with the smaller Greek Army, ready to help fight the Bulgarians. However, even with all of this preparation, coordination between the Greeks and the Italians is strained.

The Greco-Italian forces attempt to land and occupy the island of Thasos, but German U-Boats in the area prevent much travel to the island, and the landing parties that do get there are killed or captured by the local garrisoning soldiers.
[-3 Small Ships from Greece. -2,532 Conscripts from Greece. -12,746 Conscripts from Italy.]

The Greek High Command, receiving an order from the Greek Government to go on an all out assault against the Bulgarians, decided to investigate the situation on the ground before acting. The Greek Generals, not wanting to waltz into a death trap, notice that they have supremely good advantage with natural barriers and borders, and order the Greeks and the Italians to construct a series of complex defenses to hold out against any Bulgarian assaults. If Bulgaria wanted to break the Greco-Italian lines, it would be bloody and near impossible.

National elections in Armenia took place, heralding the formation of a new government. The upstart party, the National Military Party, which favoured war with those holding Armenian land and a direct threat to Armenia, was elected by sweeping majorities. The opposition, a loose coalition of three parties, took only 35% of the seats. The largest of those parties, Free Armenia, a left-wing party, issued statements calling for peace and prosperity, and was willing to work with the National Military Party. They rejected such calls and ordered full-speed ahead on Military Programs.
[+1 Army Level to Armenia in 1 turn. -485,931,536 Դ from Armenia. +1 Stability to Armenia]

The new government mandated a new series of taxes be levied to help with the national economy, as well as to fund the Armenian war machine, which was slowly being built from the ground up. But the economy was more important, and the Party felt that having a robust economy meant that the government should have some money to work with. The resulting influx of money was greatly accepted by the Armenian Government. However, poor infrastructure meant some citizens never had to pay any taxes. The actual revenue fell far short of expected revenue, but they kept the policies in place.
[Tax Rate set to 4%]

A large shipment of British arms and weapons steam into an Armenian port, and unload their goods. Agreements are signed, and the two nations affirm that this shipment was complete, bolstering the Armenian army.
[-30,000,000 Gold from Britain. +20% Equipment to Armenia.]

The National Welfare Administration is established by the National Military Party, with the intention of giving basic goods and needs to all citizens of Armenia. Other projects, like nation-wide water works, electricity grids, and other needed public safety and utility works were laid down, at massive expenses to the Armenian Government. It would take a year to establish basic services in the cities, three years for the outskirts of the cities, and five years for the entire country.
[-2,839,926,897 Դ from Armenia. +5 Infrastructure Levels in 1 turn. +10 Infrastructure Levels in 3 turns. +5 Infrastructure levels in 5 turns.]

The Armenian Army, training for their war with the Central Powers, engages and gains advanced knowledge and gear for fighting in the climate and the terrain of Ukraine and Western Russia. This was, however, at an expense of their mountain fighting capabilities.
[+2 Army Levels to Armenia if fighting in Western Russia. -2 Army Levels to Armenia if fighting in Mountains.]

Also that year, the National Economic Development Act was also passed, putting regulations on the Banking Industry to make it more efficient, and laying the groundwork for a new Industrial Revolution in Armenia. While Public Works was underway, the National Industrial Administration was founded, overseeing the creation and guiding of the construction of new Industry in the Country.
[-962,883,624 Դ from Armenia. +25 Industry to Armenia.]

In Iraq, geologists who were tasked with looking for oil for the country’s benefit to export, find a large underground deposit of petroleum after seeing some black oil bubbling up in a small pool in the desert. A structure is quickly built, and oil started to flow out daily. To realise the full economic potential of it though, it needed a good transport system to the sea.
[+500 Base Income to Iraq. +1,000 Base Income to Iraq if Infrastructure for Oil is built.]

584px-Baba_Gurgur.jpg

An oil gusher in Kirkuk District, Northern Iraq.

Across Iraq, schools are ordered to be built and students ordered to attend them. While some people did protest this move, the educations levels of Iraqi citizens shot up, with hundreds more learning to read and write, making them more productive members of society.
[+5% Education Level to Iraq. +5% Education Level to Iraq in 2 turns. -92,629,351 د.ع from Iraq.]

Along with this new education reform, the Academia of the nation took the Arabic Alphabet, and used a form of the International Phonetic Alphabet, to Latinize the Iraqi Alphabet. This would make things easier to translate for other cultures and it was designed to create a unique identity for all Iraqi citizens, and a distinct Iraqi Culture.
[+20 Prestige to Iraq. -42,536,486 د.ع from Iraq. (1/3) on Progress with the Iraqi Alphabet.]

Attempts to streamline and rid the country of corruption fail, as the man in charge of getting rid of corrupt officials was one of the most notorious ones himself. After several non-corrupt officials were fired, the official himself was executed for crimes against the state. The country mourned the loss of this man, and was angry at his execution.
[-1 Stability from Iraq.]

Palestinian volunteers in Syria are hugely successful, with the soldiers taking orders in Damascus to head north, to where they were able to stop the assault of the Iraqi Army, which had intended on breaking through in the northern part of the Country.
[-11,737 Regulars from Palestine. -9,390 Regulars from Iraq.]

In the People’s Republic of Palestine, which was founded on the ideals of a Socialist form of Government that leaned heavily towards Communism, a general plea was enacted to the Jewish People around the world to come to Palestine, to enjoy their ancestral homeland. This is a success, but many wonder where this will go in the future.
[+2% Growth Rate to Palestine]

In Jaffa, the Palestinian Government attempts to order the construction of several Factories falls on deaf ears, as they are mostly ignored, and the Jewish community takes the money, only to invest it into creating the City of Tel Aviv, on the outskirts of Jaffa.
[+1 Industry to Palestine. -40,854,881 ل.ل from Palestine.]

A general call for factories to be built around the nation, and not just in Jaffa, is met with better success. In the cities of Jerusalem and Gaza, factories begin to pop up amongst the desert landscape, helping the industrial output of the nation as whole.
[+10 Industry to Palestine. -408,548,821 ل.ل from Palestine.]

Last edited:
North America

With the formation of the new Canadian government under Prime Minister Archambeau and the establishment of a constitutional amendment guaranteeing cultural rights for the French-speaking citizens of Quebec, the unrest in eastern Canada dwindles to a low murmur of discontent. While the Quebecois remain suspicious of the government in general, they seem to be willing to drop their plans to secede for the time being.
[+1 Stability to Canada.]

In the United States, General Motors is the recipient of a government contract for a new, high-powered motor designed specifically for large-scale mining equipment. After several months’ prototyping, the GM design is unveiled before a Congressional hearing, featuring a full 50% increase in output power over previous models. The new drill motor is immediately adopted by all the major mining companies and will, in time, contribute greatly to the exploitation of the United States’ mineral resources.
[-$400,000,000 to the United States, +2,000 Base Income to the United States in 2 turns]

In the summer of 1917, the United States Congress passes the National Engineering Education Act, creating a significant federal grant for the establishment of engineering colleges in all of the fifty states. These new colleges provide for the teaching of valuable professional skills in all the fields of engineering, including civil engineering and electrical engineering. This results in a significant boost to the population of skilled laborers the United States can draw upon.
[-$612,978,741 from the United States. +2.7% Education Level to the United States.]

With the most modern, far-reaching educational system in the world, the United States of America has reached the zenith of its ability to provide its citizens with the skills necessary to function in this new scientific era. While this is a source of immense pride for the people of America, a certain amount of complacency sets in, with higher education increasingly taken for granted by all but the poorest citizens.
[‘+1,000 Base Income per turn’ removed from the United States.]

With the outbreak of war in Europe, trans-Atlantic communications increase exponentially, putting an unreasonable amount of strain on existing telegraph lines laid across the ocean floor. As telegraphy is increasingly seen as outdated and insufficient for the modern era, US company General Electric creates the Radio Corporation of America, a public-private partnership with the United States government, dedicated to the pursuit of radio technology and the development of a national radio network. The first RCA station goes live in New York City in the fall of 1917, heralding a new era of wireless communication and further reinforcing the United States’ international image as a peerless innovator in the sciences.
[-$5,172,244,617 from the United States. +100 Prestige to the United States. +12 Infrastructure to the United States in 5 turns.]

annapolis1920.jpg

RCA’s broadcasting facilities in Hoboken, NJ.

The United States Government, now under control of the Democratic Party, looks to increase the amount of rules and regulations that are on businesses and the Stock Market, in an effort to try and make sure another disaster like the one earlier in the decade would occur once again. This included 25% up front required for margin purchases, and proof of payment for loans given out. This was a reported stamp down on "Easy Credit" and would be regulated and monitored by the FDIC.

The United States Supreme Court convened and finally issued a ruling on the case of Jones vs United States, regarding to the claim made by the United States Army and President Morgan about the South China Sea. The claim was ruled illegal, and not an extension of the Philippines. Chief Justice Taft gave the dissenting argument, saying that this should be the area of the United States. The rest of the Justices also ruled that while the United States could not claim it, it did not support any other nation as claiming the South China Sea as their own.

The Central American government begins a major push to exploit the various untapped resources present in Central America, which will have the helpful added effect of diversifying their economy and preventing them from being wholly reliant on tropical fruit exports. Substantial expansions of the mining and logging industries take place, with an emphasis on supplying domestic needs.
[-53,275,631 Q from Central America. +4 Industry to Central America in 2 turns.]

The Union of Central American States also begins the development of regional rail systems, designed to connect the various states and promote a smoother flow of national commerce. Soon a Central American citizen, albeit a fairly wealthy one, can travel from Chiapas to Costa Rica without leaving their train.
[-28,901,331 Q from Central America. +2 Infrastructure to Central America in 2 turns.]

South America

Efforts by the United States of Venezuela to hold national elections are stalled as obstructionist legislators in the National Assembly block what was previously seen as a symbolic vote to approve the structure of the elections. A bloc of liberal National Assemblymen seems particularly annoyed with efforts by the ruling party to screen out candidates for national office. As President Juan Vicente Gomez had stepped down from the Presidency to lead the war effort against Colombia, the office is temporarily held by Vice President Jose Antonio Velutini until the legislative chaos dies down.
[-1 Stability to Venezuela.]

With a variety of publicly-owned oil wells and no centralized leadership for their development, the Venezuelan government forms the company Petroleos de Venezuela (PDVSA) to consolidate its hold over the national oil industry. PDVSA immediately begins construction on a new oil refinery at Amauy, intended to be the cornerstone of the country’s efforts to exploit its extensive reserves of ‘black gold’.
[-50,000,000 Bs to Venezuela. +5 Industry to Venezuela in 1 turn.]

The Treaty of Maracaibo between Argentina and Venezuela goes into effect in 1917, with the joint venture Petroleos de Maracaibo formed by the two nations’ respective state-run oil companies. While both countries see an increase in industrial development to keep up with the new influx of crude oil, the primary result of the treaty is a transfer of funds and industrial equipment from Argentina to Venezuela, further strengthening their bilateral ties.
[-65,185,741 ₳ from Argentina. +2 Infrastructure to Venezuela in 2 turns. +10 Industry to Venezuela in 2 turns.]

Inspired by American efforts the previous year to explore and map their nation’s potential mineral resources, the Venezuelan government establishes the National Geological Survey along the American model and tasks it with finding non-oil resources in its mostly unsurveyed territory. The end result is impressive, with several sizable deposits of coal and iron discovered, as well as a truly staggering gold deposit.
[+100,000,000 Gold to Venezuela. +750 Base Income to Venezuela.]

In Brazil, the Imperial Government attempts to set new standard of Education, but the new Minister of Education was a poor rural man from Northwestern Brazil named Jose McPedro, who had wandered into the country from Colombia, and was picked up by the last remnants of the Brazilian Oligarchy taught the Brazilian language, and lauded as a genius, prompting his promotion to the Minister of Education. His incoherent ramblings were set as standard in all Brazilian Schools, and many thought Brazil was going backwards.
[-2% Literacy from Brazil. -356,463,634 R$ from Brazil.]

The Empress of Brazil mandated that electricity is a right afforded to all Brazilians, and orders that electricity be wired to the major towns and cities of Brazil. This was projected to take about five years, given the size of the country, and then the next stage, which was focused on more rural communities, would take about eight years in total. The cost was large, but the Empress thought to save no expense for her people.
[-1,810,971,657 R$ from Brazil. +5 Infrastructure in 5 turns. +3 Infrastructure in 8 turns.]

While originally on the plans to build freeways and highways across Brazil, the recent spending on the Electrification Bill shelved all talk of this new project until a later date.

The Brazilian Navy requests funds for the expansion of the Navy, and while this year it was going to focus on funding for technology and blueprints, they said at a later date they would work on securing funding to expand the physical size of the Navy itself.
[-701,279,912 R$ from Brazil. +2 Navy Levels to Brazil in 1 turn.]

The Transandine Railway, running from Mendoza to Santiago, Chile is completed with great fanfare in the Spring of 1917, heralding in a new age of Transportation between the two countries of Argentina and Chile. The Railway was also slated for an upgrade to double-lines, and construction started immediately.
[+2 Infrastructure to Chile. +2 Infrastructure to Argentina. +4 Infrastructure to Argentina in 3 turns. +4 Infrastructure to Chile in 3 turns. -194,778,051 ₳ from Argentina.]

The Argentine Government, in association with several banks, flood the Argentinean Economy with money, with hopes to stimulate and create new growth in the Industrial sector. Cheap loans are given, many with no hope of being paid back, but the benefit in tax income would be seen in a few years time to make up that difference.
[-217,389,025 ₳ from Argentina. +62 Industry to Argentina in 2 turns.]

The Argentine Government sends out agents across the world to understand and learn about the aviation industry and aviation in general. Several experts come to Argentina with valuable information on air crafts, for commercial and military purposes, and the Argentinian Government quickly moves to exploit these new finds.
[-107,389,025 ₳ from Argentina. +5 Air Levels to Argentina in 3 turns.]

The Chilean Air Force is founded in Santiago, focused on the task of expanding and creating a Chilean presence in the skies above.
[+2 Air Levels to Chile. -97,400,249 CLP$ from Chile.]

The Chilean Government decides to invest in the Manufacturing sector, and is quick to notice the benefits of this investment, but quickly decides that direct investment isn't the greatest of measures, and instead opens it up to private investment. The number of new business startups explode in Chile, greatly helping the Nations industrial output.
[+20 Industry to Chile. -161,550,963 CLP$ from Chile.]

Educational Reform continues in the Republic of Chile, as wages are slowly increased for many teachers in the country, and the program to expand the amount of schools in Rural Chile pays off, as several schools pop up, teaching the needed basics to the rural children, hoping to give them at least the shot at a better future for themselves.
[-50 Base Income from Chile. -34,536,776 CLP$ from Chile. +5% Literacy to Chile in 1 turn.]

Africa

The Moroccan Government, not willing to deal with a long and protracted war with the Kingdom of Spain, agrees to sign over its Sovereignty in exchange for becoming a protectorate of the Spain, in which it would retain limited rights within the Kingdom. As it would turn out, this agreement was mutually beneficial to both parties.
[+3,000 Base Income to Spain. +50 Prestige to Spain.]

300pxhospitalespaoltang.jpg

Spanish representation in Tangiers.

The City of Vittorio was founded by a group of Italian settlers, and the Italian Colonial Government stipulated large amounts of funds to be set aside for these colonists. A committee was formed, which laid out the plans for the city of Vittorio, and its central plan was similar to the City of Venice, which had a lot of canals and aqueducts. It was to be the first city in Libya that had full plumbing, and was fully under control of Italians, as entrance by the natives of Libya were banned in the city of Vittorio.
[-34,726,355 ₤ from Italy. +1 Colonial Infrastructure to Italy in 1 turn.]

Fulfilling his campaign promise to begin American withdrawal from Africa, US President James Cox signs into law the African Independence Act, which reorganizes the so-called “American Congo” into the Commonwealths of Angola, the Congo, and Gabon. These quasi-independent states are set up similarly to the British dominions, with regional autonomy granted to the commonwealths’ government while the United States retains control over their foreign policy. The United States also implements a series of initiatives designed to “promote education, teach English, and educate Africans in the nature of democracy”.
[-$514,710,183 to the United States. Angola, the Congo, and Gabon now US dominions. -11,550 Colonial Income to the United States.]

South African schools began to shift focus from learning multiple languages, to primarily teaching English. However, the other languages were offered as a side course. The massive success of this programme was known throughout the country, as thousands and thousands of people began to learn fluent English. One national language for one nation soon became the rallying cry of those who supported this new programme. It did wonders to help the Dominion, as Government business was done much better and the children became more educated. Overhead was also cut, allowing more money to flow to the South African coffers.
[+2% Education Level to South Africa. English Majority Language. +200 Base Income to South Africa.]

Military drills are held in Pretoria, Johannesburg and Cape Town ahead of the coming war with Germany. It helps the ability of the South African Army to fight, but it cost a fair bit of change to muster the soldiers and to drill them in these three locations.
[+1 Army Level to South Africa. -20,558,704 SA£ from South Africa.]

The Private Sector, focused on consumer goods and other non-military goods, is encouraged to move towards War Production. While this helped the supply situation of the South African Army, people wouldn’t be happy with it for too long, and it did dent the South African total output a bit.
[+2% Equipment each turn to South Africa. -300 Base Income from South Africa until Consumer Goods produced again. -1 Stability in 3 turns. -2 Stability in 4 turns. -3 Stability in 5 turns.]

WWI-British-Arms-Factory_thumb.jpg

Workers in a South African factory.

Prime Minister Smuts tours the country, visiting the Western provinces as well, giving speeches in English, Afrikaans, German, Russian, and even Polish, trying to raise support for the War Effort. It is met with jubilee in all areas, except in Namibia, where a large number of Germans live, and support the German Empire still. The train carrying Prime Minister Smuts was almost blown up by German Partisans, but it was able to clear the bridge before it was blown. Following this, the Will of the Country was geared towards winning the War.
[+1 Stability to South Africa.]

In Cairo, the first few railroad ties of what eventually would become a vast Railway Network spanning from Cairo, Egypt to Cape Town, South Africa. While this project was difficult and hard, and was going to take a long time to complete, it was going to help communication and traffic between all of the British Colonies in Africa.
[-15,229,210 £ from the United Kingdom. +3 Colonial Infrastructure to the United Kingdom in 3 turns.]

On the borders of German East Africa, British Soldiers to the North and South begin to mass, building elaborate and expansive Trenchworks and Redoubts, Complex series of inter-lines roads and railroads were built going out towards some major outposts and deposits of weapons in the British colonies. Several trains and other strong guns were moved to these colonies, making an invasion from German East Africa impossible. However, it made getting out to invade German East Africa rather difficult too.
[+1 Colonial Infrastructure to the United Kingdom. -9,535,353 £ from the United Kingdom.]

A detachment of the Australian Army arrives in Mombasa, East Africa Protectorate, ready and waiting to fight the Germans in German East Africa.

Asia/Oceania

The newly independent Indian Dominion, following a review of the nation’s ports and railways, determined that the improvement of these vitals structure was of prime importance to its development. Recognizing this problem, the Indian Parliament soon passed a series of measures that aimed to expand the dominion’s ports and railways.
[+2 Infrastructure in 3 turns to India. -356,945,848 ₹ from India.]

Following the infrastructure bill several measures were taken to expand the dominion’s nascent domestic industry. This would come in the form of the creation of new industrial incentives. These measures would soon lead to an development of industrial zones around Bombay, Dheli, and Calcutta.
[+30 Industry in 2 turns to India. -1,135,950,847 ₹ from India.]

caravan_finaledit%20(1%20of%2030)%20OPENING.jpg

New Indian factories.

The Indian Parliament works to pass an education bill in response to low level of education available in the dominion. This swiftly passed through Parliament, however the new schools built under the legislation were poorly constructed, a fact discovered soon after the monsoon season started when the new schools collapsed killing thousands of children.
[-2 Stability from India. -203,874,730 ₹ from India.]

The poor state of the Indian Army was also demanding of Parliament’s attention. Parliament would pass a bill dramatically increasing the equipment available to the Indian Army. This measure is astonishingly successful, though not without costs.
[+20% Equipment to India. -501,134,185 ₹ from India.]

The Wu, desiring to emulate the industrial successes of their fellow Asian empire, were determined to construct new factories throughout their nation. However, the Chinese populace was decidedly against this development, as was evidenced in a series of riots that destroyed several factories around the country.
[-14 Industry, 232,352,003 元]

childminers.jpg

Disgruntled Chinese factory workers.

Other efforts to modernize Wu China were more successful. Of principle importance was the construction of a new rail line connecting Peking to Guangzhou, connecting the Wu capital with their seat of power. Another advance came in the construction of schools in the major cities of china, these new schools would provide a suitable education for the new students.
[+2 Infrastructure in 4 turns, +5% Education, -212,097,554 元]

The most successful measure came from the restructuring of economic regulation under the new Wu Government. The scope of the reform was broad, as it loosened regulation on several aspects of economic life and in general made China more open to trade and spurred on the economy.
[+1.25% Economic Growth, -331,451,673 元]

In the docks of Vladivostok, agents of the German Empire, coming from Qingdao, notice a small fleet of American transportation ships in the harbour. Snapping quick pictures, the German Empire had undeniable proof that the United States was supplying the Russians with valuable supplies and weaponry. The Germans were able to get the message off to Berlin, with the photographs. Proof that the United States was subverting their Neutrality in the conflict.
[-250,000,000 Gold from the United States. +10% Equipment to the Russian Empire. +1 Army Level to the Russian Empire in 2 turns.]

The Japanese Diet, eager to begin exploiting the wealth of Manchuria and Korea, passed several bills that affect the region. One order the immediate requisitioning of all industry in the region, barring that stipulated in the treaty as belonging to China. Furthermore, the government opens many mines in both Manchuria and Korea for exploitation. Of particular note was the discovery that the Korean mines contained larger deposits than originally estimated. Unfortunately, cost overruns on the improvement of Korean roads prevented the project from being widely applied.
[+7,000 Base Income to Japan, +100 Base Income to China, -134,885,370 ¥]

The Diet also passed several bills to increase the effectiveness of the nation’s armed forces. The Army was lavished with new weapons and received the funding necessary to research the tactics used in the last war against China and recent battle reports from Europe. The Navy meanwhile received the necessary funding for the development of new equipment, in particular, rangefinders for the navy, to increase its fighting capabilities.
[+2 Army Levels in 3 Turns, +2 Navy Levels in 2 Turns, -992,334,140 ¥]

jap_dd37.gif

A Japanese destroyer outfitted with new rangefinders.

In the Dominion of Australia, the fracturing Labor Party with some help by the National Party, passes a law, encouraging immigrants from War-torn Europe, and the legislation was supposed to forbid criminals from entering, but instead it forbid anyone but criminals to enter from Europe. Crime rates began to soar in the major cities.
[Crime a problem in Australia.]

National Elections take place in Australia, with Prime Minister Billy Hughes receiving a sweeping mandate with the National Party winning 58 Seats in the Parliament compared to the Labor Party’s 23 Seats. The Prime Minister, with his mandate, avows to the Australian People to bring them through this War in Europe, and to support King and Country. His speech to the nation is hailed as a huge success, as thousands of Australians turn out to support the Prime Minister and sing his praises. Even more so, Wartime donations reach a record high in Australia.
[+47,432,352 A$ to Australia.]

The Australian Government, now back to work, quickly passes a program to revamp and revitalize the Universities in the nation, introducing new ideas and better methods of teaching. Although the money was taken from them now, in a few years time, it was sure to make a good impact on the education of all Australians.
[-5,905,635 A$ from Australia. +5% Education Level to Australia in 2 turns.]

The second round of “A New Australia”, a programme to revitalize Australia, falls through as money is siphoned off by some surly businessmen from the North Island of New Zealand. A few factories are built, but the cost is outrageous.
[-3,252,583 A$ from Australia. +2 Industry to Australia.]

Stats for 1918

National Rankings

Rank Country Total Ranking
1 The United States of America 3576
2 The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland 2951
3 The German Empire 2053
4 The Kingdom of Sweden 1737
5 The United Communes of France 1570
6 The Empire of Greater Japan 1410
7 The Russian Empire 1329
8 The Kingdom of the Netherlands 1139
9 The Argentine Republic 1103
10 The Kingdom of Spain 1072
11 The Swiss Confederation 932
12 The Second Empire of Brazil 848
13 The Kingdom of Italy 799
14 The Dominion of Canada 643
15 The Hungarian People's Republic 622
16 The Kingdom of Bohemia-Moravia 611
17 The Republic of Chile 608
18 The Dominion of South Africa 560
19 The Dominion of India 527
20 The Dominion of Australia 460
21 The Kingdom of Serbia 412
22 The Kingdom of Greece 397
23 The United States of Venezuela 347
24 The Union of Central American States 312
25 The Republic of Poland 307
26 The Empire of Great Wu 274
27 Turkish Free State 265
28 The Hashemite Kingdom of Iraq 251
29 The Republic of Armenia 221
30 People's Republic of Palestine 220
31 West Ukrainian National Republic 178

International Exchange Rates

1917graph.png

1917currency.png

Countries of the World: 1918
1918.png

The Argentine Republic
Currency: Argentine Peso (₳)
Currency Value: 1.6049
Currency Bank: 0 ₳
Gold Bank: 148,161,987
Currency Income: 198,369,614 ₳
Gold Income: 318,355,372
Printing Rate: 50%
Loan Payments (in gold): 0
Loan Interest Rate: 5.19%
Gross Domestic Product: 70,457,293,214
Tax Rate: 1.50%
Prestige: 370
Stability: 9
Industry: 160 [+62 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 84.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.44%
Mobilization Penalty: 0%
Mobilization Level: Not Mobilized
Home Infrastructure: 27 [+4 in 3 turn(s)]
Colonial Infrastructure: 0
Army
Equipment: 70%
Regulars: 40,000
Conscripts: 0
Army Level: 21
Navy
Large Ships: 3 [+4 in 1 turn(s)]
Small Ships: 16 [+20 in 1 turn(s)]
Submarines: 0 [+4 in 1 turn(s)]
Dreadnoughts: 0
Navy Level: 20
Air Force
Fighters: 0
Bombers: 0
Air Level: 0 [+5 in 3 turn(s)]
At War With: NONE
Leader: President Marcelo T. de Alvear
Player: Mr. Santiago

The Republic of Armenia
Currency: Armenian Dram (Դ)
Currency Value: 0.1482
Currency Bank: 0 Դ
Gold Bank: -46,380,212
Currency Income: -3,788,820 Դ
Gold Income: -25,565,428
Loan Payments (in gold): 2,566,385
Loan Interest Rate: 5.53%
Gross Domestic Product: 1,257,919,891
Tax Rate: 4.00%
Prestige: 45
Stability: 7
Industry: 33
Education Level: 23.78%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.40%
Home Infrastructure: 5 [+5 in 1 turn, +3 in 2 turn(s),+10 in 3 turn(s), +5 5 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 85%
Regulars: 118,000
Army Level: 23 [+1 in 1 turn]
Navy
Large Ships: 0
Small Ships: 0
Submarines: 0
Navy Level: 9
Air Force
Air Level: 0
At War With: The German Empire
Leader: President Aram Manukian
Player: RedNomNoms

The Dominion of Australia
Currency: Australian Dollar (A$)
Currency Value: 1.0343
Currency Bank: 198,338,750 A$
Gold Bank: 391,880,946
Currency Income: 101,675,695 A$
Gold Income: 105,163,320 [+2,000 Base Income in 1 turns]
Loan Interest Rate: 5.25%
Gross Domestic Product: 15,719,486,291
Tax Rate: 2.50%
Prestige: 95
Stability: 10
Industry: 65
Education Level: 85.00% {+5% in 2 turn(s)]
Economic Growth Rate: 5.26%
Home Infrastructure: 16 [+4 in 2 turns]
Army
Equipment: 90%
Regulars: 44,000
Army Level: 24
Navy
Large Ships: 4
Small Ships: 30
Navy Level: 24
Air Force
Air Level: 1
Leader: Prime Minister Billy Hughes
Player: NikoHoI3

The Kingdom of Bohemia-Moravia
Currency: Bohemian Koruna (Kč)
Currency Value: 0.1791
Currency Bank: 488,042,112 Kč
Gold Bank: 135,615,463
Currency Income: 219,405,717 Kč
Gold Income: 39,292,409
Loan Payments (in gold): 46,314,620
Loan Interest Rate: 6.28%
Gross Domestic Product: 15,716,963,414
Prestige: 200
Industry: 64
Education Level: 70.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.82%
Home Infrastructure: 26
Army
Equipment: 75%
Regulars: 0
Navy
Navy Level: 0
Air Force
Leader: Prime Minister and Regent Bohemia Tomas Masaryk
Player: Afaslizo

The Second Empire of Brazil
Currency: Brazilian Real (R$)
Currency Value: 0.2259
Currency Bank: 0 R$
Gold Bank: -522,808,203
Currency Income: 816,951,983 R$
Gold Income: 174,370,159
Printing Rate: 40%
Loan Payments (in gold): 13,463,123
Loan Interest Rate: 5.18%
Gross Domestic Product: 64,169,714,109
Prestige: 216
Stability: 8
Industry: 237 [+60 in 2 turns]
Education Level: 66.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.46%
Mobilization Penalty: 5%
Home Infrastructure: 25 [+4 in 1 turn(s), +5 in 5 turn(s). +3 in 8 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 63%
Regulars: 50,000
Army Level: 16
Navy
Large Ships: 3
Small Ships: 32
Navy Level: 23 [+2 in 1 turn]
Air Force
Leader: Empress Isabel I
Player: Duke of Britain

The Dominion of Canada
Currency: Canadian Dollar (C$)
Currency Value: 0.9296
Currency Bank: 127,805,695 C$
Gold Bank: 295,080,727
Currency Income: 127,805,695 C$
Gold Income: 128,064,089
Loan Interest Rate: 5.00%
Gross Domestic Product: 43,000,074,536
Tax Rate: 1.50%
Prestige: 160
Industry: 115
Education Level: 90.50%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.01%
Home Infrastructure: 19 [+5 in 2 turn(s), +5 in 5 turn(s)]
Army
Regulars: 18,000
Navy
Large Ships: 5
Small Ships: 5
Navy Level: 21
Air Force
Air Level: 6
Leader: Prime Minister Sir Robert Borden
Player: Cavebear

The Union of Central American States
Currency: Central American Quetzal (Q)
Currency Value: 0.3727
Currency Bank: 0 Q
Gold Bank: 12,239,711
Currency Income: 50,123,368 Q
Gold Income: 18,887,074
Loan Interest Rate: 5.03%
Gross Domestic Product: 3,613,516,409
Tax Rate: 5.50%
Prestige: 75
Industry: 29 [+4 in 2 turns]
Education Level: 46.40%
Economic Growth Rate: 5.90%
Home Infrastructure: 5 [+3 in 1 turn(s), +2 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 105%
Regulars: 45,000
Army Level: 19
Navy
Small Ships: 17
Navy Level: 14
Air Force
Air Level: 2
Leader: President Manuel Estrada Cabrera
Player: Comm Cody

The Republic of Chile
Currency: Chilean Peso (CLP$)
Currency Value: 0.2971
Currency Bank: 289,462,123 CLP$
Gold Bank: 308,073,441
Currency Income: 510,852,587 CLP$
Gold Income: 165,013,620
Loan Interest Rate: 0.050952589
Gross Domestic Product: 43,220,917,191
Tax Rate: 0.025
Prestige: 160
Industry: 116
Education Level: 50.00% [+5% in 1 turn]
Economic Growth Rate: 5.71%
Home Infrastructure: 26 [+3 in 1 turn(s), +4 in 3 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 65%
Regulars: 75,000
Army Level: 17
Navy
Large Ships: 2
Small Ships: 5
Navy Level: 14
Air Force
Air Level: 3 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: President Pedro Montt Montt
Player: Riccardo93

The United Communes of France
Currency: French Franc (₣)
Currency Value: 0.0286
Currency Bank: 2,658,832,610 ₣
Gold Bank: 916,142,648
Currency Income: 7,754,855,132 ₣
Gold Income: 203,316,231
Loan Interest Rate: 6.93%
Gross Domestic Product: 102,872,671,505
Prestige: 580
Industry: 203
Education Level: 93.10%
Economic Growth Rate: 0.20%
Mobilization Penalty: 10%
Mobilization Level: Full Mobilization
Home Infrastructure: 29
Army
Equipment: 83%
Regulars: 339,391 [+300,000 in 1 turn]
Conscripts: 97,606
Army Level: 29 [+1 in 1 turn]
Navy[MUTINY]
Large Ships: 12
Small Ships: 65
Submarines: 15
Air Force
Air Level: 2
Leader: Chairman Alexandre Millerand
Player: etranger01

The German Empire
Currency: German Mark (ℳ)
Currency Value: 0.2227
Currency Bank: 312,192,165 ℳ
Gold Bank: -1,090,709,865
Currency Income: 1,278,527,761 ℳ
Gold Income: 210,659,892
Loan Payments (in gold): 55,451,609
Loan Interest Rate: 4.26%
Gross Domestic Product: 213,266,152,794
Prestige: 635
Industry: 432
Education Level: 89.80%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.22%
Home Infrastructure: 37
Colonial Infrastructure: 11
Army
Equipment: 98%
Regulars: 324,718 [+300,000 in 1 turn(s)]
Conscripts: 2,903,192
Army Level: 28 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy
Large Ships: 40
Small Ships: 167
Submarines: 30
Air Force
Fighters: 0 [+1 in 1 turn]
Air Level: 5
At War With: The Allied Powers (France, Russia, UK, et al)
Leader: Kaiser Wilhelm II
Player: Morrell8

The Kingdom of Greece
Currency: Greek Drachma (₯)
Currency Value: 0.1824
Currency Bank: 0 ₯
Gold Bank: -253,921,652
Currency Income: 74,514,840 ₯
Gold Income: 1,268,993
Loan Payments (in gold): 12,205,843
Loan Interest Rate: 6.19%
Gross Domestic Product: 8,580,210,765
Prestige: 105
Industry: 41
Education Level: 84.50%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.43%
Home Infrastructure: 9
Army
Equipment: 80%
Regulars: 41,000
Army Level: 16 [+2 in 1 turn]
Navy
Large Ships: 7
Small Ships: 18
Navy Level: 17
Air Force
Fighters: 0 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Air Level: 4 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: King Constantine I
Player: tyriet

The Hungarian People's Republic
Currency: Hungarian Peasent (₱)
Currency Value: 0.1789
Currency Bank: 171,681,291 ₱
Gold Bank: -193,456,120
Currency Income: 345,415,942 ₱
Gold Income: 42,750,856
Loan Payments (in gold): 13,678,457
Loan Interest Rate: 5.79%
Gross Domestic Product: 29,978,231,102
Prestige: 200
Stability: 6
Industry: 54
Education Level: 58.90%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.63%
Home Infrastructure: 35
Army
Equipment: 92%
Regulars: 33,036
Conscripts: 255,950
Army Level: 25
Navy
Air Force
Air Level: 3
Leader: Chairman Gyula Peidl
Player: Maxwell500

The Kingdom of Italy
Currency: Italian Lira (₤)
Currency Value: 0.1516
Currency Bank: 0 ₤
Gold Bank: -192,952,473
Currency Income: -496,788,363 ₤
Gold Income: -71,325,985
Loan Interest Rate: 6.57%
Gross Domestic Product: 66,577,434,016
Prestige: 215
Industry: 162
Education Level: 91.10%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.29%
Home Infrastructure: 27
Colonial Infrastructure: 6 [+1 in 1 turn]
Army
Equipment: 82%
Regulars: 669,938
Conscripts: 2,697,451
Army Level: 28 [+1 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy
Small Ships: 80
Submarines: 10
Air Force
Air Level: 1 [+4 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: King Victor Emmanuel III
Player: Shock3r

The Dominion of India
Currency: Indian Rupee (₹)
Currency Value: 0.1184
Currency Bank: 0 ₹
Gold Bank: 306,372,972
Currency Income: 850,640,186 ₹
Gold Income: 100,739,440
Loan Interest Rate: 4.70%
Gross Domestic Product: 131,575,734,747
Tax Rate: 0.50%
Prestige: 155
Industry: 43 [+30 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 34.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.91%
Home Infrastructure: 20 [+2 in 3 turn(s)]
Army
Regulars: 350,000
Army Level: 23 [+2 in 1 turn(s)]
Navy
Small Ships: 15
Navy Level: 23 [+1 in 1 turn(s)]
Air Force
Air Level: 1 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Leader: Prime Minister Ashran Gupta
Player: jacob-Lundgren

The Hashemite Kingdom of Iraq
Currency: Iraqi Dinar (د.ع)
Currency Value: 0.1051
Currency Bank: 0 د.ع
Gold Bank: -59,445,572
Currency Income: 20,901,404 د.ع
Gold Income: 2,196,988 [+1,000 Base Income if Infrastructure for Oil is built]
Loan Payments (in gold): 3,024,458
Loan Interest Rate: 5.66%
Gross Domestic Product: 2,390,995,214
Prestige: 65
Industry: 11
Education Level: 40.17% [+5% in 2 turn(s)]
Economic Growth Rate: 4.01%
Home Infrastructure: 7
Army
Equipment: 50%
Regulars: 75,610
Army Level: 20
Navy
Navy Level: 15
Air Force
At War With: The Kingdom of Syria
Leader: King Fasel
Player: Spectre17

The Empire of Greater Japan
Currency: Japanese Yen (¥)
Currency Value: 0.4961
Currency Bank: 0 ¥
Gold Bank: -548,123,166
Currency Income: 616,240,352 ¥
Gold Income: 295,366,383 [+5,000 Base Income when Mines Built]
Loan Payments (in gold): 22,848,607
Loan Interest Rate: 3.39%
Gross Domestic Product: 98,512,020,229
Prestige: 425
Industry: 227
Education Level: 99.80%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.83%
Home Infrastructure: 30
Army
Equipment: 100%
Regulars: 450,000
Army Level: 26 [+2 in 3 turn(s)]
Navy
Large Ships: 10
Small Ships: 95
Submarines: 2
Navy Level: 26 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Air Force
Air Level: 5
Leader: Emperor Taishō
Player: Boris ze Spider

People's Republic of Palestine
Currency: Lebonese Lira (ل.ل)
Currency Value: 0.1009
Currency Bank: 0 ل.ل
Gold Bank: -8,106,451
Currency Income: 48,157,767 ل.ل
Gold Income: 4,859,464
Printing Rate: 0.5
Loan Interest Rate: 4.81%
Gross Domestic Problem: 2,209,045,706
Industry: 23
Education Level: 0.3517
Economic Growth Rate: 6.56%
Mobilization Penalty: 0
Army
Equipment: 0.5
Regulars: 13,263
Army Level: 20
Navy
Navy Level: 15
Air Force
Leader: Chairman Mohammed Bashir
Player: Bakerydog

The Kingdom of the Netherlands
Currency: Dutch Gulden (ƒ)
Currency Value: 0.2420
Currency Bank: 1,749,862,850 ƒ
Gold Bank: 988,551,077
Currency Income: 999,148,561 ƒ
Gold Income: 237,184,770
Loan Interest Rate: 5.68%
Gross Domestic Problem: 70,538,077,071
Tax Rate: 3.50%
Prestige: 390
Industry: 155
Education Level: 94.90%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.97%
Mobilization Penalty: 5%
Home Infrastructure: 21
Colonial Infrastructure: 20
Army
Regulars: 85,000
Navy
Large Ships: 10
Small Ships: 35
Navy Level: 18
Air Force
Fighters: 1
Air Level: 4
Leader: Queen Wilhemina I
Player: Syriana

The Republic of Poland
Currency: Polish Złoty (zł)
Currency Value: 0.2658
Currency Bank: 248,263,470 zł
Gold Bank: 50,531,308
Currency Income: 188,263,470 zł
Gold Income: 50,031,308
Loan Interest Rate: 5.85%
Gross Domestic Product: 26,821,948,360
Prestige: 50
Industry: 72
Education Level: 70.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.46%
Home Infrastructure: 30
Army
Regulars: 52,703
Conscripts: 283,704
Navy
Air Force
At War With: The German Empire, West Ukrainian National Republic
Leader: Józef Piłsudski
Player: The Fish

The Russian Empire
Currency: Russian Ruble (руб)
Currency Value: 0.3312
Currency Bank: 387,147,662 руб
Gold Bank: -621,398,649
Currency Income: 891,034,341 руб
Gold Income: 233,371,868
Printing Rate: 60%
Loan Payments (in gold): 32,669,520
Loan Interest Rate: 3.82%
Gross Domestic Product: 156,668,260,380
Prestige: 435
Industry: 232 [+34 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 46.30%
Economic Growth Rate: 3.53%
Home Infrastructure: 40
Army
Equipment: 104%
Regulars: 572,625
Conscripts: 850,288
Army Level: 25 [+1 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy
Large Ships: 20
Small Ships: 140
Submarines: 0 [+40 in 1 turn(s)]
Navy Level: 22 [+2 in 1 turn(s)]
Air Force
Leader: Tsaritsa Olga I
Player: Congo

The Kingdom of Serbia
Currency: Serbian Dinar (РСД)
Currency Value: 0.1861
Currency Bank: 0 РСД
Gold Bank: 15,174,830
Currency Income: -51,721,366 РСД
Gold Income: -9,626,322
Loan Interest Rate: 6.01%
Gross Domestic Product: 9,813,275,384
Tax Rate: 2.55%
Prestige: 95
Industry: 55
Education Level: 56.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.97%
Home Infrastructure: 14 [+2 in 1 turn]
Army
Regulars: 89,700
Conscripts: 329,579
Navy
Small Ships: 30
Navy Level: 18
Air Force
At War With: The Kingdom of Bosnia
Leader: King Peter I
Player: Watercress

The Dominion of South Africa
Currency: South African Pound (SA£)
Currency Value: 3.9375
Currency Bank: 42,197,682 SA£
Gold Bank: 372,821,736
Currency Income: 62,756,386 SA£
Gold Income: 249,293,961 [+500 Base Income Every Year for 7 turn(s)]
Printing Rate: 55%
Loan Interest Rate: 5.56%
Gross Domestic Product: 51,096,013,409
Prestige: 105
Stability: 10 [If consumer goods production not resumed: -1 in 3 turn(s), -2 in 4 turn(s), -3 in 5 turn(s)]
Industry: 65
Education Level: 54.00% [+1% Education every turn]
Economic Growth Rate: 4.31%
Home Infrastructure: 28
Army
Equipment: 92%
Regulars: 53,000
Navy
Large Ships: 6
Small Ships: 10
Navy Level: 26
Air Force
Leader: Prime Minister Louis Botha
Player: Seek75

The Kingdom of Spain
Currency: Spanish Peseta (₧)
Currency Value: 0.2105
Currency Bank: 0 ₧
Gold Bank: -331,401,110 [-514,000,000 in 4 turns]
Currency Income: 683,558,422 ₧
Gold Income: 119,870,778 [+200 Base Every Year]
Loan Payments (in gold): 20,552,397
Loan Interest Rate: 6.41%
Gross Domestic Product: 73,182,870,102
Prestige: 325
Industry: 241
Education Level: 86.40%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.76%
Home Infrastructure: 25 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Colonial Infrastructure: 4
Army
Regulars: 126,000
Army Level: 22 [+4 in 1 turns]
Navy
Large Ships: 62
Small Ships: 129
Submarines: 10
Dreadnoughts: 5
Air Force
Air Level: 0 [+6 in 1 turn]
Leader: King Alfonso XIII
Player: MastahCheef117

The Kingdom of Sweden
Currency: Swedish Krona (kr)
Currency Value: 0.3099
Currency Bank: 283,262,187 kr
Gold Bank: -424,369,144
Currency Income: 310,624,466 kr
Gold Income: 96,264,604 [200,000,000 kr removed from Debt each year until 1920.]
Loan Payments (in gold): 46,314,620
Gross Domestic Product: 26,511,738,946
Prestige: 725
Industry: 90 [+10 in 1 turn(s)]
Education Level: 92.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.17%
Home Infrastructure: 22 [+3 in 1 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 90%
Regulars: 35,000
Army Level: 28
Navy
Large Ships: 27
Small Ships: 105
Dreadnoughts: 0 [+2 in 3 turn(s) once Naval level is equal to 25]
Navy Level: 22
Air Force
Air Level: 1 [+2 in 1 turn]
Leader: King Gustaf V
Player: Hashoosh

The Swiss Confederation
Currency: Swiss Franc (S₣)
Currency Value: 0.1923
Currency Bank: 31,332,550 S₣
Gold Bank: -163,349,365
Currency Income: 454,894,466 S₣
Gold Income: 74,053,674
Loan Payments (in gold): 13,442,857
Loan Interest Rate: 5.66%
Gross Domestic Product: 41,088,612,533
Prestige: 310
Industry: 76
Education Level: 97.81%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.01%
Home Infrastructure: 30 [+6 in 3 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 100%
Regulars: 145,000
Navy
Air Force
Leader: President Arthur Eugster
Player: Spitfire5793

Turkish Free State
Currency: Turkish Lira (T£ )
Currency Value: 0.1909
Currency Bank: 0 T£
Gold Bank: -101,908,073
Currency Income: 92,995,537 T£
Gold Income: 18,838,166 [+500 Base Income in 1 turn]
Loan Interest Rate: 6.50%
Gross Domestic Product: 14,505,539,557
Prestige: 40
Industry: 50
Education Level: 54.84%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.49%
Home Infrastructure: 11 [+2 in 2 turns]
Army
Equipment: 80%
Regulars: 225,000
Army Level: 19 [+3 in 2 turn(s)]
Navy
Small Ships: 11
Navy Level: 20
Air Force
Leader: President Haşim Çiçek
Player: Dadarian

The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland
Currency: British Pound (£)
Currency Value: 4.7477
Currency Bank: 0 £
Gold Bank: 1,406,632,200
Currency Income: 180,000,557 £
Gold Income: 854,595,448
Loan Interest Rate: 4.35%
Gross Domestic Product: 268,162,195,903
Prestige: 1,085
Industry: 304
Education Level: 90.90%
Economic Growth Rate: 1.95%
Home Infrastructure: 32 [+3 in 5 turn(s)]
Colonial Infrastructure: 17
Army
Regulars: 419,000
Army Level: 26
Navy [+5 dreadnoughts, +10 large ships, +60 small ships, +10 submarines in 5 turn(s) to be distributed to the dominions]
Large Ships: 60
Small Ships: 285
Submarines: 20
Dreadnoughts: 15
Navy Level: 31
Air Force
Fighters: 3 [+10 in 4 turn(s)]
Air Level: 7
Leader: King George V
Player: King50000

The United States of America
Currency: United States Dollar ($)
Currency Value: 1.0000
Currency Bank: 0 $
Gold Bank: 1,220,148,291
Currency Income: 2,157,433,470 $
Gold Income: 2,157,433,470 [+4,000 in 1 turn(s), +2,000 in 2 turn(s)]
Loan Interest Rate: 2.95%
Gross Domestic Product: 683,355,321,096
Prestige: 1,145
Industry: 868 [+121 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 100.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.16%
Home Infrastructure: 48 [+12 in 3 turns]
Colonial Infrastructure: 17
Army
Equipment: 110%
Regulars: 65,000
Army Level: 27 [+2 Army Levels when Armoured Car built]
Navy
Large Ships: 76
Small Ships: 255
Submarines: 20
Dreadnoughts: 13
Navy Level: 32
Air Force
Air Level: 6
Leader: President James Cox
Player: KeldoniaSkylar

The United States of Venezuela
Currency: Venezuelan Bolívar (Bs)
Currency Value: 0.4494
Currency Bank: 114,644,293 Bs
Gold Bank: 284,440,662
Currency Income: 164,644,293 Bs
Gold Income: 73,984,993
Loan Interest Rate: 5.00%
Gross Domestic Product: 26,300,488,790
Prestige: 70
Industry: 64 [+5 in 1 turn(s), +10 in 2 turn(s)]
Education Level: 65.00%
Economic Growth Rate: 6.00%
Home Infrastructure: 22 [+2 in 2 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 65%
Regulars: 68,000
Army Level: 18
Navy
Large Ships: 4
Small Ships: 18
Navy Level: 17
Air Force
Leader: President Juan Vicente Gómez Chacón
Player: Stormbringer

West Ukrainian National Republic
Currency: West Ukrainian Hryvnia (₴)
Currency Value: 0.1138
Currency Bank: 185,581,630 ₴
Gold Bank: 27,168,938
Currency Income: 36,070,238 ₴
Gold Income: 4,102,996
Loan Interest Rate: 5.59%
Gross Domestic Product: 1,955,316,219
Industry: 12
Education Level: 35.17%
Economic Growth Rate: 4.24%
Army
Regulars: 12,465
Army Level: 18
Navy
Air Force
At War With: The Republic of Poland
Leader: State Chancellor Vladimir Yenkoscheko
Player: Thandros

The Empire of Great Wu
Currency: Chinese Yuan (元)
Currency Value: 0.2839
Currency Bank: 0 元
Gold Bank: 76,731,421
Currency Income: 409,879,645 元
Gold Income: 106,191,681 [+5,000 Base in 1 turns]
Gross Domestic Product: 128,113,947,911
Tax Rate: 0.50%
Prestige: 30
Industry: 92 [+5 in 1 turns]
Education Level: 33.40%
Economic Growth Rate: 2.16%
Home Infrastructure: 11 [+6 in 1 turn(s), +2 in 4 turn(s)]
Army
Equipment: 45%
Regulars: 350,000
Conscripts: 0 [-150,000 for 1 turns]
Navy
Small Ships: 28
Navy Level: 11
Air Force
Leader: Emperor Ha
Player: Frymonmon

Last edited:
flags_florida_spain.jpg

It is with mixed feelings that I speak to the Parliament of the Kingdom of Spain, the Citizens of Spain, and the People of the World.

On domestic affairs, it gladdens me that, with innovation and determination, the people have Spain have reached the skies. The aircraft engines developed and produced by the Hispano-Suiza Company are superior to all those existent throughout the world, giving the aircraft that they power unparalleled efficiency and capabilities. Not only will this help in travel across the country and the world, but it will increase the defensive capabilities of the Spanish Armed Forces, giving them reconnaissance capabilities that are quick and durable.

In continuation with the advancement of the capabilities of our military, the development of an effective and powerful two-man machine gun has greatly increased the effectiveness and power of our Army. Now, with just two men instead of the many previously needed, these rapid-firing weapons can defend positions against heavily numerically superior enemies with great effectiveness. It is hoped that this design may be improved in the near future, to maybe even be maintained by just one man, if necessary.

Following the border disputes with the Moroccan government - particularly, their invasion of our territory in 1915 and the threatening of Spanish law and order over the region - the peace talks have indeed been fruitful. The Moroccan government has accepted partial annexation by the Spanish government, becoming a protectorate of the nation. In return, they gain the benefits of Spanish economic power, as well as the defensive capabilities of both the Spanish Army and Navy, two of the strongest forces on continental Europe. To show the Moroccan people that they shall be ruled generously, the Moroccans shall receive full representation within the Spanish Parliament, shall receive full citizenship equivalent to a standard native of Iberia. Furthermore, I shall be given the title of Grand Prince of Morocco to establish the permanent union between the peoples of Iberia and Morocco.

In regards to the grievous European War, it saddens me that the leaders of the Great European Powers cannot see reason, or choose to ignore it; the bloodshed caused by their words and their power-hungry actions continue to baffle the people of the uninvolved nations. As an entire generation of European men are slaughtered en-masse in the fields of France and the Kievan Rus', the rest of the world shall prosper economically and politically; and as these countries lead themselves to destruction, these uninvolved nations shall see a new birth of freedom, the very nations that were conceived in liberty and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal - as said by the great American President Abraham Lincoln.

The offer for peace talks to be hosted in Madrid still stands, though now I find it very sad to say that I severely doubt any belligerent nations in this continent-ravaging war shall attend such a conference. I would simply like to remind the leaders of these European Powers that the fates of their people lies in their hands, however fortunate or unfortunate that may be.

~ His Royal Majesty Alfonso XIII, King of Spain, Grand Prince of Morocco