• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Yeah, both of you are naturally free to use it :)
I can also give you freely usable and working historical pre-Christian naming system and a large list of names of Finnic characters if you want to.

Thank you!

Changes in Africa

So... I have work a little in Africa. I think the Trade routes are a good begining. But I have try to give them a more natural border.

And a near shut, with some of the new Provinces:

I plan to connect East and West Africa with the trade routes. With Kanem Bornu.

Last edited:
So. And now... the Eidgenossenschaft! (Switzerland/Swiss Confederacy)

The Swiss Confederacy is very hard to make in game. In real there were a lot of mor Counties or people who call themsels "Count of". The most of them are now Baronies. So the Switzerland is one of the richest parts in this game (With a lot of castles).

So some Baronies in game:
Blonay
Aubonne
Ringgenberg
Schwarzenburg
Signau
Buchegg
Grandson
Frohburg
Thierstein
Lenzburg (of course!)
Eschenbach
Grünenberg
Attinghausen
Regensberg
Rapperswil
Altenklingen
Toggenburg
Sax

Yes thats many... And there are still some more (Habsburg, Kyburg etc.). Very hart to simulate the Old Swiss Confederation...

Last edited:
So. And now... the Eidgenossenschaft! (Switzerland/Swiss Confederacy)

The Swiss Confederacy is very hard to make in game. In real there were a lot of mor Counties or people who call themsels "Count of". The most of them are now Baronies. So the Switzerland is one of the richest parts in this game (With a lot of castles).

So some Baronies in game:
Blonay
Aubonne
Ringgenberg
Schwarzenburg
Signau
Buchegg
Grandson
Frohburg
Thierstein
Lenzburg (of course!)
Eschenbach
Grünenberg
Attinghausen
Regensberg
Rapperswil
Altenklingen
Toggenburg
Sax

Yes thats many... And there are still some more (Habsburg, Kyburg etc.). Very hart to simulate the Old Swiss Confederation...

was exactly the thing I discovered when makeing Switzerland, to many nobles and to little space:glare: It looks nice(almost as cramped as my own attempt:)) but I would suggest the option I ended up choosing when doing the area, I went with Kyburg instead of Zurichgau and st. Gallen (Zurichgau was tiny back then) and apart from the actual city of st.gallen the entire area was Kyburg

Very hart to simulate the Old Swiss Confederation...

Tell me more about it ;) True, it's hard to simulate, so as some specific aspects in Poland (all main dynasty - Piast - rulers called 'princes', even if they would control only one barony). So don't worry, this game needs compromise.

was exactly the thing I discovered when makeing Switzerland, to many nobles and to little space:glare: It looks nice(almost as cramped as my own attempt:)) but I would suggest the option I ended up choosing when doing the area, I went with Kyburg instead of Zurichgau and st. Gallen (Zurichgau was tiny back then) and apart from the actual city of st.gallen the entire area was Kyburg

Kyburg is Part of Thurgau ;)

Here can you see it. So the Kyburg dynasty will rule over Thurgau. (After this it was correct so).

The Zürichgau was part of the Nellenburg dynasty at the start date. This man was Count of Zürichgau.

St. Gallen was his own Bishopric. So it start as the Abbey of Saint Gall as county level.

Tell me more about it True, it's hard to simulate, so as some specific aspects in Poland (all main dynasty - Piast - rulers called 'princes', even if they would control only one barony). So don't worry, this game needs compromise.

How Aasmul have say... To many dynasties on to little ground. This are only the Families with a German wikipedia page. And that are not all. There werwe a lot more. 100 families in the whole Switzerland.

Edit: Ah... And I must change some of the things of Paradox... I think the Habsburger where better counts of Sundgau.

Last edited:
Kyburg is Part of Thurgau ;)

Here can you see it. So the Kyburg dynasty will rule over Thurgau. (After this it was correct so).

The Zürichgau was part of the Nellenburg dynasty at the start date. This man was Count of Zürichgau.

St. Gallen was his own Bishopric. So it start as the Abbey of Saint Gall as county level.

Thats another of the problems with the Swiss counties they overlap and coexsist. So you had the old gau's and the later counties sort of being there at the same time, and it dosn't become easier that the start of CK2 is just about the time when the movement towards the later counties begins:mellow:. For the most part I went with the later counties, but you can go either way(my biggest stretch was probably to include Monfort since its a 13th century entity but it just fitted so beautifully....:ninja:)

Kyburg was actually the liegelord of the St.Gallen bishop at more than one occasion:), and Zürichgau got eaten by Zähringen right after Nellenburg and since its isolated from the later I decided that it was to tiny to live, and I threw it in with Kyburg.

Also the actual county of Zurichgau in the Ck2 period dosn't correspond with the area of Zurichgau. Its between a quarter or a third of the size.
it roughly equals the part Zähringen got hold off http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Schweiz_Fr%C3%BChmia_Adel.svg

edit- just rememberd that I actually ended up using Thurgau instead of Kyburg:laugh:

Last edited:
Oh yes... The borders have often change... The Swiss counties are really bad to include in the game. The often hange the names etc. And we have to found any compromiss. Aarburgund and Landgrafschaft Burgund are also later names both I use them on start. Burgund in this case where more Oberaargau.

I will still use my map opinions. Otherways I have a 7-9 holding countie in the north east ;) And that wouldn't be beautiful. And in real Schwyz was also a part of the Zürichgau... Uf. Very hard to make this.

And a... Montfort... Yes I will make them to. Bot I think I will use the name Bregenz. This was more or less the teretory before Montfort.

Yes I have really a little update ;)

Belgian overhaul

A pre-post comparison:

Pre:

I think this part of the map looks a lot better then before. And I have add Chiny.
The coastline is also rework. If you look this with the two pictures you will see the different.

Last edited:
What about Topography?

Topogaphy is one of the last things I will do, after all casts are ready. Topography is the hardest thing of all I thing. And I haven't really experience with this part of the map modding.

Nothern Germany and Pommerania

So. This morning I have change North Eastern Germany and Pomerania (Some little border changes in Silesia and Bohemia). But look:

Duchy of Holstein:

Now with Ditmarschen, Pinneberg/Itzehoe and Kiel (For the County of Holstein-Kiel.

Mecklenburg:

Now with the Principalities of Schwerin, Parchim and Stargard. In the north we have Stralsund (Polnish Strzałów but the l don't want...) In the sout east you see also the Uckerland/Uckerland.

Pommerania:

Some border changes in prussia. Then a lot of new counties in Pommerania: Wolin/Wollin, Nowa Marchia/Neumark (I haven't a better name for this time now), Kaszuby/Cassubia (In this times it was the area around Bialogarda), Budzistowo/Kolberg (Bishop of Cammin),

Brandenburg/Meißen

And some other border changes in the north east (Don't watch at West or South). New counties of: Brehna (Or later Wittenberg/Duchy of Saxony), Archbishopric of Magdeburg and the real Lausitz/Luzici. I think Brandeburg look better then before.

Last edited:
Yes I have really a little update ;)

A complet overhaul of Belgium.

A pre-post comparison:

Pre:

I think this part of the map looks a lot better then before. And I have add Chiny.
The coastline is also rework. If you look this with the two pictures you will see the different.

Indeed an improvement. Adding Chiny to Luxembourg is an improvement, but the duchy of Luxembourg was created from the counties of Luxembourg, La Roche and Arlon (marquisat) and Durbuy (the county of Vianden was a vassal and later Chiny was added).

I assume you now have divided Brabant in Antwerp (Antwerpen), Brussels (Brussel), Leuven and Toxandria (Toxandrië), so roughly like the four quarters of Brabant (Antwerpen, Brussel, Leuven and 's-Hertogenbosch (Bois-le-Duc)) named after the four capitals of Brabant . Furthermore the county of Flanders (Vlaanderen/Flandres) was originally divided in 5 burgraviates/viscounties (kasselrijen/châtellenies): Brugge, Saint Omer (Sint Omaars), Gent, Kortrijk (Courtrai) and Tournai (Doornik); later Ieper (Ypres) and Oudenaarde (Audenarde) were also added. However Saint Omer (Sint Omaars) became a part of Artois (Artesië) and was split from Flanders, when Artois was given as a dowry to the niece of the count of Flanders when she married the king of France.

Looking forward to your work on the rest of the Low Countries.

Last edited:
If you are interested on the Low Countries... Look at this post from me. There you can see the Netherlands.

And thank you for the help! I will see what I can do.

Actually I'm interested in the entire Low Countries (Belgium and the Netherlands), especially since the duchy of Brabant ended up being divided between Belgium and the Netherlands (the outcome of the Dutch revolt (against Spanish Habsburg ruler) was not good for Brabant, the later Belgian revolt (against the kingdom of the United Netherlands) confirmed this) and I'm from the Dutch part of Brabant (aka North Brabant).

Looks nice, especially the western Slavs territory :) But I have some comments on the provinces.

First of all, Lubusz. The castle was on the left side of Odra river, so you might include it in province borders (expanded some to the other side of a river).

Nextly, the Kulm (Chelmno). I think it should be splited to deal with some earlier and later borders of Poland, like it was in Mappa Regnorum. Maybe you have planned it already, but I thought to say it now :)

I will add more after you start with Poland :)

EDIT: Oh, and maybe split Meissen, because it looks too big.

Last edited:
You appear to have Oberschlesien, but not Oberlausitz and Niederlausitz (or maybe you'll make changes to that too). Regarding Lubusz/Lebus, when it later became a part of Brandenburg the territory east of the Oder was known as Sternberg (Sternberger Land). Originally the Western border of the Lebusz land was from south to north near these towns Beeskow, Fürstenwalde and Buckow. Anyway territories with conflicting claims can be interesting, especially when these became a part of another realm roughly in the middle of the period covered by the game.

The marches of Zeitz and Merseburg can be split from Meissen, maybe you could also add Vogtland.

Last edited:
You appear to have Oberschlesien, but not Oberlausitz and Niederlausitz (or maybe you'll make changes to that too). Regarding Lubusz/Lebus, when it later became a part of Brandenburg the territory east of the Oder was known as Sternberg (Sternberger Land). Originally the Western border of the Lebusz land was from south to north near these towns Beeskow, Fürstenwalde and Buckow. Anyway territories with conflicting claims can be interesting, especially when these became a part of another realm roughly in the middle of the period covered by the game.

Ober- and Unterlausitz are in my mod. Unterlausitz is Luzici and Oberlausitz is Budissin (Bautzen). Land Budissin was the name of the Oberlausitz untill the 15th century.

The marches of Zeitz and Merseburg can be split from Meissen, maybe you could also add Vogtland.

Wherefrom did you know, what I actualy do? I work on Thuringia and Meissen. Ther is a lot to do. And Vogtland is in the game... But it was call Plauen. Whats not completly wrong, the Vogtland has his name from the "Vögte of Weida, Gera and Plauen". Meissen and Thuringia became very fragmented in my mod.

Ober- and Unterlausitz are in my mod. Unterlausitz is Luzici and Oberlausitz is Budissin (Bautzen). Land Budissin was the name of the Oberlausitz untill the 15th century.

I know that, but I was referring to the naming of the provinces; maybe I ought to have been more clear.

I know that, but I was referring to the naming of the provinces; maybe I ought to have been more clear.

Aaaah... Now I think I have understand you... Hehe. I will change Oberschlesien. Ober- and Unterschlesien aren't good names for this provinces. I will see how i can handle the Silesian Duchies. (That a really many...)