• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

BenStrike

Recruit
40 Badges
Aug 8, 2009
  • Cities in Motion 2
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
Is there a way to make a metro or tram line have a dead end stop and not go around in a loop? Basically if I have stops A, B, and C, can I make my metro go from A to C, reverse and then go from C to A? Or does it have to go around in a complete circle? So far I've been building bizarre looking rail line circles and I'm hoping theres another way.

Haven't tried it with the tram but have a feeling it wouldn't work, but the metro doesn't need looped track.

So with a layout like so, numbers are one side of the track, letters the opposite:

1 == 2 == 3
A == B == C

The stops would be 1, 2, 3, B, 1.

Here's a picture:
cl1.png

cl2.png

cl3.png

cl4.png

cl5.png

Telling the metro where to go is as simple as picking all the platforms you'd like it to visit, then selecting the first one to end the loop.

I have sometimes ended lines with a very small loop, to increase line capacity. The train arrives in platform 1, and it's the end of the line so everyone gets off. The train keeps going in the same direction, out of the station, round a loop, and back into the station on platform 2 where it loads its passengers. Meanwhile, another train has come into platform 1. If the first train just went straight out of platform 1 in the normal way, the second train would have to wait slightly longer for the junction to be clear before it can come in. In the beta, I didn't find this very useful though, because it takes so long for train 1 to load that train 2 just ends up sat in the loop. The advantage: train 2's passengers get off the train sooner, and spend money for tram and bus tickets sooner, and after spending time at their destination will make another journey on your transport system sooner.
cl6.png

cl7.png

Frustratingly, trains always take the shortest route, which means the inner track of the loop, which means the line is crossing over itself here. In the beta, I found the line got stuck sometimes when a train was in the loop, another train blocks the crossing, and no-one can move. If the trains could take the outer line, this wouldn't be a problem!

Last edited: