• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Netr0

First Lieutenant
9 Badges
Dec 11, 2009
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Sengoku
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
What is the rate of re elections? Also whats the best way to become elected? Do you need 100+ relation or 200 with the electorates? Im doing the Burg/Pal route for Germany. I went to 1495 and missed out on the election earlier, I have the 3 countries needed for vassalization.

Also is the election random based on a % Chance for each country to win?

Each time current Emperor dies. The country with correct State Religion or location, a monarch able to be elected and with the best relations with the Electors including specific bonuses always wins. There is a little random added to the relations for the determination of the final result.

Your best chance is to have relation at +200 with each Elector but this could be not sufficient because of the possible bonuses of other countries (Austria in particular) and the little random.

Ah so its semi impossible for me since im at horrid relations with everyone by 1477 and that is my earliest save :S

You just need a majority right. I might be able to pull that off if i re vassalize some of the countries I annexed to get instant 200 relations, that and up my mainz saxony relations.

Bah keep failing even though I vassaled most of the voters and I have 200 relations with 10 votes 9 of which are all higher than Austria(one is 200 with austria as well) And I still keep losing :(

Random part is a tenth of elector bonus.

hre = {
_HRE_ELECT_ELECTOR_BONUS_ = 100 #Positive
_HRE_ELECT_SPECIAL_BONUS_ = 25 #Positive
_HRE_ELECT_RANDOM_BONUS_ = 10 #Positive

So if Austria is emperor before 1493 they will have a 100 relation bonus with all electorals?
If so, do they go past 200?

No, Austria gets the special bonus. The elector bonus is what you get if you're voting for yourself. And yes, the score can exceed 200 for each elector.