• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Copernicus

I survived 2079
91 Badges
Jul 21, 2012
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Victoria 2
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Sword of the Stars
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Ship Simulator Extremes
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings III
  • BATTLETECH
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Surviving Mars
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • PDXCON 2017 Standard Ticket holder
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
Hello there,

I have tried to update one of my Workshop items but I cannot do so. The ingame content manager still just says Share and automatically creates a new Workshop item. As such, I have no way of notifying all subscribers of the updated version :( My mod is a DLL, if that helps.

Edit: Seems like you have to subscribe to your own mod in order to update it. Unfortunately the information you get when clicking 'update' is complete nonsense, both description and name read 407616715 for me (which is the Workshop id).

Regards,
-cope.

Last edited:
Yeah, I think this area of the content manager needs some improvement. You are right, you have to subscribe, I only know this because someone somewhere figured it out and mentioned it offhand in a comment somewhere. You wouldn't have clue otherwise.

But why do we have to retype out the description again and re-replace the preview image? I don't want to overwrite the detailed description I have already on the workshop.

Also, I'm not even sure if the file is being correctly updated. I'm uploading a LUT, which the game translates into a .crp file. Is it updating it or is it just using the pre-existing one? Unfortunately I have no way to test this, since the kind of adjustments people make to LUTs between versions are quite subtle sometimes.

I would like to be able to see that the game sees: 'version of file on workshop last modified xxx' 'version on hard drive in addons folder is updated yyy (newer)'. There should be a very obvious dialog asking you, 'do you want to take your newer version and update the version on the workshop?'

edit: over an hour after updating my file and workshop never pushed out an update, so I guess it's just not working.

Last edited:
Updating works fine for me. When updating, click the small folder icon in the image to open the folder that contains the files to be uploaded. Search for the file you want to update in that folder and replace it with your updated version.

Updating works fine for me. When updating, click the small folder icon in the image to open the folder that contains the files to be uploaded. Search for the file you want to update in that folder and replace it with your updated version.
I can't find any "small folder icon"... We're talking about C#-API mods here, right?

Edit: OMG, found it! It's very small next to the "publish source code" checkbox on the left side. Okay, got this... But do I have to update both files (source + dll) or is the source file enough? And do I have to replace these weird values for name and describtion or should I leave them? Thanks!

Last edited:
Right. Click on 'update' in the Content Manager. A window pops up with some text fields on the right and an image to the left. That image has a small icon in its lower right corner. This is what I am talking about.

Right. Click on 'update' in the Content Manager. A window pops up with some text fields on the right and an image to the left. That image has a small icon in its lower right corner. This is what I am talking about.
Did you see my edit? :)
But do I have to update both files (source + dll) or is the source file enough? And do I have to replace these weird values for name and describtion or should I leave them? Thanks!

Replace all files with your new version, DLL and source alike. The weird value is the workshop id of your entry. You will have to reenter your information. Yes, it sucks.

This is a ridiculously unclear process.

Why is it the first time, the game detects that you've put a mod file in your appdata and allows you to upload that, but the second time, you have to open the virtual folder and replace the .crp file that it has generated? That doesn't make any sense, at least for LUT files, I actually thought it was re-generating that .crp file from my new LUT, because it has new modified times when you click Update.

Thanks! I was looking for how to do it too.
I think it makes sense to subscribe to your own mod in a way.

You want to keep the Release version and Development version separated!
It does sucks I have to re-enter my things again. I think this is a bug.

Hi,

We do not support updating items through the manager yet. As pointed out above, you can "work around" that by subscribing to your own mod and copy the new version in the worshop staging folder after pressing update.
We will be adding proper support to updating workshop items as soon as we have gotten the crash bugs users are currently reporting out of the way.

Hi,

We do not support updating items through the manager yet. As pointed out above, you can "work around" that by subscribing to your own mod and copy the new version in the worshop staging folder after pressing update.
We will be adding proper support to updating workshop items as soon as we have gotten the crash bugs users are currently reporting out of the way.

Okay, well thanks for the information, good to actually know what the right method currently is.