• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

rashtrakut

Major
32 Badges
Aug 9, 2006
  • Sengoku
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • 500k Club
  • Rome: Vae Victis
  • Victoria 2
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Deus Vult
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
Have asked this multiple times in the past, but the UI for India continues to be messed up. So when you try to choose a king you get someone long dead and you can only pray when you start the game the right ruler shows up.

A bigger issue is that the entire list of Sri Lankan monarchs seems to be random (and as a result absent from history). So prominent rulers like Parakramabahu the Great or his wife Lilavati who later ruled in her own right and give you a rare woman ruler to play in the subcontinent are missing.

Sri Lanka is one of the few places in the subcontinent where the entire regnal list is available. See link here

Since there is a major bug fixing patch coming, please do fix this. For example as someone noted on the reigning women's thread, you may not realize that there is a reigning monarch Rudramma Devi because when you go to the Kingdom of Telangana her long deceased ancestor Beta I shows up in the interface.

Thanks

Upvote 0
The first thing doesn't seem to be UI related. It's simply that there are missing title holders in those places at those times. So if you know of who those missing people are, feel free to list them. Else I'll be on a lookout. I suggested implementing some of the people like Rudramma Devi and the ones in the list to our database scripter however :) Thanks for the report!

Thanks....In a few cases it just seems that the coding when you select has not been updated to reflect the actual king. Often shows up when the portrait does not have the king or duke circle around it as you will see when you add Rudramma.

Hope you add the Lankan monarchs...thanks for responding :)

The first thing doesn't seem to be UI related. It's simply that there are missing title holders in those places at those times. So if you know of who those missing people are, feel free to list them. Else I'll be on a lookout. I suggested implementing some of the people like Rudramma Devi and the ones in the list to our database scripter however :) Thanks for the report!

Rudramma Devi is in

Code:
189239 = {
    name="Rudramadevi" #
    dynasty=1029179
    female=yes
    religion="hindu"
    culture="telugu"
    trait=kshatriya
    trait=shaivist_hindu
    father=189238
    1240.1.1={
        birth="1240.1.1"
    }
    1260.1.1={
        add_spouse=189244
    }
    1289.1.1={
        death="1289.1.1"
    }
}

The issue is , that the history for the Duchy of Warangal d_warangal.txt ends with Kingdom of Maharastra as liege.

Code:
1055.1.1=
{
    holder = 189232
    liege = k_maharastra
}
1076.1.1=
{
    holder = 189233
}

The same for the duchy of Racakonda (complete history file)

Code:
860.1.1={
    holder = 178008
    liege = k_maharastra
}

The "complete" history for the Kingdom of Telingana speaks for itself:

Code:
1083.1.1=
{
    holder = 189233 
}

As you say, incomplete history files. Hope it gets fixed.

edit: also why can't i marry a man as female ruler ? Because my character is 41 (above 36 rule), while i still can get pregant until 45 ?
Makes no sense!!! It's not a courtier i want to marry off. *sigh*..and even then...

Used to be different and used to be good.
I sincerly advise revisting all of these "optimising" changes done since 2.04.

Last edited: