• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Simoleum

Lt. General
66 Badges
Jan 13, 2013
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
Are there any Norwegian/Danish localization or language mods available? I've learned so much geography from this game but unfortunatly most are english names, and these are often different than your own language. Anyone? If not, who wants one?

Thanks.

I'd assume not. I don't even think there's a Swedish localization, and it's both larger than Denmark/Norway, and the home of the game.

This is a side effect of everyone in your country learning English, I guess. You get job opportunities and connection with global culture, but lose localization consideration for most games.

I'd love to see a Norsk/Dansk localization though, it'd be fun to brush up on Norwegian while playing Vicky.

I'd assume not. I don't even think there's a Swedish localization, and it's both larger than Denmark/Norway, and the home of the game.

This is a side effect of everyone in your country learning English, I guess. You get job opportunities and connection with global culture, but lose localization consideration for most games.

I'd love to see a Norsk/Dansk localization though, it'd be fun to brush up on Norwegian while playing Vicky.
I think a great idea would be to - when Vic3 is in production - to have people from the forum localize for them. There are plenty of users here who are for example Norwegian. It would require a team of like 5-10 forum users to make sure the translation is good (obviously articulate and dedicated). What do you think?

The game is amazing at teaching history and geography, which you tend to use most in your native tongue. But mostly place names, and country names which are different from language to language.

God, please no.. I hate games with Danish localization, it sounds weird and childish. At least you can usually turn it back to English, but doing them is a complete waste of time in the first place.

Probably because only content made for children has ever been translated.. a side effect of having just 5 million people. In-game localization can be nice flavour though, like what CK2 has for some provinces (provinces change name depending on the culture of the owner).

God, please no.. I hate games with Danish localization, it sounds weird and childish. At least you can usually turn it back to English, but doing them is a complete waste of time in the first place.

Probably because only content made for children has ever been translated.. a side effect of having just 5 million people. In-game localization can be nice flavour though, like what CK2 has for some provinces (provinces change name depending on the culture of the owner).
If you translate it correct then it isn't weird and childish. It may be unusual, but still would be a nice flavor, and wouldn't cost Paradox anything if forum teams dealt with localization in smaller languages

I only want PDS to localise for immersion or where economically viable, that is, provincial names or political parties or royal titles or ...
But of course, if people from the community desires to localise, go for it. There's a modding section, you can make a grand localisation mod.
Personally, I won't use it and I won't participate in making it. So my verdict would be: Go for it.

Only Sims, Fifa etc. scale games tend to have Nordic translations.
In this kind of game the work would be horrendous. No-one is left out with English, but in language zones such as French and German there are people that probably aren't comfortable relying on English in this kind of demanding environment.