• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Edungeon

First Lieutenant
85 Badges
Feb 16, 2007
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • War of the Roses
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • The Showdown Effect
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Leviathan: Warships
  • Magicka
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Hey, playing as Belgium in the late-game (1920s) I managed to free India from the United Kingdom... but they start Uncivilized and with zero techs. Their coal, dye and iron production just plummet and they won't have time to recover. Is this working as intended? Because it just doesn't seem right for a big market as the Indian to just disappear in terms of consumers and raw goods production because they are now free :\ (and I hoped they would give me the edge to increase my industrial score). Any thoughts?

Thanks

you could change the HND - India.txt file so that India is a civilized country instead.
That would make the uk incline to release it at games start

Because of the fall of the Indian market and the rise of China as a industrial powerhouse my game had a overproduction crisis (my monopoly on electric parts may have a part in it...) so there isn't much point now about India :\ they at least are civilizing very fast (are 60% now). There should be some bonus or free tech to countries in the late game, but well, what can you do? Thanks for the replies, guys. If this happens again I will have to manually change the save file, lesson learned.

To be honest that's quite interesting though. What sort of noticeable changes have happened to the world economic market? I've never played to the point of looking in depth at markets in the game.

Because of the fall of the Indian market and the rise of China as a industrial powerhouse my game had a overproduction crisis (my monopoly on electric parts may have a part in it...) so there isn't much point now about India :\ they at least are civilizing very fast (are 60% now). There should be some bonus or free tech to countries in the late game, but well, what can you do? Thanks for the replies, guys. If this happens again I will have to manually change the save file, lesson learned.

There already exists a bonus for behind time techs, for all nations. If you pay attention you'll notice that tech prices slowly and steadily drop, starting from the 1836 techs and on, so as a late Westernizer all the early techs are already incredibly cheap so they will eventually catch up somewhat.

There already exists a bonus for behind time techs, for all nations. If you pay attention you'll notice that tech prices slowly and steadily drop, starting from the 1836 techs and on, so as a late Westernizer all the early techs are already incredibly cheap so they will eventually catch up somewhat.

Does the westernisation reforms become cheaper though?

That's the problem, I don't think the bonus applies to westernisation reforms. I was lucky because the smallers Indian states got independent after a revolution in Britain and then started to conquer india, restoring the overall production in the region.

To be honest that's quite interesting though. What sort of noticeable changes have happened to the world economic market? I've never played to the point of looking in depth at markets in the game.

As I was playing with Belgium, resource management was very important for me. After getting India as a sphere they contributed nothing with dye, coal, timber or tea production, so they become useless in that area. Because I had a monopoly in Radio, Auto-mobile, Telephone and Aeroplane production, I always kept and eye in the world demand. After liberating India, the demand dropped (I guess from the huge and rich aristocrat pops that suddenly were very inefficient). I don't remember by how much it got smaller, but it was noticeable :\