• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

shaunthepr0n

Private
6 Badges
Oct 4, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
As the title says, playing as the Umayyads I am unable to create any titles at all. I have usurped a couple, but I'm not allowed to create any. This includes any of the duchies in Mauritania, or Mauritania itself, despite owning all of it.

What do you mean by "no option appearing" do you mean the dropdown notifying you that you can create a title isn't appearing or that the button to create title is greyed out in the de jure view?

It sounds like you disabled the alert for being able to create a title. Go to the outliner, the pop out box on the right middle side of the screen. There are two buttons at the top, click on the one that looks like a list. This will open the outliner categories menu. Check the box that says "disabled alerts" and close the outliner categories menu. Now at the bottom of the outliner, it will show all alerts you have disabled (if any). Click on any disabled alert in outliner to re-enable it. The alert you want is called something like "Can create title".

You can also find a title in the title finder, which can be accessed by a small button in bottom right corner of the screen, beneath the minimap.

You can also find any duchy or de jure kingdom title by click on a county in the de jure duchy/kingdom you want to create. In the county menu that pops up, there is a coat of arms below the holder's portrait with the coat of arms and names of its de jure duchy and kingdom. Click on the coat of arms to bring up the title menu for the duchy/kingdom.