• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

MinotaurWarrior

Sergeant
1 Badges
May 8, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II
So, in my current Sogdian Dynasty game (currently on the second generation, reigning as emperor of Tartaria) none of my siblings (who hold duke and king-tier titles) seem to be taking any cocubines to shore up the bloodline. The effects of this are already showing, with at least one of them having already died with no surviving children, as all their kids died as children due to bad traits. My direct family is doing alright, because of my cocubines, and the spare daughters / sistersI've matri-married to random dudes have had their husbands take concubines, but for some reason, my extended family just refuses to make good decisions. What gives? Is there some way I can make my brothers / cousins take concubines without switching characters (I don't play in ironman)?

Unfortunately there's no way to make them take concubines (or even offer them concubines), it's a shame. I guess some characters just aren't interested. Perhaps they're content with their wives, or sister-wives, or daughter-wives, whatever.

oh, does the game have the word for that too? I was glad to see it say "sister-wife" and "daughter-wife" when appropriate, but sadly all my aunt-wives and others were just plain "wives" :(