• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

shulima

Captain
49 Badges
Jun 13, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Surviving Mars
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Crusader Kings II: Jade Dragon
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Shadowrun: Dragonfall
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Prison Architect
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Snowfall
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
Tempted to make her an empress just to see what happens...

4EoHGDG.png

That actually reminds me of recent weirdness I had where in the first daughter I had with my second wife ended up being inbred. Thing is, the parents where in no way related. The father was the (by this point) King of Brittany, Konan de Rennes, and the mother was Adelaide Salian, sister of good ol' Heinrich the IV.

And then we had 3 perfectly healthy children afterward.

Maybe the game got puzzled as I my first wife was her sister maybe?

I find it rather amusing that the stat bonus/malus from genius and inbred completely cancel each other out, and the health boost from strong outdoes the loss from inbred. Fertility is still a bit low but maybe with some well placed traits...

Nah, I just think your daughter might secretly be an heir to the HRE :rolleyes:

See, that was what I thought too, but I checked using the console and near as I can determine, the kid was mine. I don't even think the Kaiser had the seduction focus. 90% sure it was carousing.

And It is highly unlikely he was pregnant when we wed as she was celibate before hand.

Yes, I have been making significant use of the console in this game. Twas the only way I survived simultaneous Shia and Sunni jihads for Jerusalem. And I STILL only managed a white peace after nearly depleting the manpower of just about every merc group in Europe.

That's stranger than when I managed to spawn a child that was attractive, genius and strong grew up to a brilliant strategist, had only virtues, the perfect heir only one problem... It was a girl and I was a Patrician so had male only succession.

In fact every child my rulers get that have even two good born traits always seem to be girls and every attempt I made to have a unrelated strong and genius couple breed always goes wrong with in one case I ended up with a entire branch of my family, three generations worth and they all had the slow trait.

I got three inbred children in a row with the first generation of inbreeding(half siblings) on my last Zoroastrian play through. One of them was a genius and lived to reproduce as a hilariously screwed but still almost capable first born son. Thankfully his father lived into his eighties so I managed to go elective twice even after I conquered a duchy as a count in his 60's. I got one more on the first generation of inbreeding(full siblings) on the current one.

I've stopped playing them for a while, massive quantities of inbred, fewer lunatics than the Welsh play through I was doing before, me thinks it's broke. It was a bit too much of a challenge, having a third of my offspring be severely retarded, and the same thing occurring with my vassals as I grew larger.

A perfectly run independence revolt on the Abbasids, made successful by me killing 30K+ troops with 6K of my own as the idiot AI wasted their time on sieges, sat at 100% for decades without a surrender being forced in the second play through. It made it all the more irritating to be dodging negative genetic traits on 25% plus of my offspring.

I got an inbred once from parents belonging from two completely unrelated lines (they maybe shared a great-grandfather, but that's it), must have been something with a bad RNG result.

Meanwhile, my horrifically inbred Jewish Khans and Kings had a massive, healthy family despite centuries of inbreeding to keep the royal line strong (I picked up strong and genius in the first couple of generations and needed to keep those traits in the ruling line!).

Meanwhile, my horrifically inbred Jewish Khans and Kings had a massive, healthy family despite centuries of inbreeding to keep the royal line strong (I picked up strong and genius in the first couple of generations and needed to keep those traits in the ruling line!).
The game doesn't really consider repeated inbreeding a thing of its own. Each pairing is treated as a discreet occurrence without any particular consideration as to past generations, so the game doesn't draw a distinction between 15 generations of constant inbreeding and doing it for the first time.

Which is too bad. Watching a dynasty like the Karlings or one of the commonly inbred player dynasties get progressively less and less fit to rule, vomiting out more and more genetic deformities would be fun. Hell, even having successive inbreeding produce an abnormal number of maniacs (a la Zoroastrianism) would be hilarious, not to mention historical.

I got an inbred once from parents belonging from two completely unrelated lines (they maybe shared a great-grandfather, but that's it), must have been something with a bad RNG result.

In this case inbreeding is perfectly valid, her parents share a father. Was just too tempting not to try.

Alas, there will be no inbred genius empress, because she became incapable soon after birth. :(

As a side note, my attempts to produce a Kwisatz Haderach seem to result in a lot of genius girls. Considering switching HRE to Cathar.