• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Halcyan

General
25 Badges
Oct 28, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings III: Royal Edition
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV
While this is not as severe as the Catholic Anti-Pope problem, I have noticed in my current 769 ERE game, that due to Way of Life scheming, the Ecumenical Patriarch is constantly getting murdered (every couple of years).

Half the time he gets captured (by an Orthodox subject) and then blinded or castrated. Amusingly enough, he doesn't have the initiative to excommunicate the guy (who is a legal excommunication target).

The other half of the time, he dies under suspicious circumstances (or is murdered outright) by another of my vassals.

Anyone else have similar issues?

I've seen that in my game as Langobardia. Was just sitting, minding my own business, when I realized that the Patriarchs are getting succeeded way too soon. One Patriarch died in a week (!) after the previous one. Most of them were murdered by random dukes within the empire.

Yeah, I've noticed. It was really really bad back when the levy bug was still around, when almost everybody in the Greek/Georgian/Armenian world was blinded/and or castrated because of constant scheming, including the Patriarchs. It's still kind of silly. The only person who ought to be able to imprison, blind or castrate the Patriarch is the Emperor him/herself.

Dunno about the Patriarch but my character's keep being picked off for seemingly no reason. Since WoL I have tried to play two games; one as Republic and one as a count somewhere in Denmark. Both times I have had character after character murdered to the point that it's pointless playing.