• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

alfian

Major
13 Badges
Feb 17, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
We expecting more portraits! especially western base, with many different part hair and beard for saxon, etc. Also split Georgian and Armenian from byzantine part, use persian base for them would be more better. And persian base can be use for alan (iranian nomad) but with different part hair, beard and clothing.

Why do people keep going on about the western portraits! they're fine and only needed a clothing pack, which they got.
The only places that really need new portraits are the Finno-Ugric, The South/West Slavs and the Hungarians.

I'd like updated Arab portraits the most. The women generally look OK, but there are no good beards for the men, and I need an awesome beard if I'm gonna get my Jihad on!

It actually makes me gravitate toward Persians and Turks for Muslim games just because they look so much better.

That's true. Hungarians, Slavs and Finno-Ugric would be a good one.
Especially Finno-Ugrics.
I just hate how some tribal guy in the forgotten North, tending to his reindeers (nothing against Finno-Ugrics, I play them quite often, but they were kinda isolated up there) looks exactly like the allmighty Karling king of Western Europe! That really ruins Immersion.

We expecting more portraits! especially western base, with many different part hair and beard for saxon, etc. Also split Georgian and Armenian from byzantine part, use persian base for them would be more better. And persian base can be use for alan (iranian nomad) but with different part hair, beard and clothing.

They won't split packs to require portions of another. It was already enough of an issue when the Eastern Meds required the Byzantines (both before and after the update), so there are mods for that.

Like a lot of others have said I think that basically Finno-Ugrics and Central Europe/Balkans (West Slavs, South Slavs, Hungarians) need improvement. Do we really want a Bulgarian or Serb Duke looking like they're straight out of France or Germany? Or even worse, some Hungarians looking like they're practically from Mongolia.

Why do people keep going on about the western portraits! they're fine and only needed a clothing pack, which they got.
The only places that really need new portraits are the Finno-Ugric, The South/West Slavs and the Hungarians.
r

perhaps because they disagree on them being fine?

also clothing packs for the early period i have to buiy seperatly are not fixing the issues people have

Moar beards plz.

But seriously, the new Greek beards are excellent. I'd love to see something better available for the other faces, including vanilla. There are a few beards and mustaches that look fine but aren't properly aligned.