• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(721889)

Private
1 Badges
Apr 4, 2013
  • Cities in Motion 2
We still have plans for Cities in Motion 2!

about 3 months then...

Cities in Motion 2: Soundtrack DLC
4,99€

http://store.steampowered.com/app/310050/

Seriously? :eek:hmy:

Is it like a fascist politic for CIM2?

:excl: All recent forum threads and its comments that users wrote to communicate is ignored,
:excl: Very abstractive and unidirectional saying or an enforcement for users to stay shut up and wait(?)
:excl: What is the plan? If you had some... Was it a CIM2 Soundtrack DLC?

When CIM2 developer need users support for their goal, perhaps developing Cities Skylines, They speak out publicly, for example on facebook page announcing a CIM2 Soundtrack DLC.
cim-ost-dlc-facebook.png

But when game users of CIM2 need to speak their voice, there is NO response.....
For me it seems that CIM2 related personnels behaviours, who are in charge of communicating with a their own game user, are very similar to ignoring, authoritative fascist politician.

I really like to spend time playing CIM series but I am shocked by this total irresponsible communication... if there is a response even...

Last edited:
The responses the developers received in the other thread were sometimes rude and hostile. I can understand them not wanting to put up with that. Calling it a "fascist politic" makes it less likely you will get a response.

For myself, I am excited about the upcoming Cities: Skylines game, and seeing the developer blog, I understand why they are spending their time on that rather than their previous game.

14-08-2014 22:40, co_martsu wrote that there is plans for CIM2. It it quite normal to expect to see what are the plans for a reader in this comment.

Thanks! We really appreciate the support :)

We're discussing with the higher-ups about our options and we will give you guys something new for Cities in Motion 2 before moving on to Cities: Skylines completely. I'm also hoping we get to make plenty of new games in the future, one of them being a new transport simulator :) There are so many games we want to make and so little time... :(
15-08-2014 17:44, co_martsu wrote that there will be something new for CIM2 given to users before moving on to Cities: Skylines completely. Will this commitment with users be kept?

I would hope that we can keep an open dialogue here on the Forums and I would encourage you not to be disrespectful toward me or anyone else working on Cities in Motion games, thank you. So keep the tone civil in the future please.

I agree it would be nice to expand directly the existing game, but technically it made sense for us to start with a clean slate. Also the concept of the game is rather different from Cities in Motion. We will of course utilize the best parts of Cities in Motion 2 but unfortunately some design choices are too deep in the code and therefore it's impossible for us to build a city builder on top of CIM2.

As for what new is coming for CIM2, something small and nice that will hopefully make at least some of you happy. I will let you know as soon as we have a green light to start working on it :)
18-08-2014 15:15, co_martsu wrote that co_martsu wants to keep an open dialogue here. Intention to have continuing dialogues or conversations. Was this commitment kept? I cannot find any response and willingness to communicate with us from 25th September last year.
co_martsu also wrote that CIM2 development plan is that it is something small and nice. Something small and nice(?). Small and Nice...!?... :blink:

I'm still hopeful we can keep working on CIM2, but we'll just have to wait and see.
25-09-2014 12:00, co_martsu wrote that we wait and see. It is quite a typical political method of fascist politician.
And this latest comment was unclear, already 4 months ago.

Was co_martsu so busy that co_martsu could not have time to maintain communication with us as co_martsu committed on 15th of August 2014 at 17:44. Which was a response and justify to a user whom co_martsu taught that user was disrespectful, and also co_martsu said directly "keep the tone civil" to that user at the same time as he commits to maintain contact with us. Does co_martsu kept "civilised" self (as in co_martsu tone) to stick with co_martsu's promise and commitment with users?

http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/search.php?searchid=4800420
Above link links to history of co_martsu's forum activity. co_martsu was and is very active on forum.

So I experience this disregard from CIM2 communicator is intentionally and deliberately ignored.

Last edited:
Sorry but you cannot compare our developers to a "fascist" or worse a "politician" :)

CO is a small developer and they are hard at work with Cities Skylines.
If you want to make a request for a comment or more information that is great, but keep it polite and avoid trolling.
You catch more flies with honey. ;)

I will pass the request along and see if we can get you some more information.

Sorry but you cannot compare our developers to a "fascist" or worse a "politician" :)

CO is a small developer and they are hard at work with Cities Skylines.
If you want to make a request for a comment or more information that is great, but keep it polite and avoid trolling.

I CANNOT express what is my experience like? Sorry but I hope that you didn't mean to enforce restriction on people's expression to try to have open conversation with developer. :eek:

Thanks for that you showed up to engage this conversation with us but I was expecting to have more information about result of CIM2 development sine latest comment by co_martsu on 25th of September last year. Instead, You wrote known informations already all knows.

I am aware that CO is a small developer,
I am also aware that CO is hard at work with new game.

So are these two reasons justify a CO's disregardful communication and not keeping with their commitment?

Are you, Admin, and developers aware about what is users current need for communication?

"Is Cities in Motion 2 abandoned?"

Yes, it's time to move on (to Cities: Skylines).

To tell you the truth I still like SiM2 better City Skylines at this point. Because of the flexibility of the road,rail system and the detailed buildings that can mold into the terrain at any angle without seeing the zoning grid underneath it. I would them to incorporate some ideas from City Skyline like different style of bridges, airport, shipping port. Policies for areas and Sim identifications etc. Even make the map tile larger if they can.
This game would really rock!!

I'm also sad, because CiM series was a game just meant for me. It was my top played game next to OMSI, so I'm also sad to see this going into the depths of hell.

"Is Cities in Motion 2 abandoned?"

Yes, it's time to move on (to Cities: Skylines).
No that's not for me! :angry:
CSL is a city builder game NOT at transport game. Thus CSL can never be a replacement for CIM2 (or CIM1). I've moved on to Train-Fever because it's a transport game; that's my interest. :)

I really would love a CiM3. I have so many ideas to improve the gameplay a lot, yet all are possible to make and not impossible thoughts. I spend so much time in CiM and I would love to recreate the feeling I had with this game.

( CO, If you want to hear what I have to say, after all an educated transport expert, message me. :p)

So, I'm curious.....why exactly would I buy CIM3 or this Skyline thing having purchased CIM2 and found that it's only half-finished and has been abandoned by the developers. (Despite what they said earlier)

There is a saying in my country 'Once bitten, twice shy'. I find it amazing that some people seem to be excited about Skylines etc. when they've already seen evidence that its probably going to be half finished and quickly abandoned once you've spent money on it.

Despite its flaws I really enjoyed CiM2 so I pre-ordered Cities Skylines. In my opinion it already looks better than any city building game that has come out in the past 10 years. I understand your reluctance to buy their products if you are unhappy with CiM2. You can always wait until after reviews are out to purchase Skylines or a theoretical CiM3 :).

So, I'm curious.....why exactly would I buy CIM3 or this Skyline thing having purchased CIM2 and found that it's only half-finished and has been abandoned by the developers. (Despite what they said earlier)

There is a saying in my country 'Once bitten, twice shy'. I find it amazing that some people seem to be excited about Skylines etc. when they've already seen evidence that its probably going to be half finished and quickly abandoned once you've spent money on it.

Although CiM2 vastly improved since release especially with the DLC's, I also feel a little reluctant on skylines. Cities in Motion 2 looked amazing from pictures and video, but the pictures don't convey things like bugs and crashes. Skylines does indeed look amazing, but I've learned to videos and screenshots with a grain of salt. With that said, I've been itching for a good city sim game to replace SimCity 4 and Skylines looks like the game I've always wanted. I will probably pre-order anyway.

No? How about liars?

So here we are over a month later and still no flies with honey or vinegar So not only is the developer a bunch of liars but so is the producer. Where is the reply? There is none because they know we are right and that you don't really care about the players, only their money.