• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Elio V

Sergeant
11 Badges
Apr 14, 2011
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
Hi everybody!
After years of EU II I decided to change to FTG definitely.
Then I started changing game files and I asked someone about a file that can change provinces file just to save a lot of time.
The link to download it posted much time ago in another thread is out of service.

Hi everybody!
After years of EU II I decided to change to FTG definitely.
Then I started changing game files and I asked someone about a file that can change provinces file just to save a lot of time.
The link to download it posted much time ago in another thread is out of service.

The link in the "Third party tools" thread is broken
http://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum...arty-Tools&p=10382769&viewfull=1#post10382769

What exactly do you want to change about provinces? Most files in FtG can be simply edited with an editor like notepad.

Last edited:
I simply looked for a saved file in the past in a modder's HD among people playing FTG now.

Magellan automatically generates province.csv and that tool permitted quick conversion to province.txt so it's very useful to map modders. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it as well.

Magellan automatically generates province.csv and that tool permitted quick conversion to province.txt so it's very useful to map modders. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find it as well.
If I run Magellan on my map now I will get provinces.csv file of EU II, but I already have it.
Province.txt of FTG is easy to understand, but I need too much time to build up from old province.csv.
Anyway it's what I'm doing line after line.

Here's first result: Alaska
Alaska.jpg

That looks really cool! :)
One problem I see is that I've heard there's a limit on the amount of provinces you can create with Magellan (2200 or something like that).

I'm far from 2020 provinces on my map.
Still I have troubles about the regional limit in few areas of the world.
I have no PTI area on my map and I have an Europe large as in reality.
Now I play FTG in 1600x1200 resolution.

I'm far from 2020 provinces on my map.

The 2020 includes river, lake and sea provinces not only land provinces.

Still I have troubles about the regional limit in few areas of the world.
I have no PTI area on my map and I have an Europe large as in reality.

Oh, are you going for a game until the 1890´s? Because before that e.g. Africa wasn´t fully explored or colonized
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scramble_for_Africa#mediaviewer/File:Scramble-for-Africa-1880-1913.png

My scenario is Ages of Struggles and its age is 1337-1915,
in Africa I considered 18 TAGs at the start + 3 as possible revolters.
Europe has less province and less countries than in usual scenarios.
Anyway I'm open to other non-european TAGs of the past.

I have 6 nations in South America on almost all of its provinces:
Amazonas, Chibchas, Chimor, Inca E., Paranà, Tupis.
Feel free to insert a new nation on the map with red lines:
South Am2.jpg

Firstly, that's AMAZING, I'm dying to see what the rest of the world looks like :D

As for my ideas, they are all for the post-colonial period (you pretty much used all the feasible ones for the native americans):
http://i.imgur.com/zmeCA50.jpg

It would also be possible to break up Brazil into its constituent regions:

States_and_Great_Regions_in_Brazil.png

That image is for administrative divisions of Brazil,
about lines I thought about precolombian nations only.
A choose by you related to big Patagonia area: Araucans or Tehuelches?

Those administrative divisions are based on social and economic factors that can affect politics. For example, an unexpected abolition of slavery might trigger a revolt in the northeastern plantation, while a slavocratic government could do the same in the southern states looking to industralize.

A choose by you related to big Patagonia area: Araucans or Tehuelches?

Araucanians.

For Araucanians I inserted ARK tag in country.txt file, nation similar to Paranà.
I developed shields for it, not for flag:
shield_ARK.bmp

Thx very much, I downloaded them.
The 1st flag seems dark in the game, so I'll insert the 2nd one as ARK flag.

Last edited: