why does my game crash when i try to start chapter 2

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

aagen300

Recruit
1 Badges
Dec 24, 2014
  • Magicka 2 - Signup Campaign
I just bought my Magicka game and have fully enjoyed chapter one and now am ready for chapter two but for some reason my game crashes when i try to start. i will open the book, select my game, it will say chapter two and give me the option to start but then when i hit start it shuts down i would like to know if this can be fixed or if im just screwd.

I have this problem too. I've searched on the internet for solutions with no success. However, I did find out that integrated graphics cards could be the reason that Magicka crashes as it does. I'm able to play all the Challenges and even the vampire DLC (The Other Side of the Coin), and also the first chapter of Dungeons and Daemons. I cannot play the other chapters of Dungeons and Daemons, nor the entire Dungeons and Gargolyes DLC, nor the The Stars Are Left DLC. And whenever I attempt to play them, the game exits as if what I pressed was the "quit" button. I play Magicka through Steam, by the way, although I would like to separate Magicka from Steam because I think having Steam opened might contribute to this problem.