Attacking France, white peace out... chance wasted

• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

moenbase

Second Lieutenant
16 Badges
Jul 31, 2013
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
Hello everyone,

This happened to me before: after sieging all the provinces of France and the AI on the winning side. The AI simply made a white peace and end the war. No gains, not even some gold.

This week playing as Castille I was called in to help Austria and it's allies to defend against France.
Now this was quite easy and we sieged about every province of theirs, including the vassals.
I can easily claim some lands, force them to release a few nations or cancel all of their vassals in one war. However, if i do this, then I got the penalty about peaced out early.

It would be nice if there was a way to tell the AI what to claim in a peace deal, or having the thumbs down to them if they peace out on something I certainly wouldn't agree to.
I mean, they also thumbs down me if I claim something they don't like, so why can't we as the player do the same. :)

Hello everyone,

This happened to me before: after sieging all the provinces of France and the AI on the winning side. The AI simply made a white peace and end the war. No gains, not even some gold.

This week playing as Castille I was called in to help Austria and it's allies to defend against France.
Now this was quite easy and we sieged about every province of theirs, including the vassals.
I can easily claim some lands, force them to release a few nations or cancel all of their vassals in one war. However, if i do this, then I got the penalty about peaced out early.

It would be nice if there was a way to tell the AI what to claim in a peace deal, or having the thumbs down to them if they peace out on something I certainly wouldn't agree to.
I mean, they also thumbs down me if I claim something they don't like, so why can't we as the player do the same. :)

You should probably peace out early anyway. The small relations penalty will be gone over time, but France's OP-ness will only get worse if you don't take provinces now.

This is pretty normal AI behavior when they have are low on manpower and possibly engage in a second war or something.

I don't expect Paradox to build new "what peace options make the player ally happy" mechanics into the game for such a minor issue. I also bet that the AI might have made a few different decisions if you would have given them all of your occupations.

The relations hit form a separate peace is negligible, if your ultimate goal is to dismantle France, you should never rely on an ally to do it for you when you have the opportunity.

I wish War Enthusiasm had a level below "Low" for the war leaders. Something like "Yeah, We're Going to Peace Out in a Few Months. Do Whatcha Need To."

Who occupied the land you conquered? It's quite possible the warleader had terrible, possibly even negative warscore against France while you had 50%+ if you were the one that occupied the provinces. This is especially true if France has sieged any of the war leaders provinces. If you want the AI to take a lot from another AI you need to:

1. Make sure the AI doesn't have his provinces sieged, this causes huge WE
2. Make sure you defend the AI stacks so they don't get wiped by France (this means you have to babysit them to a certain extent
3. Transfer occupation of important provinces to the warleader & only keep occupation of provinces that you want in the peace deal.

If AI war exhaustion is low they will generally keep going till everything is occupied and take the maximum they can even if it sometimes causes you huge AE!

did you remember to check the box in the war screen that says "let war leader negotiate for us"? that's pretty important

Hello everyone,

Try to transfer as much occupation as you can to Austria so they can punish France for you (may give you land that you have occupied with claims on them).

Transfer occupation = WS for leader/alliance.

I wish War Enthusiasm had a level below "Low" for the war leaders. Something like "Yeah, We're Going to Peace Out in a Few Months. Do Whatcha Need To."
That's what Low means, surely?