• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

yonderTheGreat

Colonel
114 Badges
Dec 12, 2002
www.planetdungeonsiege.com
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Magicka
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • March of the Eagles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Semper Fi
  • Sengoku
  • Teleglitch: Die More Edition
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • War of the Roses
  • 500k Club
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Cities: Skylines Deluxe Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Knight (pre-order)
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Pride of Nations
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Stellaris: Nemesis
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Darkest Hour
  • Diplomacy
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For The Glory
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
So I'm playing as a Buddhist nation, and I decided to see if there were a single genius out there to take as a concubine. Cuz duh, that's why. :)

So... I find this 28 year old:

(The tooltip info shows that I'm 29)

I ask her to be my concubine and this is the result I get:

... is the game claiming that the 28 year old genius is the child of my 29 year old ruler... or am I missing something?

The images are too small to really see what's going on. (Even as zoomed as I can seem to make them, they're fairly small.)

The child count is saying, No , I will not give up my mother to you as a concubine, because my mother is my child. Probably just to lazy to add a modifier "is my parent". Just pretend it is saying, No I will not give up my mother to you as a concubine, since she is my mother.

or maybe it is a bug

The child count is saying, No , I will not give up my mother to you as a concubine, because my mother is my child. Probably just to lazy to add a modifier "is my parent". Just pretend it is saying, No I will not give up my mother to you as a concubine, since she is my mother.

or maybe it is a bug

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH

... no, no bug, just the wrong description. Got it, and thanks!

Speaking of having a child one years younger than yourself, this did actually happen to me.

When I was six I was holding a feast and the "show Duke's wife around the castle" event popped up, and naturally I clicked it. And low and behold nine months later I had a son, only six years years younger than me.

Not sure if the event fired because of a bug or because I was Norse.

Should say it is my mother, or my relative instead of it s my child.

That is all, you understand why he doesn't give it up.
Needed feature cause nothing more silly then when a new child come to power.
You snatch the mother the quick way with concubine.

Infact enough murders have been plotted just to steal the woman the other way, instead of war and siege.

Speaking of having a child one years younger than yourself, this did actually happen to me.

When I was six I was holding a feast and the "show Duke's wife around the castle" event popped up, and naturally I clicked it. And low and behold nine months later I had a son, only six years years younger than me.

Not sure if the event fired because of a bug or because I was Norse.

Pretty sure I had this event during a regency as well so I think it can actually happen and is purely related to holding a feast. I didn't get a child though.

Pretty sure I had this event during a regency as well so I think it can actually happen and is purely related to holding a feast. I didn't get a child though.

Auch you can throw feast nowadays during reagency period.
Man I can't even get people married with approval of reagent in my new games.

So they allow feasts and other stuff lol
But took away what matters court control and breeding and interaction with other courts.

They patched this.

I thought this was one of those threads on how to sleep with your daughter.

Marry wife.

Have children.

Make your children's wives your lover. Do not recognie it if it is discovered.

Give child from Lover to heir or someone else in the family.

I've had cases where I had childs with all of my children's wives and then had the unknowing children marry each other. In charinfo there actually is a special line called 'REALFATHER: insertnumberhere'.

So yeah, doing a full incest Zoroastrian style game is pretty fun.

I thought this was one of those threads on how to sleep with your daughter.

Or you could be a Zoroastrian and do that. Or have a bastard daughter and not be found out, and then marry/concubine her 16 years later.

You people have an unhealthy obsession.

You people have an unhealthy obsession.

Hey if you played this game without trying to breed a family of dwarves or Strong Genius Aryan super humans, and killed everyone in the family that didn't have those traits you haven't actually played the game!

Well, I did see someone trying to make the strangest possible happening without playing a character himself (as in by handholding an AI dynasty as someone else to become a powerhouse). The strangest one I seen was a republic king of England (or it was Ireland I can't remember perfectly) of Hardrada (Kings of Norway) descent with African genes and was Miaphysite. I couldn't even comprehend.

Last edited:
This forum is on a killing streak with these thread titles.