• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Dragula

Major
100 Badges
Apr 16, 2007
  • 500k Club
So, if you end up in a regency, you still get the question "DO YOU WANT US TO DISTRIBUTE THE DEMENSE", and I select no, because I want to do it myself, but my regent will not let me give away any titles whatsoever. Why is there a base reluctance and how can I make him change his mind?

So, if you end up in a regency, you still get the question "DO YOU WANT US TO DISTRIBUTE THE DEMENSE", and I select no, because I want to do it myself, but my regent will not let me give away any titles whatsoever. Why is there a base reluctance and how can I make him change his mind?

It's not a good idea to acquire a bunch of new titles during a regency. If you grant the regent a title - you might get a new regent that is more amenable to title granting. You could just keep all the new titles and suck up the loss of revenue and opinion for a few years.

It's not a good idea to acquire a bunch of new titles during a regency. If you grant the regent a title - you might get a new regent that is more amenable to title granting. You could just keep all the new titles and suck up the loss of revenue and opinion for a few years.
Yes, but I ended up with regency during a war that I won, which meant more titles.

Hopefully you've got viceroyalties. Give the regent all the titles.

Don't try to make anything out of regencies in CK2 - just give money/honorary titles to your regent to raise his opinion of you, put speed on 5 and pray that you make it to 16 before he lowers your crown authority from high to minimal.

I am ambivalent about complaints about the regency, since it was a period of regency that taught me how to play the game - i.e. I knew it was coming - very old king,very you heir - and I prepared for it by acquiring that I thought would help the boy, and particularly finding him a tutor to act along side the councilors.

I just accepted that I couldn't do anything, and focused instead on the boy king, to make sure that he could, and I wouldn't get into that situation again.

In the Op's situation, I would just hang onto the titles, no matter the penalty, and distribute then when the regency ends.

Yeah, it made more sense when I figured out I needed to make the regent like me more by giving him some titles. Regents shouldn't be smooth sailing, I just didn't know how to give away any titles until I gave him some first.