• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

LeonardoPalhano

Recruit
130 Badges
Jan 6, 2011
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Magicka 2
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Magicka 2: Ice, Death and Fury
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • BATTLETECH - Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Field Marshal
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Gold Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Surviving Mars: First Colony Edition
  • Stellaris: Megacorp
  • Shadowrun Returns
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Darkest Hour
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • BATTLETECH
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria 2
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • 500k Club
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
So i'm playing as japan, and conquered China. Some damn rebels popped up in my newly conquered regions near mongolia, and i've quickly finished them, but not before they snatched two provinces in areas I cannot access. I move my armies there and all that I get is a stupid sound and a annoying red X saying that I can't go there and recover them. WHY!? The regions are hills and deserts. I've tried sending in only marines, mountaineers, cavalry - nothing works. Please help!

It's a known bug, but the good news is that regions without infra don’t have resources, IC, MP, etc. So it might not look great, but that’s the only consequence.

If you find it really disruptive to your game, open the console, type tdbg and you can see the province id numbers. Now open your saved game with notebook, make a back up first, scroll to the province and change the controller to JAP and save. The provinces in saved games are at the top of the file.

Just out of curiosity, do you have any of the expansions?
I remember this happening in Africa with some enemy Italians retreating into low infra provinces and me not being able to chase. This was with only Semper Fi. I've now got all the expansions, and have never seen this happen again (if the region's infra is too low to retreat to, the unit gets destroyed now).

So that must mean this is (yet another) bug you have to buy the expansion to see fixed...which is pretty ridiculous.

It's a known bug, but the good news is that regions without infra don’t have resources, IC, MP, etc. So it might not look great, but that’s the only consequence.

If you find it really disruptive to your game, open the console, type tdbg and you can see the province id numbers. Now open your saved game with notebook, make a back up first, scroll to the province and change the controller to JAP and save. The provinces in saved games are at the top of the file.
Yes but it is easier to just enter "surrender REB JAP" without the quotes; when I am not doing LPs that is what I do because I don´t have patience for stupid rebels/rebellions.

Last edited:
I came here expecting a thread from the Ukrainian president...