• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Nikolaz72

Second Lieutenant
82 Badges
Oct 24, 2014
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Semper Fi
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Magicka
  • Knights of Pen and Paper +1 Edition
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • For the Motherland
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Cities: Skylines
  • War of the Roses
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
So, Hungarians trying to do what Hungarians do and get to Hungary.

One problem.

Everyone apparently hates Hungarians.

Below you, you have Bulgarians. The guy there has a woman he is willing to give to you for a supposed alliance (But as soon as she marries you the alliance is toast so jokes on you, she's useless)
Above you is an unmarried woman who owns Kiev. But she hates you because you're a heretic, she is about to declare war on you.
Around you are three tribal chiefs each eyeing your land, as soon as she declares war they will all come to try and take your land.

Within a month you'll be at war with around 10.000 units half of them have a 50% defensive bonus in their home since they are slavic.

What do you do as this poor Hungarian king?

Ah yes, and did I mention this guys stats are random and usually land around bullshit to bullshit? Last time around my average score was like 5, with several negative traits. He makes the guy in charge of England at the start of EU4 look like a genius.

The Magyars in the 867 start are considered to be one of the easiest starts in the game, and among the best candidates for World Conquest, due to the massive numbers of event troops you get.

If it's CM start, I dunno.

What's the deal with the bulgarians? Is there event nullifying the alliance or do they just not honor it. If the latter, I'd send my chancellor to bulgaria and try to get their opinion up. With actual bulgarian allies this starts to sound doable. Also, I can't remember the hungarian starting position off the top of your head but you may have to do some game of thrones type go east to go west stuff. Just go for the weakest/juiciest stuff and eventually you'll see your opportunity to do your historical invasion if you can survive. But yeah, tribal can be very hard because the ai and you will both be trying to blob as quickly as possible.

Nah the problem is that it says it gives you an alliance but in the end it just doesn't. It's pretty wierd like that.

I still think that for a faction that's supposed to exist in the 9th century and steamroll everything (like they did)

Being pretty much sure-kill within a year in the first start is stupid.