• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ruzen

Lt. General
99 Badges
Nov 19, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Surviving Mars: Digital Deluxe Edition
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Prison Architect
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Deluxe edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Premium edition
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall Season pass
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Age of Wonders: Planetfall - Revelations
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Imperator: Rome - Magna Graecia
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Victoria 2
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Magicka: Wizard Wars Founder Wizard
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
When I try to save game doesnt do that. I cant find it on load game. I tried Ironman but when It starts autosave game freezes. I've checked cloud and local. I accually deleated the game entirely even from "my documents" and tried again but no dice. What is this? I cant save. Any solution or fix it please.

Have you tried turning off compressed saves? It might be causing issues in 32-bit windows.

I have similar issue, but on top of that, all my local AND cloud saves disappeared today (even though yesterday right after the installation of AoW and patch 1.8 update they were still there!). On Ironman when creating game and saving I receive message "Failed to save game for unknown reason. Are you using forbidden characters in the file name? Do you have enough free space?" I am not using any illegal characters - save name is "otto". I do have enough disk space as well. Any suggestions how to fix this?

No. I cant save with any kind of game mode. It doesnt even show as broken or currupted. Load is just empty no mather how many times I tried with different countries, Ironman(on-off) or timeline.
Edit (top): No I'm just using "yy" for save names

By the way, my windows is 64 bit, so whatever issue only affects 32 bit isn't relevant to my case.

I have just tried saving game locally and it worked. Is there any known issue for the cloud saves?

Same here, windows 7 32 bit, bought all add ons but the issue only appeared yesterday, i have unticked the compress game files and a whole load of other combinations but nothing is working, this is combined with constant CTDs too, I then reverted back the old patch 1.7 and everything works, I don't CTD, my saves actually save and appear when I look to load them, so basically the game is unplayable atm for me.

Try a clean reinstall of EU. We will continue looking into the problem!

I reinstalled steam and the game just in case, and I noticed that it installs the base game then the updates come, but for me it says ''update queued'', I then have to manage my downloads to make the update happen even though i have it on auto, I manually started the download and half way through it says error, I then try once more and it works this time, my guess is this error is screwing something up possibly, I started up the game first time and to my surprise the map was just covered in black stripes, as if rebels were occupying every single province, I started at 1444 and it CTD.

Is there anyone getting this issue who does NOT have 32bit Windows? Run dxdiag - how much available system memory do you have?

Is there anyone getting this issue who does NOT have 32bit Windows? Run dxdiag - how much available system memory do you have?
I hope this helps:

Time of this report: 11/1/2014, 06:16:36
Machine name: STYLIAN-PC
Operating System: Windows Vista™ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6002) Service Pack 2 (6002.vistasp2_gdr.130707-1535)
Language: Greek (Regional Setting: Greek)
System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
System Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC
BIOS: Default System BIOS
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU T4200 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 3068MB RAM
Page File: 2709MB used, 3653MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 7.00.6002.18107 32bit Unicode

Status
Not open for further replies.