• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, I don't think so. It could actually be pretty easy. Move some unused transport air ship in a relatively forward base, check the logistics situation for supply problems, and fly a couple of sorties to resupply/refuel units that are stranded. Honestly, I feel it's only a small part in respect to the huge logistics algorithm that has already been achieved.

Let's hope they fix this in HOI4.

Ekhmm...
Something tells me that the way the game is, the human players were also never supposed to build daisy-chains of flying supplies... And since it is not possible to build supply dumps (other than by a convoy route), a single leg air supply operation is down to a 2-3 missions (translated into one day) micromanagement trick at best. After that the transports usually don't have any fuel left to fly themselves. [Read me well: a daisy-chain, or a sea-supplied port will obviously change that.]

But no, I've never seen the AI fly a single air supply mission. I don't think I've seen the AI build a transport plane wing for that matter.

I didnt even know air supplies were a thing.

Yeah it entirely possible to supply a small group of units from the air. It takes a lot of transport planes and it only really works if you drop them right on them so it works best on a narrow front, an encirlement situation or at a place in the lines where you are having a hard time keeping supplied. It also help speed up the supply in an area that has been taken by fast troops and allow them to keep moving.

I will necro this only because I see this so seldom as a topic.

I have set Corps and Armies on AI before & attached transport planes. In one game moving through Iraq / Syria, I saw supply drops on a continuous basis, the infra there nearly all 20%. So I've seen it happen and benefited from it. It's slow - but works. A typical LARM would get 2-3 days of fuel per drop.

How dare you try and take away from the popular pastime of bashing the AI. It must be stupid, I tell you! Stupid!

:p:p:p