• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shidan

Major
105 Badges
Aug 30, 2013
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Majesty 2 Collection
  • Impire
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Tyranny - Tales from the Tiers
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Mount & Blade: Warband
  • Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Stellaris
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Stellaris: Galaxy Edition
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Age of Wonders III
  • Surviving Mars
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Tyranny - Bastards Wound
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Crusader Kings II: Monks and Mystics
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Cities: Skylines
As I've mentioned on the Steam forums, the way these DLC packs are setup forces anyone who bought the DLC previously to buy all the packs again if they want access to the rest of the content. As all three packs contain content that had not been released yet, but are packaged with stuff that was.

It would not have bothered me if there had been some kind of discount or something for people who already owned the DLC. But as I have seen no evidence of such a thing, I can only assume they expect me to buy all the content again. Which is a HUGE slap in the face, to someone who has tried to support them since before launch.

If there is something I'm missing, I'll gladly retract my statements and return to being your loyal supporter. But I'm not convinced this is the case.

Sad really, I was fairly excited for the expansion. But as it is I still don't own it, because I'm not sure I want to give any money to you people.

Yeah and they're charging $15 for the new DLC when the exact same type of DLC was $5 for the previous game. They skipped charging double and went straight to fleecing you for triple the price!

What happened that they got so greedy all of a sudden?
Whatever the case, I won't be buying the new DLC until it's heavily discounted.

As for the DLC I already own that they want me to purchase again, I'll wait for a bundle deal or 90% off.
This is shameful and embarrassing the way they are treating their customers who bought the Great Mage edition. If they don't fix this, next time they won't get a penny from me and I'll just get the game for free.

Despicable.

Last edited:
Ok, so I've taken a good look at the pricing. And I've come to the conclusion that by buying the packs I'm spending less money than I would have if they had been released in the IGS. Just spending more than if I had not bought them before.

Still not happy, but I will probably buy them at some point.

5$ ..15$..thats really not worth keveching about. Games costs the price of a meal and can provide months or years of use. I'd be more concerned with the product you buy actually working..last time I played this game they were knee deep in bugs and AI issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.