• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

delpiero1234

WritAAR
34 Badges
Jun 24, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Imperator: Rome Sign Up
  • Imperator: Rome
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cossacks
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Europa Universalis IV: Third Rome
When will you remove it? Forum regulars already know that Charlemagne has been released. No need to remind me every time I visit the forums.. It has become quite disturbing to be honest.

I imagine it will be there until AoW comes out for EU4..

Reactions:
And here I thought that this was an ad-free forums..

You can't really blame them for advertising their own products on their own domain, I'd take these ads over 'lose 100kg in 1 week' ads any day; at least I'm interested in the content being offered..

Reactions:
You can't really blame them for advertising their own products on their own domain, I'd take these ads over 'lose 100kg in 1 week' ads any day; at least I'm interested in the content being offered..

You're totally right... and come on guys, it's their domain and it doesn't hurt to see some "in-house advertising"!

You're totally right... and come on guys, it's their domain and it doesn't hurt to see some "in-house advertising"!
It just gets boring to see the same banner over and over again. Every forum regular knows that Charlemagne has been released.

It just gets boring to see the same banner over and over again. Every forum regular knows that Charlemagne has been released.

And how about the not-so regulars?

Reactions:
And how about the not-so regulars?
Then make the banner so that you can click it away or that it is only shown the first few times you visit the forums - pretty sure this could be done via cookies.

Then make the banner so that you can click it away or that it is only shown the first few times you visit the forums - pretty sure this could be done via cookies.

Not so serious note: I think you may need to take this test.
Serious note: Is it really that big of a deal to you?

Reactions:
Are you OK?
The person I relied to asked if it was a really that big deal to me which it is not. It's annoying and I'd like it to be removed and yes it does get boring to see it but if you keep it then that's fine, too. Understood it now?
And thank you for a reply that addresses the issue, AndrewT! I can't imagine this board without you and your posts.

I am not fan of the banner either. Why don't they just put it only on the CK2 forums and also maybe the news page(starting page).
That would be a fantastic solution.

We are really just experimenting with the banners right now, and a full program with varied content may be in the works, but right now a lot of effort will not be expended since the whole system will be changing shortly. PLus it is not really a banner even about the DLC itself, for our members it is more a banner announcing the new and often requested Medals for the CK2 DLC

I saw it day one, I blocked it in two clicks and had no idea it was still up. I guess I *am* privileged for knowing how to block an image :p
Good point. I just blocked this ad with my ad-blocker :) Thanks for the tip!

PLus it is not really a banner even about the DLC itself, for our members it is more a banner announcing the new and often requested Medals for the CK2 DLC
I'm sure the forum regulars who have requested medals for CK 2 DLCs have seen the banner by now at least a dozen times.

Plus it is not really a banner even about the DLC itself, for our members it is more a banner announcing the new and often requested Medals for the CK2 DLC

If that was one of the principal reasons for the banner then i think it missed the mark, because when i saw it, it thought the new medal was ONLY for the newsest Charlemagne expansion. Only when i saw a fellow forumite with the other medals i found out that the other DLC's had them!!

But as i said earlier, the banner doesn't disturbs me at all ;)

P.S. - Thanks for medals... 57 and counting!