• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

TheDarkMaster

Field Marshal
74 Badges
Jan 1, 2012
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Gettysburg
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Magicka
  • Naval War: Arctic Circle
  • Europa Universalis IV: Res Publica
  • Sword of the Stars II
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Warlock 2: The Exiled
  • Warlock 2: Wrath of the Nagas
  • Stellaris: Synthetic Dawn
  • Europa Universalis IV: Pre-order
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Crusader Kings II: Sunset Invasion
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
  • Cities in Motion
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Republic
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Dungeonland
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis IV: Art of War
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Crusader Kings II: Holy Fury
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Stellaris Sign-up
  • Tyranny: Archon Edition
  • Stellaris
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Pillars of Eternity
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • 500k Club
  • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
  • Victoria 2
Since the vassal limit bonus from dynasty prestige has been removed, I've been thinking about if there is maybe something we could replace that with. Basically something that you can use your dynasty prestige on to improve your entire family. The idea I came up with is somewhat inspired by the idea system from EU4. Basically, you can spend dynasty prestige on dynasty legacies that give all members of your dynasty small bonuses. These can be single stat point bonuses, increases of army moral, increased power of specific troops, extra vassal limits, and even a small bonus to demesne size. Obviously, some bonuses are much more expensive then others and probably don't have the same number of levels (like demesne size might only have one level, but increased light infantry power might have five levels).

What things you could take might also be dependent on your government, religion, or culture. Such as bonuses to special troops or cultural troops or to help you claim the Papacy more easily.

Dynasty prestige determines how much prestige is born with. At very high levels, this is already very strong as it means all your kinsmen are born with +20 opinion from everyone.

I really don't like untying the vassal limit from dynasty prestige. The limit is too static without it and it's weird that the ideal is max decentralization but max CA in order to adopt imperial administration.

Dynasty prestige determines how much prestige is born with. At very high levels, this is already very strong as it means all your kinsmen are born with +20 opinion from everyone.

This.

I will add, there are also issues with how dynasty prestige is calculated (specifically, small reigns count as much as big reigns), and it can be gamed to an extent. I personally did not think that linking it to vassal limit was a good idea (at least without some revision as to how it was calculated, as well as dealing with the issue of some dynasties (notably Karling in 1066) benefiting from having complete dynastic files in later scenarios), so I'm not surprised Paradox dropped it.

I really don't like untying the vassal limit from dynasty prestige. The limit is too static without it and it's weird that the ideal is max decentralization but max CA in order to adopt imperial administration.

Honestly, centralization and decentralization are probably misnomers for that law. When people hear centralization they think more power is being concentrated in the central government. But what centralization actually does is determine how much the emperor delegates to his subordinates (who could be extremely strong lords or weak bearocrats) and how much he directly administrates. It makes sense that you need max decentralization and max CA to adopt imperial administration, but it certainly sounds weird to say that modern-style nation states in CK2 are decentralized.

I was thinking that starting prestige and piety could be tied to the things you buy for your dynasty legacy, rather then just being gained innately for having a high dynasty prestige.