• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

jibby123

Second Lieutenant
35 Badges
Dec 28, 2012
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Stellaris - Path to Destruction bundle
  • Supreme Ruler 2020
  • Semper Fi
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Hearts of Iron III: Their Finest Hour
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • For the Motherland
  • Europa Universalis IV: Wealth of Nations
  • Divine Wind
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III: Chronicles
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Arsenal of Democracy
  • Prison Architect: Psych Ward
  • Prison Architect
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines - After Dark
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
I am playing TFH on the August Storm mod as Yugoslavia starting on Road to War (1st Jan 1936) on "Hard" level.

I CGM the game this time so at game start had zero neutrality and moved the slider on the Axis bar as far as it would. Immediately on game start I sent an "Align to faction" to Axis Germany. I was accepted in to their alliance pretty quickly by Feb/Mar. All good so far.

After building up my force for most of 1936, on 1st October 1936, wanting to open up the border to the Soviets, I invaded Romania. Long winter war of attrition with basically Inf/Art divisions against like for like Romanian OOB.

During my war with them they joined the Axis alliance as well (??!!). But we kept on fighting each other. It's taken me until May 1937 to force a conquer on Romania (I was using the war part to build up unit/General experience points) but upon conquering them all their remaining surviving fleeing units came up with "Romania takes province x" on whatever province they were in on that day. All of Romania is shaded apart from those provinces that had Romanian units on the day conquer was achieved with most of their units almost pushed in to the Black Sea.

We are both in the Axis alliance, yet remain at war with each other. How is this possible?

And to truly conquer them and wipe them out so Romania becomes part of my Yugoslavia do I have to wipe out all their remaining units? I have no problem doing so, could be fun-ish, even with my battle weary low org units pushing but don't want to have to bother if the end result is they remain as a nation in their own right and me as an occupying force.

Any help/advice/enlightenment would be very welcome! I've conquered them fine in the past on 'normal' level of difficulty, it's the first time I've tried on hard level. Is this the reason it's played out like this?

The diplomacy part of HOI 3 is very buggy and only designed for the ~5 big nations in my opinion. As soon as you do something unhistorical, problems like this come up. You could try manually annexing their provinces using the console, so that even though their government is still at war with you there is no more shading and things are as if you had won the war properly...

Since you're playing August Storm, you might wanna post this, or have it moved by a moderator, to that part of the forum section because you're far more likely to get a proper answer there. In mods usually the mechanics of the game, including war goals and diplomacy, have been changed a bit.