• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Trygve94

Generaloberst
18 Badges
Mar 25, 2014
  • Europa Universalis IV: Conquest of Paradise
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • For the Motherland
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Semper Fi
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Crusader Kings III
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
So i bought the game on both steam and the Mac application shop. Even though, both through steam and normal mac application is the game running unbearably slow.
My specs should be way more than necessary, however, i end up waiting hours without even getting though a year. I really loved this game and it's just so frustrating that it's not working well enough to enjoy.
Any ideas on what i could to? Surely others must have this problem as well?

My specs are

Prosessornavn: Intel Core i7
Prosessorhastighet: 2,7 GHz
Antall prosessorer: 1
Totalt antall kjerner: 4
Nivå 2-buffer (per kjerne): 256 kB
Nivå 3-buffer: 6 MB
Hukommelse: 16 GB
Start-ROM-versjon: MBP101.00EE.B03
SMC-versjon (system): 2.3f36

So i bought the game on both steam and the Mac application shop. Even though, both through steam and normal mac application is the game running unbearably slow.
My specs should be way more than necessary, however, i end up waiting hours without even getting though a year. I really loved this game and it's just so frustrating that it's not working well enough to enjoy.
Any ideas on what i could to? Surely others must have this problem as well?

My specs are

Prosessornavn: Intel Core i7
Prosessorhastighet: 2,7 GHz
Antall prosessorer: 1
Totalt antall kjerner: 4
Nivå 2-buffer (per kjerne): 256 kB
Nivå 3-buffer: 6 MB
Hukommelse: 16 GB
Start-ROM-versjon: MBP101.00EE.B03
SMC-versjon (system): 2.3f36

Note, wrong forum but it will be moved to HOI3 anyway so don't worry.

The first question would be what years are you currently having issues with? I would run into some of the issues you are describing on windows in the height of the war in 1942-1944 time frame. Too many units/economies to handle. If the China-Jap war is still going on it might be easier to simply cheat and have China surrender as they usually have a ton of units.

The second question would be you do know you can speed up time in the game right? Just trying to make sure you know you can increase game speed to 1 day per second at it's fastest speed since it's your first post. I think the default speed modifiers is + and -.

Note, wrong forum but it will be moved to HOI3 anyway so don't worry.

The first question would be what years are you currently having issues with? I would run into some of the issues you are describing on windows in the height of the war in 1942-1944 time frame. Too many units/economies to handle. If the China-Jap war is still going on it might be easier to simply cheat and have China surrender as they usually have a ton of units.

The second question would be you do know you can speed up time in the game right? Just trying to make sure you know you can increase game speed to 1 day per second at it's fastest speed since it's your first post. I think the default speed modifiers is + and -.

At full speed, the game goes at around at 26 seconds a day- It's just laggy every second, and very uneven. Can't understand why it's happening with such a strong CPU and high memory. Right now I'm in 1937 Germany, and it's been like this from the beginning. All my previous games are the same- but i've never reached further than 1941, cause you just end up becoming too impatient.

At full speed, the game goes at around at 26 seconds a day- It's just laggy every second, and very uneven. Can't understand why it's happening with such a strong CPU and high memory. Right now I'm in 1937 Germany, and it's been like this from the beginning. All my previous games are the same- but i've never reached further than 1941, cause you just end up becoming too impatient.

Sorry to hear, cannot help you much since i have not worked on hoi3 and the mac port is made by Virtual Programming (www.vpltd.com) and is not an in house production... So either check with them or at the hoi3 part of the paradox forum, hopefully someone can be of assistance.

Sorry to hear, cannot help you much since i have not worked on hoi3 and the mac port is made by Virtual Programming (www.vpltd.com) and is not an in house production... So either check with them or at the hoi3 part of the paradox forum, hopefully someone can be of assistance.

But I am at the hoi3 part of the paradox forum? Anyways, I will see what i can do with the vpltd. If anyone knows anything else, please shout out! Even the smallest of ideas might help. Cheers.
Also note, it has always been like this. As far as i know for certain, it was the same half a year ago.

But I am at the hoi3 part of the paradox forum?
Now you are, you originally posted in the HoI4 forum but moderator 'Had a dad' moved you here while i was posting O:)
Best of luck with your problem, btw gonna make podcat look at this thread since he might have some insight to it.

According to several, VP is saying it's a known issue with 10.9.5 and there is a fix but it has not been pushed to the Steam backend. Now if the OP purchased it via the Mac store, then yes he needs to contact VP via the website Guraan linked.

I've been told the new patch from VP has been uploaded to Steam