• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
But please don't hold your breath. As I wrote there are still problems, so it may still takes us months. :(
months?! whats the problem then?

months?! whats the problem then?
I think he mentioned. Changes that need lot of effort to be made and team members having lives of their own as well.

erm, yes i understood this. i'm not sure if it's too personal to ask which problems in general are those? obviously the community can not help with the real life of devs, but modding stuff could be done, even if it is only searching some images or collect information.

ok. well that is not my field of interest. but if you need eg a source image of pics i already made in one of my packages (some websites are down today), or need some research, lists or whatever let me know. i know some people in the researcher comunity and maybe i can find things easier than others or have saved them. but usually only 30s/40s of the 20th century.

ok. well that is not my field of interest. but if you need eg a source image of pics i already made in one of my packages (some websites are down today), or need some research, lists or whatever let me know. i know some people in the researcher comunity and maybe i can find things easier than others or have saved them. but usually only 30s/40s of the 20th century.
Thank you for your offer anyway. :)
The only book I have read about the Russian Civil War is this one:

http://www.amazon.com/Russian-1918-...7796&sr=8-5&keywords=russian+civil+war+osprey

It's a good summary, but you probably need something with more details and numbers.
Thanks to you too, but yes, we need something more detailed. To be more precise, we need informations about Semenov's Transbaikal Host and his Russian Eastern Outskirts government.

Well AC, MANY MANY THANKS to you and the development team to actually still be working on this FANTASTISC game.

If 1.04 will take months, it means I have plenty of time to get another campaign started!

KUDOS!

#patch1.05_2016

It is kinda disappointing, but understandable at the same time and wish like others we could do more. I do hope though that the teams hold up enough to make 1.05, a big 'engine patch', DH's life is getting really old and reaching official game age length. With time and new games passing by, i just hope the community holds up until then.

I just wanted to wish good luck to the devs.
Like they stated many times, they are just doing this in their free time,
and by the way, they are still updating the game, not developing it, so if we can be honest, the reason they are still working on this, is purely motivational.
To spend many hours working on something for people you don't meet (except on the internet), and without a financial return, it is really a nice thing to do.
Honestly, I would have trouble spending time on such a project, so I hugely respect the devs for the effort they do.

I just started playing DH (and I'm a LONG time HOI guy - from the original) and I have to say my first game (well I had to save scum a few times and even start over a few times because DH was actually well CHALLENGING) was the best HOI experience I've ever had. the USSR was actually really tough to beat (took me until 1943).. I had to abandon North Africa and fight off severla large amphibious invasions and then when I thought everything was good I got nuked.... repeatedly by the US.

Just awesome

Hello
First of all i want to say how happy i am that you created such a game since my son showed it to me few years back i played more hours than i care to admit.
Second i am sorry these is my first forum post and i dont know if these is the right thread or not and english is not my first or second language, but any way here goes.

These are the few things i miss in the game
I love micromanagement and usualy rename all my divisions and units to create my army structure. I would love to see that game is brigade based and not division so you would allso have brigade generals or 1 star general (i know not all armys have 5 general ranks but most of the big powers of that time had)
i see in patch 1.03 major General can command 3div LtG 6... these is great news, but my dream is to have majorG commanding a division you would still have 3 units named 1. Inf Bde, 2nd Inf Bde, 13 Bde. or something (with special attached not brigade like now but regiment) and you could assigned brigade general to a brigade under comand of a majorG. so in a new division you could have 4 generals up to 3 brigade and one major or higher.
Higher generals Lt, and generals can command armys and corps, i miss posibility to have a majorG with a division as a stand alone unit but assigned to higher ranking general, so you can have a corps with 3 stand aline units 1 comanded by Lt. gen and 2 major gen in 3 sectors, but major generals and their division in a diferent sectro yould still get some bonus (minior than as in the same sector) from Lt gen.

the promotion general command is great but i miss, retire general button with some countries you have in 36 an old general just before the retirement, but after 10 years of war he can be 80+ years old and would be nice if you could retire him or if he is useles you could retire him, with these allso come experiances generals need points to get promotion. you can make medals if he gets enough experiance he can be aworede a medal or more medals and each medal would give some morale boost or something.

earlier and later start dates like 1910 with balkan wars and gear up for great war and cold war or corea and vietnam war scenarios.

last thing is units and units pictures. i realy like one mod were you have "models" for every country i think the more diferent pictures there are more countries people will play just to see the next upgreaded infantry picture and i miss the old general pictures by playing germany you could see by the pictures that some officer is ss or not, now (these could be the law) you knot that only by knowing their names, you could make new general tread ss like there are commando, log. wizard and so on. And i allso miss some special units like the ss or nkvd or guards and rangers... they are in the game but just by name but in history some of these units were much better than other of the same type. I know these can be easy moded and there proboly are some mods but i realy dont know nothing of computers and programimg so sorry for these last one.

these are some of my dreams hope you share the same ones or if mabey i opend your mint to some new things, if not i will still be happy because these is the best ww2 and ww1 game out there and as i heard tehse before its a sand box with limitles options and i will still love and support you guys.

Last edited:
A quick post to say that DH is a fantastic strategy game still. I'm playing concurrent games (December 2014) as Turkey in both HoI3 and DH -Darkest Hour has me more hooked it must be said. I love HoI3's command structure but for me, DH has more attractive appeal or a more nebulous quality I can't suggest (and the map is beautiful). The HoI3 campaign is falling by the wayside as a result, in truth.

Thanks, DH developers for making a game that is sure to be on my HD for years to come. Happy New Year!

DH is already such an amazing game, but I can only dream about how nice it could be with impossible things like hoi3's army structure, and better supply system

Well a better supply system is definitely possible - AoD does that. But probably not army structure. Custom divisions is pretty much mod-able as is though. Not perfectly but you could do good enough job to represent Inf/Mot/Mech with one division type but varying 'brigades'.

Fascinating thread. Fascinating game. HOI4 is out; and while some people prefer it now, there are many who still prefer this game. I don't have HOI4; but the reviews have not convinced me I need to move there for a more detailed game. Hopefully the next product will be a more direct evolution of DH. A lot of changes I saw in HOI4 don't seem to improve options or detail, but seem more like changes for changes sake, along with improved graphics. There are a few things that crossed my mind on how the game could progress:

There could be more disposition options for all units; that would allow one strength to be enhanced at the cost of another.

Controlling large countries in multiple theaters can be a little too much for one person. Perhaps allowing ways for players to divide big countries for the purpose of making them easier to manage.

More display options including a closer in zoom level. Perhaps also a larger/bolder font option along with a way to change colors on the to&e popups(I can't quite see the light green against the grey sometimes).

The battle display is an interesting piece of graphics attempting to portray how some of the numbers interact. Perhaps a popup full-screen display could better depict this; perhaps even allowing some micro-management of battles.

Improving the AI and supply was mentioned. I would add to this a little more detailed explanation of how it works in the manual.

Perhaps there is a way to better organize MP making it easier find a game at a certain time and play with players based on their skill, commitment, age, etc. I love the idea of playing MP; but without actual friends to play with, it can be time-consuming finding players.

I haven't splurged on HOI4 but would gladly invest money on seeing DH improved.

Last edited:
Controlling large countries in multiple theaters can be a little too much for one person. Perhaps allowing ways for players to divide big countries for the purpose of making them easier to manage.

I think you can do that in MP, i remember doing that while playing MP a while ago and some users selected the same country.