• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Maybe your question is : Should I buy the RoI DLC for 15 bucks?
Playing in India is nice, but I still prefer Europe.

I think you can wait for a Steam sale

I love playing in India. The ease at which you can switch between religion makes for more varied gameplay than you find in the west--spend a few generations as Hindu pirates raiding the Islamic lands by ship, and once you're good and wealthy switch to Jain for a stable and peaceful realm, that sort of thing. Jains/Buddhists also have access to my favorite succession law in the game with their heir-designation ability.

Playing in India is fun even if you are a Muslim or Christian, since many of the events apply just due to having your capital in the subcontinent (tiger hunts, rampaging elephants, that sort of thing). So if the names bug you, you can always carve out an Indian kingdom as a Turk or Persian (or maybe a Norseman).

The indian subcontinent is really interesting imo because there are plenty of small provinces that are very far from the coast. Also in the 867 start the kingdoms often gets balkanized or form into empires which is very fun to play within. I've only played one major game in india and it was a count slightly south of dheli. Creating dheli was actually quite fun. Also killing a bunch of people for a festival is pretty great too.

I love playing in India. The ease at which you can switch between religion makes for more varied gameplay than you find in the west--spend a few generations as Hindu pirates raiding the Islamic lands by ship, and once you're good and wealthy switch to Jain for a stable and peaceful realm, that sort of thing. Jains/Buddhists also have access to my favorite succession law in the game with their heir-designation ability.

Playing in India is fun even if you are a Muslim or Christian, since many of the events apply just due to having your capital in the subcontinent (tiger hunts, rampaging elephants, that sort of thing). So if the names bug you, you can always carve out an Indian kingdom as a Turk or Persian (or maybe a Norseman).

Totally agree with this, it's good stuff, the names are really complicated but theirs a lot of good mechanics in there.

Only thing I have to add is that stop islamic incursions is hugely important as they can go rampant easily.

Also find your kingdoms natural capital and control it, that way you can move your capital to a freshly conquered province of a different culture convert to its culture for the subjugation CB the move it back so you dont have to suffer having a bad freshly conquered province as a capital.