• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Thegreatgeneral

Major
3 Badges
Sep 10, 2014
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
Hello everyone, this is my first AAR, my first serious gaming at Darkest Hour and I'm playing it on "The grand campaing" mod.

So, I decided to choose Russia. I started playing in the end of June, and I gave a look.
My first preoccupation was the high dissent, as I rely a lot above IC and I perfectly know that dissent harms my capacity.
So, I decided to invest in sanitation and public instruction, and I decided for low taxes.
As I studied well history, I thought that WW1 was going to happen, this led me focusing about bellic research (to make me understand easier, not industrial, I'll make a screen as soon as possibile).
Serbia asked my active support, but I perfectly remembered that what led Tzarist Russia to defeat and Brest-Litovsk treat was the high dissent even among military forces. So I decided not to help them (-10% dissent) but I looked immediately for an alliance with France. Serbia, without Russian help, accepted the Austrian inspectors, and this led to my protests and to the secret support to partisans and riots. I got the alliance with Serbia, and now I also have military control on them. So now I'm placing troops on the borders.
I also looked for a military alliance with Britain, but they refused.

So now I'm in october 11, 1914. My IC is as much as possible stored for upgrading. I have massive army, but not so modern, and, after trying a game with germany I saw how 9 1939-inf divisions could keep 26 not so modern french infantry divisions in Saarbucken, I give priority to modernization.
What remains (very few) is dedicated to production. I am producing 2 air bases and four fighters. When I'll have more IC, I will be able to make more decisions. I would like to occupy Sweden to have a bit of IC, but my army is almost totally at the borders, ready to face an offensive by the central powers and Ottoman Empire.

So, this is my current situation. As it is my first game, tips are welcome! :D and screenshots are coming

EDIT: if I was not clear about it, I'm in peace for now

Last edited:
So, as I promised, here you are my screenshots which can describe my situation

as it regards technology

b8vihl.png

this is how I use IC

2zz49b8.png

my diplomacy

2nv9dtx.png

Will we become more democratic? Will Tzar reign even after 1917? Will I able to prevent commies to get the power? ;)

Last edited:
Update!

We are at war.

28b9yd3.png

Russia finally decided, once updated its army to 1907 models, to help their slavic friends of Serbia against the Austrian oppressor.

But Germany does not like to watch its ally being smashed by Tzarish power and declares war to us.
And the war reflects the historical situation: if we can say that Russia and Serbia are obtaining an initial good situation against Austrian power, Germany forces are far superior and after the first days, the situation is against Russia! Only God can help us

Oh dear... will the Russians crumble before the Twin Teutonic Titans? Will Tsar Nikolai knockout the Kaiser Kombo? Time will tell...

Would love to see Imperial Russia kick some butt. Keep going.

Last edited: