• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.
Well, some of them are quite obscure. Seriously, who has ever heard of Davit II of Kartli? But guy is one of my favourite starts and has three traits fixed. Weird.
Who has ever heard of Dyre? Well, maybe someone. But he might not have even existed...

Modifier : Viking Love

+ 100 Paradox Attention
+ 5 base score

Will the Bastard also gets mostly fixed traits and thus stats. Haesteinn and his two sidekicks. Most of the sons of Lodbrok and other notable vikings(Fairhair, Bagsecg, etc).

I believe that historic Ivar did nothing of note beyond the Great Heathen Army. Gudred Crovan is his descendant though.

Will the Bastard also gets mostly fixed traits and thus stats. Haesteinn and his two sidekicks. Most of the sons of Lodbrok and other notable vikings(Fairhair, Bagsecg, etc).

I believe that historic Ivar did nothing of note beyond the Great Heathen Army. Gudred Crovan is his descendant though.

It's not certain that the 'Ivar of the Irish Sea region' was the same as the 'Ivar of the Great Heathen Army' (although Paradox treats these two figures as one individual). Godred Crovan's apparent ancestor was the former, a man who was styled on his death by an Irish annalist: "King of the Norsemen of all Ireland and Britain". As for the 'Ivar of the Great Heathan Army', I'd say smashing the kingdoms of Northumbria and East Anglia, and perhaps even killing their kings as later sources suggest, is quite notable. :p

It is strange and sometimes annoying when major figures (who I actually know about, there are many others, possibly even more important, who I know little or nothing about) get totally random stats.
Still, there is always the option to mod the stats to something you feel appropriate.

They don't need love, they've got all the consonants.

I have to say, it's kinda weird to see Toirdhealbhach not get involved in any adventures to take Munster considering history. Then again, even having Murchad survive to 1070 is ahistorical. So there's that. :p

That being said, maybe tribal will allow limited raiding and it'll be a bit more accurate to the period. :D (And on topic, some of the stats are just odd. I saw Sancho with second teir spymater education)

This is much like John II Komnenos, who tends to have abysmal stats despite history.

That being said, maybe tribal will allow limited raiding and it'll be a bit more accurate to the period. :D

I agree that it would be excellent to have Christian tribals still being able to raid.