• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

SlackBladder

First Lieutenant
22 Badges
Apr 11, 2012
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Divine Wind
  • Heir to the Throne
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Crusader Kings II: Reapers Due
  • Crusader Kings II: Conclave
  • Crusader Kings II: Horse Lords
  • Crusader Kings II: Way of Life
  • 500k Club
  • Victoria 2
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Crusader Kings II: Sword of Islam
  • Crusader Kings II: Sons of Abraham
  • Crusader Kings II: Rajas of India
  • Crusader Kings II: The Old Gods
  • Crusader Kings II: Legacy of Rome
  • Crusader Kings II: Charlemagne
I know it's impossible in the game mechanics but can it be done by save game editing or something similar? It's just that Tengri reforms in nearly all my games which makes almost no sense historically.

I know it's impossible in the game mechanics but can it be done by save game editing or something similar? It's just that Tengri reforms in nearly all my games which makes almost no sense historically.
Well IF you really want to waste your life time you could make them:
pagan_tengri (correct if I am wrong) religion by charinfo or saveediting.

But it will take allot of time.

Well you could change their holysites by modding, but it is kinda hard still.

It's just that Tengri reforms in nearly all my games which makes almost no sense historically.
It makes perfect sense historically, within the context of the games where it happens. Tengri reforms so well because they spread far beyond the borders historical to Our timeline, but that clearly doesn't hold true in-game.

However, if you wanted to make Tengri unreformed...

Upon reforming the faith, the reformed Tengri becomes orthodox and Old Tengri becomes the heresy. Wipe out Reformed Tengri until Old Tengri becomes the majority faith, and they will become the orthodox. No more reformed Tengri.

Well IF you really want to waste your life time you could make them:
pagan_tengri (correct if I am wrong) religion by charinfo or saveediting.

But it will take allot of time.

Well you could change their holysites by modding, but it is kinda hard still.
Do you mean just changing characters' cultures with the first suggestion?

It makes perfect sense historically, within the context of the games where it happens. Tengri reforms so well because they spread far beyond the borders historical to Our timeline, but that clearly doesn't hold true in-game.
Hmm, not so sure about that. It's the only religion where most of the believers are off the map, why would they obey a high priest in Europe. But anyway, that's not the point of this thread!

The only way I can think you can change it in game with no hassle, is to turn the Tengri leader in charge of most of it's religious holdings, into Old Tengri, I do believe that if most places convert back to Old Tengri, then that becomes the main branch of the religion, it sort of acts like how heresies work.

Impossible. You might wipe out all provinces and characters that are reformed tegri, but it still wont dereform it.