• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

Cyrus_The_Great

Generalissimo
9 Badges
Jun 27, 2006
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • Victoria: Revolutions
  • Europa Universalis: Rome
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
So I am playing as Denmark, and among other territories control Scotland. I have been very worried about England, who is obviously a threat to my Scottish holdings and Irish Vassals. Even worse, they are in alliance with the Teutonic Order, which threatens some of my baltic holdings. I had thus carefully constructed an alliance with the Irish States, Norway, some German minors, and Lithuania in order to counter this threat. But this seems not to have mattered...

For some reason, about a month after (luckily) a recent save, I am shown the message "you now have leadership in the war against England [and Teutonic Order]." However, I am not receiving the "England has declared war, prepare for battle" message, nor are my allies being called into the war. My old alliances continue to exist following this message, just as they previously did, but it doesn't seem that my allies were given the option to assist me.

Can anyone tell me what is going on here? Is this a glitch? I've recently came back to EU3 and am having a ton of fun, but this has been puzzling me. I'm playing IN.

They DOW'd one of your vassals and you were allied/automatically called into the war. It happens, call in some friends and have some fun.

Thanks for the note. It is probably because of my PU with Norway then....they are the only other participant in the war. Well this should be fun ... :confused:

Call your vassals, and friends. Good luck, try and get them to land their armies but send their navy home. If you can drive up their war exhaustion then you should be able to force a white peace.

Call your vassals, and friends. Good luck, try and get them to land their armies but send their navy home. If you can drive up their war exhaustion then you should be able to force a white peace.

Yeah well the issue was that I wasn't being given the option to call on them - the war just started suddenly with only me and Norway. Everything worked out though ultimately, and after another two wars I've managed to take most of England since we last spoke.